cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2G bonus only for new activate

kkwoo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This is so disappointed that the 2G bonus is only for new activate.  Maybe public mobile should consider reward the royal customers, not just getting new client.

14 REPLIES 14

@briannguyen92 

No your referral code is valid as soon as you activate. Or do you mean the referral code you tried to enter when you activated?

briannguyen92
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Do you need like a specific time to give out your referal code? Cause mine does not work when I first bought my plan.

@kkwoo 

Does the 1gb of data with your current plan not serve your needs? Do you need 2 extra GB? Or even 4gb? The same amount of data that is on promotion is $5 more with the $40/5gb plan. You are $2 in loyalty rewards ahead of the new activations so you would be paying $3 more than they are for the same amount of data per month. Come and participate in the community a few times a moth and you can easily earn $1 or $2 community reward. That will put you paying $1 more.....one referral reward away from paying the same price as that friend you refer with this promotional plan.

But....you have the flexibility to change plans unlike those on the promotional plan because if they change plans they are just like you....they don't get the bonus plan data anymore.

How much data do you really use each month? You may find with some monitoring and some data saving tips a downgrade go the $15 plan might work for you with a $5/500min add on and a $15/1gb add on to supplement it. Hopefully some "more the merrier" campaign free gifts from pm at xmas and you will start $10 a month rather than paying an extra $10 month is in your future.

Monitor your data usage, hang out in the community to learn more about how to save, manage your service and account, how to refer and earn a community reward. We can get you on the path of saving more rather than paying more....

kkwoo

I'm currently with the $25 plan and was thinking to take this promotion to move to $35 plan

@kkwoo wrote:

I totally agreed that moving out and in is not a good idea but this kind of promotion only to new client is kind of discourage and disappointed  

All mobile carriers are like this... They only look at the new activation number.  You can jump to another provider to take advantage of the new deal.. then couple months later, you will be saying the same thing (why no more good promo for existing customers)

I guess porting is easy enough.  If you see a good promo elsewhere, take advantage.  Go to a kiosk to activate to get the free sim and take the promo... couple months later, jump to another provider when you see another good deal (or maybe you will jump back to PM.. at that time, there might be 10GBBONUS.. haha.. i wish).    No need to show loyalty.. just go with the promo.. and price  🙂

@kkwoo 

What plan are you on?

barndoor
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@kkwoo wrote:

I totally agreed that moving out and in is not a good idea but this kind of promotion only to new client is kind of discourage and disappointed  

But if you mention and give referrals to five new customers that you talk into this new plan  you'll get five bucks a month off your bill ... That would have you halfway to paying for  2 gig of data wouldn't it ?  😉 😀

kkwoo

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kkwoo : I have 3 accounts here. My original main. One that I got on a promo that I use as my data account. Another I got just for fiddling and testing things that I keep alive every ~4 months.

If you want to keep your number you can also port out and back into a new account. People have done it. iirc for about a net loss of about $20 (that might not be exact). It's up to you. But you would also lose accumulated loyalty time and any referrals.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kkwoo 

but if you want to getting the 2GB Free bonus you can port your number to another company and coming back with new SIM card and new email and start a new account. you will not losing your old number...

important to you know if you like to Transferring your old Phone Number to another carrier

Make sure that you have the old SIM card in your phone when you're porting your number. You should get a message from your old carrier asking to confirm if you would like to port your number. Your reply should be: YES.

also you have account with public mobile Activated,

and when you will come back to public mobile i suggest you get a New SIM card is better for you and fast way

from any Retail store and you buy it right away,

Where To Buy A SIM card,

You can purchase a Public Mobile SIM card at a variety of retail locations. Click Here link 

to open our store locator and find the closest retailer to you.

or 

Too easy buy it online or in store visit Here link, or Pickup 1-2 Hours.

and Here How To Activate Online visit Here link  for more information,

Activate your Public Mobile SIM card

You'll be up and running in just 4 easy steps, Here link 

for new customers who activate online.only, To get  2GB of monthly bonus data for Free* when you activations on $35, $40, $50, $70 rate plans, for that Promo code for 2GB ,  2GBBONUS , that monthly bonus for 2GB no expires but you have to keep your plan and if you changed your plan you will lost the promo 2GB,just to you know.

put it the email for it and the same email when you do a new activate, Here link,

so when Activate put it both code

1. Enter  Promo Code for 2GB Free, ( 2GBBONUS ) 

2. Enter  Friend Referral Code (??????)  to you will receive a one-time credit of $10..,like a SIM card for Free is will be cover,

they will applied within 72hr,,,

Good Luck...

@kkwoo wrote:

It doesn't seem make sense to create a new account as it require new phone number and cancelling the old one.

There are huge disincentives to churn an old account to take advantage of deals intended for new activations only.  As long term customer, I just tuned out these deals so I don't get upset.  

kkwoo

It doesn't seem make sense to create a new account as it require new phone number and cancelling the old one.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kkwoo 

For 2G Free bonus only for new activate...nothing for existing customer,

we hope so they doing something about existing customer, but maybe in december...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kkwoo : This place often gives gifts to their existing customers. Most providers want to entice new customers. Few providers do these for their existing customers.

You can always start a new account.

Need Help? Let's chat.