cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Re: $25 plan | April 1st, 2021

The sooner you get in at the $25 price point, the better. You will be grandfathered at the $25 price once you sign up.

And yes, you're correct about the difference between the add-on for long distance and the roaming.

@CanadianPerson0 wrote:

So:

add-on for calling outside of Canada while in Canada

and

Roaming (calling someone while outside Canada)?

Yes, but as stated earlir, long distance calling is only avaialble to certain countries.  Also, roaming is only offered in the U.S. 

CanadianPerson0
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Ok, and I haven't looked at the add-ons, I heard they carryover, is that "forever"? Or just one month to the next?

Like, if I spend $5 on 500minutes I'd get those 500minutes until I've used every last one of them?

It wouldn't matter if I bought the 500 minutes in April 2021 and only used like 50? I'd still have 450 remaining until I've used all 450?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

The add-ons remain on your account until they are consumed.

The only exception is the roaming add-ons while in the US. They only last for 10 days once purchased. 

CanadianPerson0

> You will be grandfathered at the $25 price once you sign up.

Does that mean if I signup before the deal ends I'd get $25/month until I stopped "subcribing" to PUBLIC mobile?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

You will be grandfathered at the $25 price point unless Public Mobile makes change to their plan pricing.

I can't imagine they will necessarily do that in the next while given the recent plan changes - and if they do they're required to give at least 30 days notice of such plan changes.

CanadianPerson0

What does grandfathered mean?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@CanadianPerson0 wrote:

What does grandfathered mean?

You've got a lot of questions - that's good.

Grandfathered essentially means exempt from change.  In the "mobile" world, it means you retain your existing plan for the price point you're getting that plan at.   New people getting into the same plan would be subject to the higher price point.

CanadianPerson0

Ok, so assuming my SIM arrives before the deal goes away I'd be good at $25/month "forever" unless they change it, which they'd have to give a 30 day notice.
Yeah, lots of questions haha. I want to know what I'm getting/not getting. 🙂

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@CanadianPerson0 wrote:

Ok, so assuming my SIM arrives before the deal goes away I'd be good at $25/month "forever" unless they change it, which they'd have to give a 30 day notice.
Yeah, lots of questions haha. I want to know what I'm getting/not getting. 🙂

That's OK - good to know what you're getting into.

Yup, that's about it. 

Here's the good thing, you're not locked into anything - it's prepaid so you can leave anytime if another provider has something better.

If you need a Public Mobile SIM card earlier, you can also pick one up at a local mobile dealer who sells mobile services/supplies.

Check out this store locator for locations which may sell them:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/store-locator

Need Help? Let's chat.