cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$25 Plan not available to switch to

jonathoncollins
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Looking to drop from a $40 plan to the $25 unlimited text+talk +500mb data (+500 with autoplay).. but it doesn't show up on the list of opportunities.  

27 REPLIES 27

selva1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I like the $15 plan. Good value for money.

@mgouin wrote:

Do you have any recommendation for a similar plan, but not with a higher price?  My wife was interested in joining too.  Are the custom made plans worth it?

EDIT: less data would be ok, and not unlimitted talk would be also ok.

There are simiilar plans available, but only for higher price.  She could get a plan identical to yours but with only 500MB and it will costs more at $30.

The only plan at Public Mobile that I can think of with data is the $13 Autopay plan that includes 100 minutes, unlimted incoming calls, unlimtied text messaging, and 250MB of 3g-speed data.

@mgouin wrote:

Do you have any recommendation for a similar plan, but not with a higher price?  My wife was interested in joining too.  Are the custom made plans worth it?

Prices range from $10 all the way up to $50 and more. There's a current plan right now at $15 for a 30 day period that looks like it might work for you...have a look at the menu yourselves.

Here is a link to the different plans.  You can also build your own plan.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans

@mgouin wrote:

All depends on her cell service requirements...does she need alot of data or none at all ? Does she text (that's a stupid question, eh). Does she call across Canada and US or just within province. There are many options and you guys can look through the menu to find something that fits your lifestyle.

Good luck.

mgouin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@mgouin wrote:

@cavemantoronto , @hairbag1  Yes, I was able to activate this plan.  So I'll stick to it. 

Thanks for the clarifications!

Glad to hear it worked out for you..it's a good deal fer shur.. Welcome to Public Mobile.

mgouin

@cavemantoronto , @hairbag1  Yes, I was able to activate this plan.  So I'll stick to it. 

Thanks for the clarifications!

@mgouin wrote:

That is too bad.  I recently made the switch to PM especially for this plan.  I hope I can still use this plan if it goes away.  Or can anyone that has been with PM for a longer time witnessed a plan going away and being forced to change/upgrade plan?

Thanks!

Since you say you switched to Public Mobile just for this plan, I assume you got it or you would have stayed at the old company.  Plan is yours as long as you don't change it.  Public Mobile could change it in the future, but they have not said that they are going to.  Any company could raise prices.

@mgouin wrote:

That is too bad.  I recently made the switch to PM especially for this plan.  I hope I can still use this plan if it goes away.  Or can anyone that has been with PM for a longer time witnessed a plan going away and being forced to change/upgrade plan?

Thanks!

Are you saying you currently have that plan ? If you have it, you keep it as long as your plan stays current.

If not, that plan no longer available. You can look at the menu to find a plan that will work for you. If that $25 plan ever comes back as a promo, you'll be able to take advantage of it then. Keep your eyes on the Announcements as promos pop-up every now and then.

Good luck and welcome to Public Mobile.

mgouin

Thanks!

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@lheintzman wrote:

Back in the day, I ran an online news magazine for a while and set up a parallel sandbox site for testing heads, layouts, etc. - - before going live. Came in handy for avoiding stuff like, yaknow, lawsuits and other annoyances. Guess everybody has their own style. 

@lheintzman yes, it's almost inconceivable that PM wouldn't have proper change management processes in place and utilize a staging/pre-prod environment for that type of work, yet, over the years the evidence has been plentiful that they are really, really bad at this.  It's pretty sad actually.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

lheintzman

@srlawren

Did not know that. Thanks for the info. 

Back in the day, I ran an online news magazine for a while and set up a parallel sandbox site for testing heads, layouts, etc. - - before going live. Came in handy for avoiding stuff like, yaknow, lawsuits and other annoyances. Guess everybody has their own style. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@lheintzman wrote:

@selva1 wrote:

Yes, I do see previous plan of $25 is now $30. By the way, other providers are still offering similar $25 plan.

Maybe it depends on location but in Ontario the $25/500+500mb plan s still available as of 10:43 am EDT.  Presumably the offer will disappear sometime today. But  future dating the change should lock it in

@lheintzman FYI Public Mobile plans are not province-specific, all are available to anyone in the country.  What people are noticing is Public Mobile staff getting ready for the planned plan changes that happen tonight.  Unfortuantely they often do this type of thing, briefly making things "live" before they should be and then (relatively)quickly reversing those changes, sometimes repeating a few times.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

lheintzman

@selva1 wrote:

Yes, I do see previous plan of $25 is now $30. By the way, other providers are still offering similar $25 plan.

Maybe it depends on location but in Ontario the $25/500+500mb plan s still available as of 10:43 am EDT.  Presumably the offer will disappear sometime today. But  future dating the change should lock it in

selva1

Anonymous
Not applicable

@joedf wrote:

ohh lala! i missed that ahaha, thats so soon! thanks for the links.

I'm helping a friend transfer over, I hope we'll make it in time 😛

@joedf 

Generally, if someone has posted incorrect information then someone else would be by to correct it. There is almost always somebody else that comes by. That post stayed un-opposed for a couple hours. One could conclude then that it's probably right. Unless it's the dead of night in all time zones.

fyi

joedf

ohh lala! i missed that ahaha, thats so soon! thanks for the links.

I'm helping a friend transfer over, I hope we'll make it in time 😛

Anonymous
Not applicable

@joedf wrote:

@LawfulEvil wrote:

The $25 plan will be phased out by April 22nd according to other posts.

If you have switched over to that plan before that date, you should be locked into that $25 plan until you decide to switch in the future. You will lose it permanently once you switch to another plan. 

Could I see some evidence for this? Not doubting you, but I am very curious myself...

Which part?

The first sentence = true.

The second and third sentences = true.

joedf

@LawfulEvil wrote:

If you have switched over to that plan before that date, you should be locked into that $25 plan until you decide to switch in the future. You will lose it permanently once you switch to another plan. 

Could I see some evidence for this? Not doubting you, but I am very curious myself...

selva1

That is sad.

LawfulEvil
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

joedf

Is it possible that the plan goes away despite my future date setting? The plan says special offer, I’m not sure if it mean as it will expire... what happens if the plan disappears before May 10th (billing period ends) for the automatic switch over?
thanks, Joe.

joedf
Is it possible that the plan goes away despite my future date setting? The plan says special offer, I’m not sure if it mean as it will expire... what happens if the plan disappears before May 10th (billing period ends) for the automatic switch over?
thanks, Joe.

Dylan3
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

You should speak to a moderator to help you if you cant find that option after trying a few times

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

@jonathoncollins wrote:

Looking to drop from a $40 plan to the $25 unlimited text+talk +500mb data (+500 with autoplay).. but it doesn't show up on the list of opportunities.  

The visiual to @computergeek541 's post - which contains everything relevant.

Screenshot_2019-04-09-Public-Mobile---ChangePlanLandingPage.jpg

@jonathoncollins wrote:

When you log into your self-serve account, that plan is there as one of the featured ready-made plans. Once in your account, click on the Plans & Add-Ons tab near the top, and then click where it says change plan next to your current plan details.  At least in my account, it's the second plan offered and says "Special Offer! $25 for 500 MB + 500 MB AutoPay Bonus ".

Remeber to future-date your plan change or you will lose anything you've paid for your current plan.

If the plan isn't there after checking again, you'll need to ask Moderator_Team to make the change for you.

Need Help? Let's chat.