Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Oracle

Re: 24 hour delay to repurchase same Us Roaming add on

@z10user4 wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

@z10user4   I am not disagreeing, It was mentioned that a mod said it was 24 hours   If there is a link to that post or even the the observation posts.

I would like to mention the discrepincy to  the powers higher up and see if they can create a more consistant messaging.  

Well...when I read posts saying the mods declared something, I tend to have a salt shaker around. Not at the poster...the declaration. I would give MUCH more weight to declarations made by Alan_K or now Tiana_V.

I also put weight on observed behaviours and not just those declarations.

Edit: @will13am : we all know things around here are held together with baling twine and gum but the bug appears to be fixed. I don't personally care how they got there.

I don't want to pick nits here.  I will agree that the symptoms of the SMS bug has been addressed.  The construction materials are toothpicks and white glue.

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@mimmo I found a post that mentioned the 24 hour period . Will look for others. https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/US-Roaming-Addon/m-p/496961

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@gblackma  Here was about to thank you for saving me a lot of time.....alas it is not the one in question only me reiterating what I read. I will go dig.....

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious wrote:

@gblackma  Here was about to thank you for saving me a lot of time.....alas it is not the one in question only me reiterating what I read. I will go dig.....

I'm heading out....dig in my history back to Jan 27 or thereabouts. I've posted in several threads to do with this topic. I know what you mean by one of the posts. (not from me)

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@mimmo   Sorry I'm bad at the linking for expediency I just copied from @chad2001 

Re: US add-on renewal timing

@darlicious  I’m testing this myself.  So...The add-on was purchased at 11:54 AM on Jan 19.  Most of us had thought that it would expire at 11:59 PM on Jan 28.  Carlos, a Moderator said it would expire at 11:54 AM on Jan 29.  So far as of 8:00 AM this morning, I can confirm the service is still on.  

504F3FC3-1608-47C3-8038-ED6E0F91F284.jpeg

Regarding the PM “official” document link @Luddite attached, I find it not very clear either.  At the top it says expiration at midnight  “10 days later”, which to me, in my case would mean at 11:59 PM on Jan 29th (as “one day later” would be Jan 20th).  But then right below in the same article, it states the purchase date as day One, expiration at midnight on day Ten.

Anyway, now I’m waiting to confirm whether it expires 10 days later from time of purchase, or 10 days later at 11:59 pm regardless of time of purchase.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@mimmo  You can read later in the thread confirming the moderators statement. @z10user4  is correct to look in his posts for the more recent confirmation on timing for a repurchase by another member in the last week or so....

Highlighted
Oracle

@darlicious , @gblackma , @z10user4    thanks for the updates, much appreciated.   and yes yes user observations often count much more here than official policy statements.

I have  mentioned this thread to Alan and Tiana, hopefully we see some updates to the get help documentation.

Highlighted
Public Mobile

@mimmo wrote:

@darlicious , @gblackma , @z10user4    thanks for the updates, much appreciated.   and yes yes user observations often count much more here than official policy statements.

I have  mentioned this thread to Alan and Tiana, hopefully we see some updates to the get help documentation.

Hi all, 

I can confirm the US Roaming countdown starts counting as 10 x 24 hours (240 hours) - it does not wait until Day 10 11:59 PM. Credit to @darlicious for the detailed solution piece.

I will coordinate with the team to update the help article promptly. Thanks for flagging this!

Alan

Highlighted
Oracle

@Alan_K  when is one able to repurchase the same add-on? Is it still 24 hours after the expirry.  If so can this be reduced/ eliminated?

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Alan_K wrote:

Hi all,

I can confirm the US Roaming countdown starts counting as 10 x 24 hours (240 hours) - it does not wait until Day 10 11:59 PM. Credit to @darlicious for the detailed solution piece.

I will coordinate with the team to update the help article promptly. Thanks for flagging this!

Alan

Thanks @Alan_K .

So now what about the re-buy delay? Are we to go on observations or do you have anything official to offer? Like what the software code has?

@mimmo : we know it's sometime between an hour and overnight.