cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$25-$30 plans with 1.5GB & 2.5GB data???

TMS
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Some people can't afford more. Ideally the $25 plan with 1.5GB would be great! 

24 REPLIES 24

TMS

@TMS wrote:

I realise they're the same company. 🙂

Also, Koodo is odderiof $120 bill credit!

Edit: does PM ever match?

They won't match Koodo and this is a targeted promo I believe.  Have you verified that you are one of the targeted customers eligible for this? 

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

TMS

I realise they're the same company. 🙂

Also, Koodo is odderiof $120 bill credit!

Edit: does PM ever match?

TMS

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@TMS wrote:

@stonechucker wrote:

So you've already got a great little setup.  I have a wifi device setup the same way.  Take the service here at Public Mobile for what it is, not what you want to make it.

I was off 500 MB .Koodo just released a 1GB, unlimited calls and text for $25 to sway PM customers.

It's PMs move .;)

PM won't match, they are the same company and this is to get people to switch to Koodo.  Plus this plan requires a small tab so I bet you are going to be paying over $40 a month with this offer.

It's a start though! 😉

@TMS wrote:

@stonechucker wrote:

So you've already got a great little setup.  I have a wifi device setup the same way.  Take the service here at Public Mobile for what it is, not what you want to make it.

I was off 500 MB .Koodo just released a 1GB, unlimited calls and text for $25 to sway PM customers.

It's PMs move .;)

PM won't match, they are the same company and this is to get people to switch to Koodo.  Plus this plan requires a small tab so I bet you are going to be paying over $40 a month with this offer.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

TMS

@stonechucker wrote:

I was off 500 MB .Koodo just released a 1GB, unlimited calls and text for $25 to sway PM customers. It isn't offered to everyone, but it's a start!

It's PMs move .;)

TMS

@Orz wrote:

Sure the cellphone carriers all see demand for <$30 plans with ~2GB data but one has to consider the chain reaction. Once these plans become available the current voice only or txt only plan will have to drop price by $5 or $10. Also no one will again pay $30/GB data add-on. And likely a lot of users now paying >$40 data plans will switch to the cheaper ones. To keep these customers the whole pricing structure will have to change accordingly.

The revenue gain likely is not enough to cover the revenue loss. We will see this happen only when a new competitor enters the market. 

Maybe Black Friday, back to school or Boxing Day will be kind??

isn't Freedom offering a budget plan with data for $15-$20? Hopefully the competition picks up and we see the data increase across the board per plan. 

TMS

Thanks for the kind reply. Bravo’d! 🙂

i am am sitting on the $10 plan waiting to give PM more $$ when they (hopefully) offer a less expensive plan.  🙂

I also have a Fido data plan with voip.ms which is $15 for 3GB. This is my main driver and use the PM $10 plan for my home phone. I just thought if PM offered a plan for $25 that I could rid myself of the Fido account and, in essence, give PM more money. 

Cheers. 

@will13am wrote:

@stonechucker wrote:

Not sure why you're looking for 1.5 or 2.5 GB, as generally, these are data packs that are not offered anywhere.

At this point in time, Public Mobile is still the best option for plans without zone coverage, unlimited talk packages, international texting (including Canada and the US, from Canada), and data amounts.  All data options are 4G/LTE plans, the lower speed option being the lower price point at each level.

I came here 2 years ago when I was being hosed by the 4th major vendor, and 3 years after I was with Rogers.  I'm still paying less for my options here and getting more than I had with either of the previous carriers.

I truly don't think you'll find a better option from the carriers unless you take a data only option and use some kind of VoIP service for your talk, and possibly for your SMS.  But in these cases, you'll need to be somewhat tech-savvy, or have a friend who is.

@stonechucker, why not look for plans in the 1.5 to 2.5GB range when that is a customer's expected usage.  Anyway, it all comes down to ARPU.  No carrier brand wants to bother with customers that are looking to pay $25 a month.  The minimum right now appears to be $40 below which it's too dilutive to the ARPU. 

Look at freedom mobile and their plans.  They are targeting $50-60 per month with the big gig schtick.  Why anyone would pay them that kind of money is beyond me.  

Orz
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Sure the cellphone carriers all see demand for <$30 plans with ~2GB data but one has to consider the chain reaction. Once these plans become available the current voice only or txt only plan will have to drop price by $5 or $10. Also no one will again pay $30/GB data add-on. And likely a lot of users now paying >$40 data plans will switch to the cheaper ones. To keep these customers the whole pricing structure will have to change accordingly.

The revenue gain likely is not enough to cover the revenue loss. We will see this happen only when a new competitor enters the market. 

@stonechucker wrote:

Not sure why you're looking for 1.5 or 2.5 GB, as generally, these are data packs that are not offered anywhere.

At this point in time, Public Mobile is still the best option for plans without zone coverage, unlimited talk packages, international texting (including Canada and the US, from Canada), and data amounts.  All data options are 4G/LTE plans, the lower speed option being the lower price point at each level.

I came here 2 years ago when I was being hosed by the 4th major vendor, and 3 years after I was with Rogers.  I'm still paying less for my options here and getting more than I had with either of the previous carriers.

I truly don't think you'll find a better option from the carriers unless you take a data only option and use some kind of VoIP service for your talk, and possibly for your SMS.  But in these cases, you'll need to be somewhat tech-savvy, or have a friend who is.

@stonechucker, why not look for plans in the 1.5 to 2.5GB range when that is a customer's expected usage.  Anyway, it all comes down to ARPU.  No carrier brand wants to bother with customers that are looking to pay $25 a month.  The minimum right now appears to be $40 below which it's too dilutive to the ARPU. 

Look at freedom mobile and their plans.  They are targeting $50-60 per month with the big gig schtick.  Why anyone would pay them that kind of money is beyond me.  

TMS

@TMS wrote:

@stonechucker wrote:

cruel! lol       Has PM offered a less expensive featured plan?

...i am a month new customer.

TMS

TMS

TMS

@stonechucker wrote:

@TMS, so why don't you start lobbying your MP and get the Government involved to help regulate pricing, and allow MVNOs to operate on the larger networks?

There's a ton of companies that can provide a small fee service with larger choice of packages, but they're not allowed to operate here, because the Big 3 have the Government in their wallet.

Or ask PM to offer a featured plan for 25 bucks would make more sense!

@TMS, so why don't you start lobbying your MP and get the Government involved to help regulate pricing, and allow MVNOs to operate on the larger networks?

There's a ton of companies that can provide a small fee service with larger choice of packages, but they're not allowed to operate here, because the Big 3 have the Government in their wallet.

TMS

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@TMS wrote:

Featured plans presently are 4.5 & 5.5GB

Yes they are for $40 and $45 dollars

i am aware

TMS

FIDO $15 for 3GB data plan. Use phone & an app like FONGO

@TMS wrote:

Yes they are for $40 and $45 dollars

TMS

@TMS wrote:

@stonechucker wrote:

...as to why I ask: when will see 1.5GB, 2.5GB, etc

TMS

@stonechucker wrote:

TMS

@stonechucker wrote:

Canada is being "hosed" in regards to plans.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

@TMS wrote:

Some people can't afford more. Ideally the $25 plan with 1.5GB would be great! 

Good luck finding that as a regular priced plan with a (nationwide / without zone restrictions) Canadian carrier.

Having said that, there are lower cost data only plans offered by competitors if you just need the data / want to go data & voip.

Need Help? Let's chat.