cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

24 hour delay to repurchase same Us Roaming add on

I have read the the US roaming add ons work on the 24 hour clock. If you purchase it at 11.50 PM est on the Feb 1 then it expires at 11.50 PM est on Feb 11. 

My question is can I then purchase the same add on say at 12.10 am est on Feb 12 or do I have to wait 24 hours later to buy it? Ie 11.50 pm Feb 12.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: 24 hour delay to repurchase same Us Roaming add on

@mimmo   Sorry I'm bad at the linking for expediency I just copied from @chad2001 

Re: US add-on renewal timing

@darlicious  I’m testing this myself.  So...The add-on was purchased at 11:54 AM on Jan 19.  Most of us had thought that it would expire at 11:59 PM on Jan 28.  Carlos, a Moderator said it would expire at 11:54 AM on Jan 29.  So far as of 8:00 AM this morning, I can confirm the service is still on.  

504F3FC3-1608-47C3-8038-ED6E0F91F284.jpeg

Regarding the PM “official” document link @Luddite attached, I find it not very clear either.  At the top it says expiration at midnight  “10 days later”, which to me, in my case would mean at 11:59 PM on Jan 29th (as “one day later” would be Jan 20th).  But then right below in the same article, it states the purchase date as day One, expiration at midnight on day Ten.

Anyway, now I’m waiting to confirm whether it expires 10 days later from time of purchase, or 10 days later at 11:59 pm regardless of time of purchase.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@gblackma  Although we have narrowed down the purchase timing on a 24 hour clock that was confirmed by a moderator. Testing on the exact time for a repurchase can only be confirmed so far as sometime after midnight et and 12 hours after an evening expiry. It is suspected that after midnight on the day after expiry is the when the add on will reappear in your account available for purchase it's only been confirmed to have been available at 10 am et 12 hours after expiry. Unless word comes from pm it cannot be confirmed until a member checks their account after midnight after their roaming add on has expired. Expires 9pm et on the 1st...one needs to check at 12:01 am et on the 2nd to confirm if it's in their account available for purchase.

Highlighted
Oracle

@darlicious , I believe that is the case.  By now we are all aware of the SMS bug that comes with expiration of the roaming add-on.  The ill effects of the add-on lasts a bit.  That said, these add-ons were never designed to be used back to back.  They were for short trips.  Beyond 10 days, it's more practical to shop local.  

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@gblackma wrote:

I have read the the US roaming add ons work on the 24 hour clock. If you purchase it at 11.50 PM est on the Feb 1 then it expires at 11.50 PM est on Feb 11. 

My question is can I then purchase the same add on say at 12.10 am est on Feb 12 or do I have to wait 24 hours later to buy it? Ie 11.50 pm Feb 12.

Thanks.

This is still the outstanding question that we need folks to verify.

They recently fixed the roaming texting bug. Which seems to be true. But myself and 2 others observed that the usage clock seems to have become 10 - 24 hour periods. One person waited an hour and then got the mods to re-buy. Another saw that they could re-buy the next morning. So it's so far between an hour and the next morning (not 24 hours). I suspect it's midnight ET of that expring day like your scenario.

Highlighted
Oracle

@gblackma@darlicious   I was under the impression that it did not matter when the addon was purchased that it expired at midnight.  you mentioned a thread about a 24 hour clock, can you provide a link?

thanks

edit the official roaming info states:  We offer U.S. Roaming Add-Ons with one service, or a combination. All U.S. Roaming Add-Ons will last 10 days. This 10-day period begins when you pay for the Add-On and ends 10 days later at 11:59PM ET.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/us-roaming

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@mimmo 

While you found the official statement...it's not observed that way. Maybe they haven't changed their documents or it's another undocumented feature.

A few people have observed that it's 10 - 24 hour periods.

The re-buy delay is the question.

Highlighted
Oracle

@z10user4   I am not disagreeing, It was mentioned that a mod said it was 24 hours   If there is a link to that post or even the the observation posts.

I would like to mention the discrepincy to  the powers higher up and see if they can create a more consistant messaging.  

Highlighted
Oracle

@z10user4 wrote:

@gblackma wrote:

Thanks.

This is still the outstanding question that we need folks to verify.

They recently fixed the roaming texting bug. Which seems to be true. But myself and 2 others observed that the usage clock seems to have become 10 - 24 hour periods. One person waited an hour and then got the mods to re-buy. Another saw that they could re-buy the next morning. So it's so far between an hour and the next morning (not 24 hours). I suspect it's midnight ET of that expring day like your scenario.

The method for fixing the SMS bug was a dirty hack, not directly addressing the root cause.  If there's linkage between SMS issue and add-on purchases back to back, then problem will likely still be there.  As I said, the roaming add-ons system was not really designed for back to back purchases otherwise the people responsible for the design really should seek a different type of employment.  

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@mimmo wrote:

@z10user4   I am not disagreeing, It was mentioned that a mod said it was 24 hours   If there is a link to that post or even the the observation posts.

I would like to mention the discrepincy to  the powers higher up and see if they can create a more consistant messaging.  

Well...when I read posts saying the mods declared something, I tend to have a salt shaker around. Not at the poster...the declaration. I would give MUCH more weight to declarations made by Alan_K or now Tiana_V.

I also put weight on observed behaviours and not just those declarations.

Edit: @will13am : we all know things around here are held together with baling twine and gum but the bug appears to be fixed. I don't personally care how they got there.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@mimmo  I know I commented on the thread that included the post with the the moderator confirmation by the OP.  @Luddite corrected me..?.....was it possibly @Chad ....  something? I would have to look in my posts....it takes time I have a lot!