cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

25$ talk and text

Braziller
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

On the 25$ talk and text plan.  It says unlimited talk CANADA. That’s clear.  The text is unlimited international.  Does that mean text in Canada is not included?

21 REPLIES 21

@stonechucker wrote:

Threads like this one are where and when I wish there was a thumbs down option. Seriously, the lack of true information provided by some community members is atrocious.

...and another thing, people post new concerns, instead of searching if their issue has already been resolved. There have been a lot of great answers to questions over the years, but unfortunately they're buried. I do like the vote up or down options like at RFD.

I haven't been around for awhile, but @stonechucker it's great to see you've received an upgrade to oracle. Good for you!  I know you're one of several who really care in giving people the correct information. Robot wink

Renae
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Canada is included as well as the states. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Riettarose wrote:

No, but am I wrong in thinking you could text someone in Italy? Hence the "international" texting. 

Nope. All good. Correct.

The sentence could be interpreted differently the way it was written thus the clarification.

Riettarose

Come on PM! Let's bring service to Italy! 

Riettarose

No, but am I wrong in thinking you could text someone in Italy? Hence the "international" texting. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@will13am wrote:

I am a little late to the party here, but I agree with @stonechucker about post quality vs post quantity.  The plan features in question are always applicable while connected to the Public Mobile network only otherwise the word roaming enters into the discussion.  For that we are talking about US only via add-on purchase.  Two simple sentences should cover the entire discussion.  Why do we need 2 pages of banter that include comments about how a tiny word change sprinkled with some imagination could possibly affect accuracy of description.  I would agree with a button to down vote a post as discouragement for this kind of nonsense.  However, having seen the ill effects on RFD where retribution was bountiful, it is probably best to learn from other's mistake and apply liberal quantities of coaching instead.  

Seems pretty evident from this and some pm's that you somehow inexplicably have it out for me. Not sure how that happened. Did I mis-aim into your corn flakes or something?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I am a little late to the party here, but I agree with @stonechucker about post quality vs post quantity.  The plan features in question are always applicable while connected to the Public Mobile network only otherwise the word roaming enters into the discussion.  For that we are talking about US only via add-on purchase.  Two simple sentences should cover the entire discussion.  Why do we need 2 pages of banter that include comments about how a tiny word change sprinkled with some imagination could possibly affect accuracy of description.  I would agree with a button to down vote a post as discouragement for this kind of nonsense.  However, having seen the ill effects on RFD where retribution was bountiful, it is probably best to learn from other's mistake and apply liberal quantities of coaching instead.  

Riettarose

Woah, didn't realize this was going to be taken so literally. I hoped more emphasis would be put on the definition of international. Meaning, the earth. And here we are 🤷‍♀️ look at any coverage map and it's obvious that Italy is out of the equation, it was a joke. 

@Anonymous wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Riettarose wrote:

International means the world, this includes Canada. Text away whether in Canada or Italy! 

Customers cannot use Public Mobile services while in Italy.

lol One little two letter word. Change "in" to "to" and all would be good. But in can sorta kinda work too if one stretches ones imagination a little.

I know I was being a little picky there, and I'm sure that Riettarose knows that Public Mobile doesn't work in Italy. it's just that someone else will come along, read that, and then think that it does.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@stonechucker wrote:

Threads like this one are where and when I wish there was a thumbs down option. Seriously, the lack of true information provided by some community members is atrocious.

@Alan_K, I would love for your marketing team to get on this to improve the quality or community responses, as false information is garbage to those looking for real answers.

A little feisty tonight there stonechucker? 🙂 A couple posts were wrong. They got corrected. There is, in effect, a thumbs down...it's the lack of a Bravo.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Riettarose wrote:

International means the world, this includes Canada. Text away whether in Canada or Italy! 

lol One little two letter word. Change "in" to "to" and all would be good. But in can sorta kinda work too if one stretches ones imagination a little.

@Alan_K, I would love for your marketing team to get on this to improve the quality or community responses, as false information is garbage to those looking for real answers.

@Riettarose wrote:

Riettarose

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@kkhalil94 wrote:

In this plan, if you are in Canada, you can send unlimited text messages to any country, including Canada. (Be careful while traveling, roaming fees would apply). 

I know you want to help out but please don't post stuff that is not True.   What Roaming fees apply? 

In case you didn't know Public is a Pay Before Prepaid Service, Which means if something is not part of your Plan or an add on you have purchased it simply just doesn't work. There are no Pay per use charges, overage charges, data charges, Roaming Charges or any kind of charges with Public Mobile. None whatsoever. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@geopublic wrote:

@kkhalil94 wrote:

In this plan, if you are in Canada, you can send unlimited text messages to any country, including Canada. (Be careful while traveling, roaming fees would apply). 

@kkhalil94  Incorrect, Public  Mobile does not charge any roaming or any other type of fees of any kind. Public is strictly a prepaid service.

@geopublic this is sligtly incorrect/misleading. PM does not have service outside of Canada and USA. Your phone simply will not work. Thus there can't be any charges.

If you want service sending sms and calling or data  you have to  buy one of the USA roaming addons..

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@daredogg wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@Braziller wrote:

On the 25$ talk and text plan.  It says unlimited talk CANADA. That’s clear.  The text is unlimited international.  Does that mean text in Canada is not included?

@Braziller  It means that you can send and receive texts anywhere in the world including Canada while you are in Canada.

The only catch... when you send someone an international text, they'll receive it, but they won't be able to text back unless they also have international texting. That's why a lot of people use a program like WhatsApp, WeChat, etc... then it doesn't matter.

But as @Braziller already answered, yes you can text to Canadian numbers.

For free programs/apps to text/communicate, I use Signal Private Messenger - it's more secure and uses less data than then wechat and whatapp, wechat is owed by China comapany and whatapp owned by facebook,  and clearly China and facebook cannot be trusted to respect peoples rights/privacy.

@kkhalil94 wrote:

@kkhalil94  Incorrect, Public  Mobile does not charge any roaming or any other type of fees of any kind. Public is strictly a prepaid service.

kkhalil94
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@geopublic wrote:

@Braziller wrote:

@Braziller  It means that you can send and receive texts anywhere in the world including Canada while you are in Canada.

The only catch... when you send someone an international text, they'll receive it, but they won't be able to text back unless they also have international texting. That's why a lot of people use a program like WhatsApp, WeChat, etc... then it doesn't matter.

But as @Braziller already answered, yes you can text to Canadian numbers.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Braziller wrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.