cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CanadianPerson0
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

$25 plan | April 1st, 2021

It's $25 and says you get 500MB (3G. 500MB more if you use autopay) and Unlimited Canada-wide minutes, Int’l Text & Picture Messaging.

So I can only call people in Canada? Also, on Android or iOS you can send and recieve internationl texts and images? Or only send?

Accepted Solutions
HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Re: $25 plan | April 1st, 2021

@CanadianPerson0 wrote:

Ok, so just as a last "hurrah" of questions/summary/clarification.

With the current $25 Canada-wide plan (normally $30):

• I'd be able to make an unlimited amount of calls to others in Canada, and recieve an unlimited amount of calls from others in Canada.
  • I'd get 500MB of 3G (+500 if I turn on autopay)
  • It's a month to month, so there's no long-term contract
  • No cancellation fee
  • Unlimited text (SMS) and MMS (images and video) to "anywhere" in the world (probably doesn't support North Korea or anything like that. But nobody needs that)
  • The $25 is honoured "forever" assuming I get into the $25 plan before the deal goes away
  • If I travel to the US I'd need any of the roaming add-ons
  • If I'm trying to make calls to people to outside Canada I'd need applicable add-ons
  • I can recieve an unlimited number of calls from people outside Canada

One new question, let's say in 3 months they offered a '$25 2GB deal' or something, I could just cancel and get that new offer?

Very close, @CanadianPerson0 

It's 30 days to 30 days.   Not quite month to month, but basically the same.

YES, you can also change plans as often as you like (NOT cancel, just Change Plan option under your self-serve account).   You just need to make sure you're changing the plan on the next scheduled renewal as if you change mid-cycle, you "lose out" on what's remaining from the current cycle.

View solution in original post

All Replies
HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @CanadianPerson0 

Unlimited Canada-wide calling.  You can call or get calls to anyone else within Canada from anywhere else within Canada.

Unlimited international texting, including SMS or MMS, both send and receive, to anyone in the world.

softech
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Yes, Unlimited Canada calling means can you call anyone within Canada for free.

It is going to change to Provincial calling soon...

@CanadianPerson0 wrote:

It's $25 and says you get 500MB (3G. 500MB more if you use autopay) and Unlimited Canada-wide minutes, Int’l Text & Picture Messaging.

So I can only call people in Canada? Also, on Android or iOS you can send and recieve internationl texts and images? Or only send?

Unless purchasing a long distance add-on, only Canadian and toll free numbers accessible from Canada can be called on this plan.

Yes, you can receive incoming SMS and MMS sent to you from anywhere while you're in Canada.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@CanadianPerson0 wrote:

@CanadianPerson0    You get another bonus of 500MB with autopay for total of 1GB at 3G speeds.  Texts/MMS can be sent and received internationally.   Yes all calling out is within Canada but calls from anywhere in the world can be received.  You'll need an international calling add-on to makes calls outside of Canada for the limited number of countries on the add-on list.

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@softech wrote:

Yes, Unlimited Canada calling means can you call anyone within Canada for free.

It is going to change to Provincial calling soon...

Just to be clear @CanadianPerson0  the  $25 "on sale" plan will NOT change to Provincial Wide. If you buy now...it will remain Canada Wide...but when the sale is over the $25 plan will be Provincial and your $25 plan will then cost $30. 

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541 wrote:

@CanadianPerson0 wrote:

Unless purchasing a long distance add-on, only Canadian and toll free numbers accessible from Canada can be called on this plan.

Yes, you can receive incoming SMS and MMS sent to you from anywhere while you're in Canada.

And you can receive calls from any country. @computergeek541  are you saying we can call USA toll free numbers?? (if the toll free number is callable from Canada as some toll free numbers are only callable from within or specified or specified countries). 

@LurganIeUk wrote:

@computergeek541  are you saying we can call USA toll free numbers?? (if the toll free number is callable from Canada as some toll free numbers are only callable from within or specified or specified countries). 

Yes, I am, as long as the number accepts calls from Canadian phone numbers. 

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

That's another one for the list of free calling for the $15 plan. 

Toll Free Canada

Toll Free Worldwide "if" the number is set up to accept calls from Canada. 

CanadianPerson0
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So wait, if I phone somebody anywhere in Canada it's covered with this plan, but I can't call those outside Canada? But lets say Person A calls me from United States, or Europe or something, would that be covered? Or would I have to pay extra?

Need Help? Let's chat.