cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

200 minutes long distance add-on question

ckl
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hello. This may be a stupid question, but I just wanted to confirm the following:

Our current PM plan is provincial calling and our home province is BC. My wife is going to Toronto for the weekend, so would adding a long distance add-on allow her to call back to BC?

As I understand, texting to any Canadian number would still work. Data will still work.

Thanks.

17 REPLIES 17

@sawrie wrote:

Maybe it's clear on this thread but I ordered it off the addons page and only came here after the service I was expecting didn't work.

Now did you do the two step process to purchase the addons?  Is the money for the addon sitting in your available funds?  This is right from the addon section in my account the first picture is talking about US Roaming and second one shows where they appear further down in the addon page.

US1.PNGUS2.PNG

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

The headings are very clear.  You must read them to understand.  Do not assume, ask questions ahead of time if unclear.

sawrie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Maybe it's clear on this thread but I ordered it off the addons page and only came here after the service I was expecting didn't work.

ottawa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@sawrie wrote:

Public Mobile should be more clear on the addons details as to what they are providing: I feel like I just got scammed out of my money.

I'm sorry that happened to you, though the headings seem pretty clear. However while it's not great consolation, the 200min you bought for $8 will stay available on your account forever (as long as the account is live). If you have a plan with Canada-wide talk, you can use them for calling from Canada to the US, and if you have Province-wide talk you can also use them for Canada-Canada calling to another province.

=aw

sawrie

I bought 200 minutes last night and tried to use my phone in the U.S.A. and it didn't work. 

Public Mobile should be more clear on the addons details as to what they are providing: I feel like I just got scammed out of my money.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@sawrie wrote:

@sawrie it's pretty clearly described, I think you just didn't read it properly.

You could try reaching out to the moderator team to see if they can help you out.  Here's all the details you'll need:

Spoiler
How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?In your message please include:
  • PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue
Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:
  • Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount
How long until they reply?:
  • Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during office hours, in the order in which they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.
How can I view my private messages between myself and a Community Moderator?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

ottawa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@sawrie wrote:

I bought 200 minutes last night and tried to use my phone in the U.S.A. and it didn't work.

The 200min add-on lets you make calls from Canada to USA (and to other provinces in Canada, if you have a province-only plan). To make calls while in the USA, you need a 10-day USA add-on (for talk-only, that's $8 for 10 days of unlimited talk).

=aw

srlawren

@sawrie wrote:

@sawrie the 200 and 400 min long distance add-ons are for making calls from Canada to either long distance Canadian or US numbers (or in the case of the 400 min add-on, also to 18 international countries).

The add-on you need to make and receive calls while in the US is the US Roaming Talk add-on.  Unfortunately you've purchased the wrong one.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

sawrie

srlawren

Hi @anagel there is no need to remove the add-on (and in fact, I don't believe there is any way to do that).  While your plan renews every (10/30/90) days, the add-ons don't renew or recurr unless you explicitly buy another one at some point.  You pay for it once, and it stays on your account until the minutes (long distance talk add ons) or megabytes (data add ons) are used up.  You don't keep paying for the add-ons monthly.

Hopefully this makes sense but please let me know if anything is unclear.

anagel
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks so much for the clarification!  I will probably remove the addon for my renewal coming up.  Can I remove it now?  I probably still would be paying the fee til my plan renews right?

srlawren

Hi @anagel, welcome to Public Mobile and the community!  As @IWIK has said, your plan covers calls to any phone number in Canada from anywhere in Canada.  If you want to call phone numbers internationally, you'll need one of the add-ons.  I believe the $8/200 min one would only add calls to US phone numbers, where the $15/400 min one adds calls to the US and some international countries.  There is a list somewhere, but if in doubt, you could ask here in the community about the country(s) you wish to call to confirm if they are included.  Note that even with the add-on, you will only get a PM signal while in Canada--PM does not have any roaming agreements to allow you to continue to use the service while in the US or abroad.

Hopefully that clarifies, but let us know if you have additional questions!

IWIK

Long distance while you are within Canada and calling within Canada is covered by your plan

anagel
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have unlimited calls canada wide and unlimited text canada wide.  Does this plan include long distance calls or do I need to add long distance mins as an add on? 

ckl

Ok. Thanks.

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

Hi. Yes, If you have Prov-only Talk, and purchase 200 Add-On Mins, you can use outside of Home Prov, Incoming, outgoing, and vm as well. 

Need Help? Let's chat.