cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

25$ pre paid plan

Mlissatootoo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have been auto paying since dec 2018 , 25$ plan, but I have never recieved any data and I do not know my so called 4 digit pin! ive tried everything and I cant get through. Today I just noticed that my plan is supposed to come with 500mb of data but Ive never had any data ever! if i choose to switch to another provider can i keep my number?  im so fed up with the no phone customer service. 

thanks 

5 REPLIES 5

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Mlissatootoo Regardless you change your carrier or not, you need to understand your need on cellphone usage. Of course you can port your current to other carrier, but you must be doing it before your next cycle. 

@Mlissatootoo wrote:

I have been auto paying since dec 2018 , 25$ plan, but I have never recieved any data and I do not know my so called 4 digit pin! ive tried everything and I cant get through. Today I just noticed that my plan is supposed to come with 500mb of data but Ive never had any data ever! if i choose to switch to another provider can i keep my number?  im so fed up with the no phone customer service. 

thanks 

You were not shortchanged any features that you should have had.  The plan that you have and the plan that you are looking at are 2 different plans.  The $25 plan that included 500MB of data, calls, and text messages did not exist when you signed up.  If you want this plan, you have to switch to it, and it's currently available to all new and existing customers.  If you keep Autopay enabled, you'll also be eligible for a $2 discount and an additional 500MB of data.  I would be sure to set the plan change to occur at renewal time, or you will be losing up to $25 that you paid for the old plan (your current plan).

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Mlissatootoo wrote:

thanks 

You set up your PIN when you set up your account. If you have forgetten it, you can get the mods to help you reset it. It takes a few days for them to get back to you. You don't need your PIN to change your plan through the website.

No your plan didn't include data. The old $25 plan only had Canada-wide calling and text. Your plan is discontinued and being grandfathered to you. The new plan does have data for the same price. It's not Public Mobile's fault that you didn't pay attention to the new plans that became available. They advertise their plans when they launch the new ones and they make it very easy to switch it yourself. I'd be interested to see which of the prepaids (or even postpaids) will automatically switch you to new plans without your permission just because they launched something new.

If you are stilling planning to switch away because you forgot your PIN and because you didn't bother to check the PM site periodically to see if any of the new competitive plans were of interest to you, then I am happy to help you with that. Just make sure your PM account is still active, find the provider that you wish to switch to and inform them that you wish to port your number. They will get some details from you and your PM account will automatically close once your number is ported. You may wish to write your new PIN down someplace safe so you don't forget it this time to save your self the hassle of switching providers again. 

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

@Mlissatootoo wrote:

thanks 

If new features are introduced to a plan or data amounts increased for the same amount, you have to go into your self serve account and initiate a future dated plan change. (in this case the original plan was $25 for unlimited provincial calling and unlimited international texts, then, mid March 2019 the improved $25 plan with Canada wide calling and 500MB+500MB auto-pay bonus was introduced. https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Get-500-MB-500-MB-AutoPay-bonus-at-3G-s...

It's up to you to keep up-to-date with announcements in this community to make sure that you don't miss out on improved offers.

As for porting to another provider: Make sure that your Public Mobile account is active (as in you can call, text, use data) when your new provider submits the port request for you. Once the port-out is successful you can no longer access your self serve account, so make sure to delete your credit card information, do print-outs of your usage history etc before requesting the port.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Changing the plan will not affect the phone number.  If you are happy with the current plan, why not get the moderator team to look into why your data is not working.  You should also check the APN on your phone to make sure it's correct. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-Activate/ta-p/251824

Need Help? Let's chat.