cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$20 data only plan not workiNg

rlsenjule
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I purchased the $20 250mb data plan 2 days ago and it has not been working. I need help with figuring out what is going on. All my settings are set for data to work

17 REPLIES 17

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@srlawren wrote:

@rlsenjule what is the brand and model of your phone?  There are a ton of things that could be the cause/resolution, but we need to know what you're working with to help.

@rlsenjule never heard back from you.  Did you get this resolved or do you still need help? 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@rlsenjule what is the brand and model of your phone?  There are a ton of things that could be the cause/resolution, but we need to know what you're working with to help.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@NDesai wrote:

@mh1983 wrote:

Amazed at the plan vs. add on confusion. I think you made it clear from the get go that it's the $20 data only plan. 🙂

I see that a mod's looking into it for you. Hope you get it resolved. Just in case, what type of device are you using?

Exactly my thought. Also no one mentioned about the APN settings earlier. 

I did refer to the applicable knowledge base article in one of my responses on page 1.  You can take a horse to water...

@NDesai wrote:

@mh1983 wrote:

Amazed at the plan vs. add on confusion. I think you made it clear from the get go that it's the $20 data only plan. 🙂

I see that a mod's looking into it for you. Hope you get it resolved. Just in case, what type of device are you using?

My thoughts esactly.  @rlsenjule, what device do you have the sim in.  There are many issues the community can help you solve without moderator assistance.  APN issues 2 sim slot phones where second slot isn't compatible with PM Network, some phone manufacturers need a network reset before working with PM.  Do you have anymore details you can provide to us?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@mh1983 wrote:

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Lamie_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello rlsenjule,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I'm sorry for the issues that you are having .

We will be more than happy to help you with resolving this.

Please make sure to check your private messages, the moderator team sent you a message to help you with the issue you are experiencing.

Best regards!

Lamie

@rlsenjule wrote:

Yes my plan is active in self serve 

In the overview tab, do you see 0/ 250 MB in the plans and add-on box?  The limited use components of a plan are shown and metered there.  Anyway, the typical issue with data not working is APN settings, enabling mobile data. 

rlsenjule

Yes my plan is active in self serve 

rlsenjule

And I’m explaining that this is not an add on. This is a ready made plan offered for $20 for Canada for 250mb data only.

An add on requires an existing plan which I didn’t have

@rlsenjule wrote:

I did not purchase an add on. This is a regular plan option

My mistake, so you purchased the $20 data only plan.  Are you able to connect to the Public Mobile network?  Take a look at the second half of this knowledge base, after activation section.  Hopefully, the troubleshooting there will work.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-Activate/ta-p/251824

Just to make sure the account setup is not the problem, please also check the overview tab in your self serve account.  The data should be showing there.  If you don't see it, then it could be an account set up issue.

Carld123

@rlsenjule wrote:

No, the regular plan option 

@rlsenjule

As mentioned...there are only 10$ and 30$ canadian data addons..

EDIT..Was typing at the same time i guess...so you have the 20 data only plan...in self serve is your plan active?

rlsenjule

I did not purchase an add on. This is a regular plan option

rlsenjule

No, the regular plan option 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@rlsenjule, I need some clarification here on what data add-on you are intending to get.  The one you referred to is a US roaming add-on.  Assuming that is what you wanted to get and are having issues, the suggested troubleshooting is to try and manually search networks to see if you can connect to the roaming partner network in the US.  When connected to the roaming partner, you need to enable roaming data.  Depending on the phone, this is found somewhere in the settings menu.  If you are looking to use this data in Canada, you bought the wrong add-on.  The Canada add-on data packs are $10 and $30 for 200 and 1GB, respectively.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

You could try the lost phone trick: login to your self-serve, report your phone lost, log out, wait 10 minutes, log back in and report it found. If it still doesn't work, turn off your phone, put it into reset mode, clear the cache, reboot. If you have a plan with another company using the same phone you may have to contact them about porting/sharing your number.

If you still can't get it to work, or you have multiple phone plans, contact a moderator here.

Carld123

@rlsenjule wrote:

I purchased the $20 250mb data plan 2 days ago and it has not been working. I need help with figuring out what is going on. All my settings are set for data to work

@rlsenjule

Is it the roaming bundle that you purchased?

Need Help? Let's chat.