cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2GB Bonus Data Promo.

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I'm not sure if anyone has talked about this yet, But PM has a promotion going. You get 2GB extra of monthly free data on any plans 35$ and above and it never expires as long as you don't switch plans. 

Found it through an ad on Instagram. Here's the link. 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/pd1-9671281201?cmp=SOC_Public-Mobile-Mobility-Performance-Always-O...

66 REPLIES 66

@wetcoaster 

That's not much of a winback offer....when the current promo beats your higher end offer by being unlimited. While $25/2gb is a nice offer.....if it was unlimited. The quebec offer was "technically" open to all customers new or current. A $5 unlimited discount.....giving you a $30/2.5gb plan. The fact that you cannot even stack them with any other in market offers makes it just.....meh.

@hTideGnow 

Was that a typo? With the 2gb bonus plan data promo the $35 plan has 5gb of plan data.

@abbergabbers  I think this promo is for activating online only.. so, it doesn't apply when activating at Warlmart...  😞

@abbergabbers  did you put in your email address ahead of time and got a confirmation?

If so, I guess you can open a ticket with mod to have it apply back  on your account..

To open a ticket with mod, click on the Bubble or directly at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot
Enter your question in SIMon. Follow the prompts until you reach the Contact Us button

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the moderators (but this can take longer):
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@abbergabbers wrote:

Activated two new accounts tonight at Walmart and tried the promo code , it did not go through! Was wondering if it was expired? But after reading the comments of it being new, doesn't make sense to me why it didn't work...

The offer is still valid. Was it a $35 or higher plan that you were activating?

Correction: this is an online-only offer

abbergabbers
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Activated two new accounts tonight at Walmart and tried the promo code , it did not go through! Was wondering if it was expired? But after reading the comments of it being new, doesn't make sense to me why it didn't work...

@darlicious wrote:

@wetcoaster 

What's your comeback offer?

Targeted to an e-mail associated with an account that was closed last summer.

Limited to 12 cycles additional 1GB to the $25 plan or 2GB to $35 or over. Offer expires June 30.

I also found time to double checked: no double dipping. (Still on the fence, but if my consideration of my data needs will lead to taking advantage of this, I might still try and see what happens. 🤐 )

.. but to be honest, $35 with 4GB 5GB is tempting..

with Autopay is $33.  Then, just put in a little bit of effort on Community and the price down to $32 or $31 (in fact , it can go down further).. i guess you really can't get a better deal than this.

BlueB

@BearFBI We can't always have the best deal for everything... as long as you're getting a good deal, the long-term benefits often outweigh the short-term savings.  You can only get both if you're really aggressive with a lot of time to navigate and jump around for- not just Public Mobile, but everything in life... gas for the car, gifts for the holidays, timing sales with coupons for groceries, the list goes on.  🙂

@BearFBI  , no , you don't want to do that.. there is a $25 porting fee for doing so.  And if you port out too quick , within 30 days or so, another $25

https://support.fongo.com/hc/en-us/articles/212436106-Keep-your-current-phone-number-Port-In-Fongo-M....

I guess the best you can do is to find a kiosk which give out free SIM, activate  the cheapest plan, then port the number back into PM.    Of course, lots of work.. and if you have to port back into PM in less than 1 month (the deal has a deadline), you loss some money with the other carrier you joined briefly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BearFBI : That's just it though eh. It's really the same thing as the $40 plan but $5 less. Then 7gb for $40 and 12.5gb for $50.

So depending on your rewards...it might not be worth it. Apparently not for you.

BearFBI

If I didn't have all the rewards I have now I'd port out to fongo and port back in on the 35$ plan. 

BlueB

That's a smart idea @hTideGnow, and you could technically port your number over too.  You'd lose any Loyalty rewards though and that can add up over time depending on how much loyalty a user has generated.

@Asher2  in fact, if you don't mind getting a new number.. yes, you can .. just reactivate another account with a new phone number.  SIM card could be free from local Kiosk.  And $10 from Friend Referral, so, it's pretty much no cost to you. 

BlueB

@Asher2 

Wow, seriously, this thread blew up like @BearFBI said!  🙂  Public Mobile runs all different sorts of promotions, some overlap with time-limited, and other as promotional (holiday) freebies, and this is seems to be one of the ongoing hidden promos for those activating on a higher-tier account.

We can't have everything, and I'm sure many of us feel gutted by missing out in one way or another.  Too bad, as I know I missed out on some other stuff too!  🙂

Asher2
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Wow im late to this thread. But I have actually seen this offer in a AD online and it said ending on May 7th. Even though it had been much past that date (at the time I saw that ad) I thought it had already ended

Was thinking this was a really good deal. I wish a deal like this was available when I signed up. I was one of the unlucky ones who signed up when there were no deals.

Anyways as you said it is a sweet deal for new customers! 

BearFBI

Wow, was gone for a few hours and this thread blew up. 

Thanks for the clarification @J_PM This is a sweet offer for new users !

@J_PM    Thanks for clarifying the details on this promotion. 

However, I'll echo what everyone has been saying on this thread, this confusion around the terms and conditions attached to new offers seem to re-occur fairly regularly which means quite often most of us are left trying to interpret and explain to new customers (or current) exactly what these conditions imply.   

Also nice to see that you are willing to quickly jump into a conversation and try to clarify PM's sometimes muddled policy!  😊

@Madison_07 

Yes it is on $35+ plans.

Madison_07
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This is only for new customers 

Oops I was going to say ....but thought better of it.😉

@Anonymous 

Maybe they're unpaid interns!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : While they're customers too...I wonder that the Oracles see things in advance. If so, they're not doing a very good job for their 20 bucks. 🙂 Oooorr...the company is getting what they pay for 🙂 But certainly the actual people on the payroll should be doing better.

@Anonymous 

Excellent idea! Then the community gets the jump on promos to line up our referrals....instead of finding out about them from curious possible new customers or places like RFD and Instagram.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks again @J_PM : I'm a bit of a regular around here so yes I understand. Yes we're a bit picky on promo wording. It's all too often confusing or mis-interpreted. Where do you want to spend your time? Clarifying and correcting? Or making it right the first time?

Maybe you could run them up the flag pole here and ask "hey folks how's the wording on this promo before we put it live?". You'll get immediate feedback and it will be right and you'll get that promotion up to the big leagues and this place'll get another one of you to break in. 🙂

@Anonymous 

The community still needs improvement.....there was that promise of a free trip for a community feedback forum once the pandemic is/was over. I'm only a couple of weeks away from my second jab!😃

@J_PM 

Your welcome! We are a nit-picking bunch around here but we like to keep pm on its toes!

How about a free 1GB add on for @Anonymous and I for all of our free marketing department work? We are good all arounders we can work in the sales, customer service and marketing departments!

We will take the 1GB on our $10 accounts so it is full speed 4GLTE. 🤣🤣🤣

thansk @J_PM  for confirming that it is in fact REOCCURING!!!

@Anonymous 

The offer in general will be a limited time only offer. Not the bonus the data. 

2GB Bonus data will expire if the account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed.

Hope this helps!

Jade

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : Well...yes..._we_ do...but only because we've been here a while and have old plans. It has been a constant battle with the wording in all the promos that have come and gone through the years that I've been here. I'm then thinking of the recent essays by the new arrival Leopold (Bugs Bunny always come to mind on that name 🙂 ). And now this conversation.

@Anonymous 

Well it's not unlimited but we at least get an awful lot of free full speed 4G LTE data.😃

Need Help? Let's chat.