cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: 200 US minutes add on problem

Oh PS....I don't know the etiquette around here, should I be giving everyone Bravo's or hitting that solution button so you guys all get points or something? happy to do so if it benefits people some way Smiley Happy

Mayor / Maire

Re: 200 US minutes add on problem


@carma wrote:

Oh PS....I don't know the etiquette around here, should I be giving everyone Bravo's or hitting that solution button so you guys all get points or something? happy to do so if it benefits people some way Smiley Happy


Give bravos if it's helpful or thoughtful, and click solution if it resolved your problem...that hasn't happened yet I believe.

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: 200 US minutes add on problem

Did you purchase the correct add on ?

There are 2 different types and both are $8.

One is for 200 long distance minutes when calling from Canada to Canada/USA. 

The other $8 plan is for when you are physically in the USA and calling within the USA. 

If you need to make a call to the USA try downloading the TextMe app. It will give you free local number and gives you free calling to Canada and USA thru wifi. 

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: 200 US minutes add on problem

you can do that!  Smiley Happy


@carma wrote:

Oh PS....I don't know the etiquette around here, should I be giving everyone Bravo's or hitting that solution button so you guys all get points or something? happy to do so if it benefits people some way Smiley Happy


 

Mayor / Maire

Re: 200 US minutes add on problem


@fanfan wrote:

Did you purchase the correct add on ?

There are 2 different types and both are $8.

One is for 200 long distance minutes when calling from Canada to Canada/USA. 

The other $8 plan is for when you are physically in the USA and calling within the USA. 

If you need to make a call to the USA try downloading the TextMe app. It will give you free local number and gives you free calling to Canada and USA thru wifi. 


@fanfan  Great catch!! @carma  That would explain why it's not working.

If you have an Android phone you can use an app like Hangouts Dialer to call any NA number free of charge.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: 200 US minutes add on problem

yep,ok double checked and I purchased the 200 mins Canada/US add on, not the US long distance one. 

 

so this is super weird....I just tried calling a home depot in Iowa, and the call went thru just fine. so then I tried the 712 number I wanted to call before ( which is a typical Iowa area code, nothing unusual) and got the same recorded message I got earlier:

 

"hi. public mobile here. sorry, talk is not included in your plan"

 

dunno, but I swear this is typical of my life, aren't I special, lol. 

 

I also did the lost/stolen phone trick, and tried calling the 712 area code again, same results. but if anyone needs anything from home depot in akeney Iowa, I got that covered Smiley Wink

 

 

Mayor / Maire

Re: 200 US minutes add on problem


@carma wrote:

yep,ok double checked and I purchased the 200 mins Canada/US add on, not the US long distance one. 

 

so this is super weird....I just tried calling a home depot in Iowa, and the call went thru just fine. so then I tried the 712 number I wanted to call before ( which is a typical Iowa area code, nothing unusual) and got the same recorded message I got earlier:

 

"hi. public mobile here. sorry, talk is not included in your plan"

 

dunno, but I swear this is typical of my life, aren't I special, lol. 

 

I also did the lost/stolen phone trick, and tried calling the 712 area code again, same results. but if anyone needs anything from home depot in akeney Iowa, I got that covered Smiley Wink

 

 


@carma Are you sure you are dialing the correct number? Are you dialing the number directly or from your contacts?

Mayor / Maire

Re: 200 US minutes add on problem

 @carma 

T&C #6: Calls made to numbers starting with the following six digit combinations are not included in U.S. calling from Canada and will not be completed when dialed: 712-432, 605-562, 641-552, 605-475, 605-477, 712-775, 559-726, 530-881.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: 200 US minutes add on problem

712-432-____

 
check.
 
yep. that's the problem right there. out of curiosity, why the restrictions on those specific US numbers?
 
I'll be back later to bravo everyone, I have a frying pan fire (for real) to attend to. plus ordering out for dinner now, thank goodness it's a local call, lol
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: 200 US minutes add on problem


@carma wrote:

712-432-____

 
check.
 
yep. that's the problem right there. out of curiosity, why the restrictions on those specific US numbers?
 

I dug up this forum post from when the change to the US plans was made a few years ago. 

 

Which U.S. area codes are not supported in the U.S. Talk packages?

 

It mentions that their "agreement with our partners in the U.S. makes it extremely expensive to support calls made to these regions. In order to keep our Talk prices as they are, we had to make a difficult decision to exclude these numbers from our Talk packages."

 

You can read that post for the full explanation if you want. Smiley Happy