cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$20 US roaming talk/text/data bundle is not showing up for me to purchase, why?

thebeem9
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

10 days ago I was able to purchase the US Roaming $20 talk/text/data bundle, but now it's not there when I click "purchase add-ons" from my overview page.  Under the Bundles column, there's only the $15 talk/text bundle.  I've talked to a moderator, they suggested I try opening my account in a different browser, which I did, but same thing. See screen shot:

AEA692B8-7CE8-47D6-B58D-68DCDC824649.jpeg

5 REPLIES 5

@Anonymous wrote:

I think this "glitch" has been around since they started offering the roaming add-ons. They don't fix system things very quickly around here. Some go our way and others are just goofy. This one is goofy. It's pretty much baling twine and gum around here. But we came here for the rates.

That can also be said about the way incoming text messaging stops working after the return to Canada. I thought that Public Mobile said something about a fix being in progress but I don't recall anything happening since.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@thebeem9 wrote:

Thanks for the clarification @Anonymous and @darlicious .

So I'll have a 24 gap in us roaming service then? That's inconvenient.

Sometimes it feels like companies are trying to make life difficult for some unknown intentional reason.  Although PM is constantly evolving, so perhaps this "glitch" will be fixed soon.  It would be really nice to be able to "turn on" a 10-day add-on to run consequtively, or offer a 30 day add-on. I wonder what the reasoning is to keep it at 10 days. Must be a money making reason in there somewhere.

I think this "glitch" has been around since they started offering the roaming add-ons. They don't fix system things very quickly around here. Some go our way and others are just goofy. This one is goofy. It's pretty much baling twine and gum around here. But we came here for the rates.

thebeem9
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for the clarification @Anonymous and @darlicious .

So I'll have a 24 gap in us roaming service then? That's inconvenient.

Sometimes it feels like companies are trying to make life difficult for some unknown intentional reason.  Although PM is constantly evolving, so perhaps this "glitch" will be fixed soon.  It would be really nice to be able to "turn on" a 10-day add-on to run consequtively, or offer a 30 day add-on. I wonder what the reasoning is to keep it at 10 days. Must be a money making reason in there somewhere.

@thebeem9  @Anonymous  is absolutely correct. It takes generally 24 hours after your 10 day US roaming add on expires for the system to allow you to purchase it again.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@thebeem9 wrote:

10 days ago I was able to purchase one, but now it's not there when I click "purchase add-ons" from my overview page.  Under the Bungles column, there's only the $15 talk/text bundle.  I've talked to a moderator, they suggested I try opening my account in a different browser, which I did, but same thing. See screen shot:

I suspect it's a re-purchasing of the same bundle thing while it's still valid or same day expiry. Maybe even the 11th day. Maybe have a look again tomorrow.

Need Help? Let's chat.