cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$25 per 90 days. 0 data, 0 minutes, 0 text.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

There is the option for no data, no minutes, no text. $25 per 90 days. How does this work? Will it keep my account active, open, in good standing while holding my referral bonus, gaining loyalty and hold my phone number and keep my already purchased add-ons in the account?

The reason I ask is I may be traveling out of country for an unknown amount of time. After auto pay its only $6.33 per 30 days. I know I can do the $10 plan then let it expire then renew before the 90 days but I may not have internet access to reactivate and do not want to lose my number that I have had for 20 years plus my voicemail message can tell everyone "I am out of the country for an unknown amount of time, e-mail me at XXX@XXX.COM and I will get back to you a soon as I can"

25 plan.png

9 REPLIES 9

@will13am wrote:

@RobertQc wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@RobertQc, I don't think these no feature plans work.  What you are seeing on the plan builder is an artefact of how the plans are costed.  There is a based cost for just having a plan of 30 or 90 day duration.  You see that showing up as soon as a duration is selected.  In order for the plan to be valid, you need to select at least a feature.  That said, what is wrong with a $10 plan.  If you use the 90 day suspension option wisely, you are looking at $10 for up to 210 days worth of hold time for a phone number. 

Ah okay thanks. You are right btw I just tried to "future date" it and it won't let me do it. It is unlikely I will have Internet access let alone electricity to make use of the suspension option wisely but you are right this would normally be the best option.

The only option then is going to be to switch to the $10 plan and leave a large enough sum of money in the account to automatically renew itself until I return. After rewards its cost is very low to keep open.

Robert, you can't get a trustworthy friend to do a $10 top up every 90 days?

I have my flame suit on, so I am going to suggest this other option.  Try moving your service to 7-11 speakout.  Their accounts have a 365 day expiry. 

This is a good idea but I don't like to rely on people. Last time I did I came home to a house filled with dead plants, a large bill from the city bylaw office for having my grass cut by the city as it was too long and a pile of letters returned to senders due to having a overflowing post box. I want to be as self sufficient as possible and have to think of the what if's. What if they go to jail, or die, or forget, or have reasons to become less trustworthy, etc.

#PublicMobile4Lyfe! I thank you very much for giving options but if this happens I will just stick to the $10 plan, its pretty much free with the rewards and with enough available funds there won't be any possible issues to worry about.

@will13am wrote:

I have my flame suit on, so I am going to suggest this other option.  Try moving your service to 7-11 speakout.  Their accounts have a 365 day expiry. 

SpeakOut: SIM card $10, minimum top-up $25, minus 12 * $1.25 "911" fee. So $35 to "park" your number for a full year, with $10 available for calls and texts if needed throughout the year.

PM: 3 or 4x$10 for a year (depending on the timing, access to 50min/50texts while the $10 plan is active.

Plus PM: No new SIM, better value if you are not going away for a full year

Minus PM: Remember re-activation before the 90days of suspension are up (and have a system in place if you don't have internet access on your travels)

Plus SpeakOut: Top-up once a year and forget it

Minus SpeakOut: High per minute / text cost if used, "911 fee"

@RobertQc wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@RobertQc, I don't think these no feature plans work.  What you are seeing on the plan builder is an artefact of how the plans are costed.  There is a based cost for just having a plan of 30 or 90 day duration.  You see that showing up as soon as a duration is selected.  In order for the plan to be valid, you need to select at least a feature.  That said, what is wrong with a $10 plan.  If you use the 90 day suspension option wisely, you are looking at $10 for up to 210 days worth of hold time for a phone number. 

Ah okay thanks. You are right btw I just tried to "future date" it and it won't let me do it. It is unlikely I will have Internet access let alone electricity to make use of the suspension option wisely but you are right this would normally be the best option.

The only option then is going to be to switch to the $10 plan and leave a large enough sum of money in the account to automatically renew itself until I return. After rewards its cost is very low to keep open.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@RobertQc The only way to manage long term, indefinite, absences: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Extended-Absence/m-p/142735#M...

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@will13am wrote:

@popping wrote:

@RobertQc

Interesting plan.  If you don't have minutes, will the voicemail work?

It doesn't work stand-alone and only becomes a plan once you add at least one of the three features (talk, text and/or data).

Voice mail will only be available with a selected talk feature as part of the plan.

Also: you need a talk feature on your plan to make a LD add-on work.

@popping wrote:

@RobertQc

Voice mail is part of the calling feature.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@RobertQc

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@RobertQc, I don't think these no feature plans work.  What you are seeing on the plan builder is an artefact of how the plans are costed.  There is a based cost for just having a plan of 30 or 90 day duration.  You see that showing up as soon as a duration is selected.  In order for the plan to be valid, you need to select at least a feature.  That said, what is wrong with a $10 plan.  If you use the 90 day suspension option wisely, you are looking at $10 for up to 210 days worth of hold time for a phone number.  Consider having someone trustworthy to do account administration for you and do a renewal from time to time. 

BTW, the community is going to miss you while you are gone.

Need Help? Let's chat.