cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$20 US talk text and data with $120 12gb hot deal plan

RKR
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey team, 

I've never added the US package but I will be traveling soon. Do I have to buy it at the start of the 3 month auto pay, or can I add it the day before I go traveling? 

Am I hooped if Im going to be down there for more than 2 weeks? What's my best bet here?

Thanks for your help in advance guys and gals (:

9 REPLIES 9

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mvsolakov if you've already checked your data while roaming setting to make sure it's on and have your network selection set to automatic as per @Anonymous's reply, are you 100% sure you completed both steps of the 2-step add-on purchase process?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mvsolakov, did you check your network settings?   You must have data roaming enabled.  Also,  your network selection should be set to automatic so that it can find the available network. 

mvsolakov
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

purchased us roaming on april 27th and it is nor working. no network connection

@Korthwrote:

@RKR

If you set up a credit card number before you leave then you can buy more US Roaming add-ons in the US through the same *611 or 1-855-4PUBLIC phone number used to activate them.

Another option would be to add the required funds in advance and make purchases from the US as required.

@RKR

If you set up a credit card number before you leave then you can buy more US Roaming add-ons in the US through the same *611 or 1-855-4PUBLIC phone number used to activate them.

@RKRwrote:

You guys are awesome!

So if Im mid bill I just to to ad ons there and pay and play kind of deal for 10 days. Then if I want to add another ten days immediately after I can do the same thing, unlimited amount of times while traveling???

Yes, but here is something to keep in mind: The way the system works is that you can't add the same add-on before the first one has run it's course. So, if you add, say, the 1GB roaming add-on when you leave home and you run out of data on day 8, the 1GB roaming add-on will not be available in your self serve until day 11. (I believe you could contact the moderators and they could reset it for you, though.)

Not sure how long you are going but it might also be worthwhile to check out local prepaid options?

RKR
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You guys are awesome!

So if Im mid bill I just to to ad ons there and pay and play kind of deal for 10 days. Then if I want to add another ten days immediately after I can do the same thing, unlimited amount of times while traveling???

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@RKRwrote:

Hey team, 

I've never added the US package but I will be traveling soon. Do I have to buy it at the start of the 3 month auto pay, or can I add it the day before I go traveling? 

Am I hooped if Im going to be down there for more than 2 weeks? What's my best bet here?

Thanks for your help in advance guys and gals (:

You purchaseit before you go.  Purchase date is day 1 and it is 10 Calendar days based on Eastern Time Zone and not 10-24 hour days.  It is a two step preocess to purchase it.  Your "first" purchase actually just puts money intoavailable funds.  You will then need to goin and "re-purchase" the addon.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

The US roaming add-ons activation day is day one of your 10days. So if you need it for 10 days plan accordingly (activate in the morning instead of shortly before midnight.

The how-to guide on buying add-ons: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/HOWTO-Purchasing-Add-ons/m-p/198974/hig...

Knowledge Base article on US roaming: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Learn-all-about-US-Roaming/ta-p/75772

Edit to add: You can also add the funds to your account at home and then activate the add-ons in the US by dialing 1-855-4PUBLIC

Need Help? Let's chat.