cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$20 US DATA AND TALK NOT WORKING

LoreckAvery
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I'm in the states. My phone switched over to t-mobile and I've shut the phone off and on and my texts and data are NOT working! This is frustrating to say the least. Yes it shows the add on under my plan 

13 REPLIES 13

oh no.. it's another of those ppl started replying from an old thread.. sorry.. too late at night.. should go sleep ..

Anonymous
Not applicable

Uh @softech??  : That was 2 years ago.  🙂

@jluong9 wrote:

Maybe you could try a hard reset on your phone then manually selecting a carrier. If it really comes down to it you could try to reset your network settings. 

@jluong9 

hard reset a phone because roaming is not working?   or you just meant a reboot?

if you hard reset a phone, you don't need to network reset any more.. everything starting fresh already..

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bertie1 : Did you figure something out or is there a question?

Bertie1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

LoreckAvery

Thank you! I had already cycled phone on and off however I didn't search out a provider manually, after I did that and jumped down to AT&T it worked!! 

LoreckAvery

Yes I did

jluong9
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Maybe you could try a hard reset on your phone then manually selecting a carrier. If it really comes down to it you could try to reset your network settings. However, that would reset all your saved wifi passwords. I do find it that it works sometimes. Hopefully you don't have to go there though.

@LoreckAvery wrote:

Yes roaming is on. It was hooked up to t-mobile now switched to at&t. I seem to be able to use data but not send texts

Log into My Account and look in Data & Add-ons...do you see the 10 Day US Roaming add-on ? When you bought it, did you buy the talk/text/data package ? Is the talk and data now working ?

@LoreckAvery wrote:

Yes roaming is on. It was hooked up to t-mobile now switched to at&t. I seem to be able to use data but not send texts

Maybe try powering off your phone and removing the SIM, wait 5 mins and then re-insert and restart your phone.

You can also try the lost/stolen trick, log into your account, select plans/add-ons tab, report phone lost, suspend service, log out and wait 5 mins.  Log back in and report phone found and resume service.  Restart phone.  This does a soft reset of your account.

If nothing helps submit a ticket via SIMon.  Good luck.

LoreckAvery

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi there @LoreckAvery,

Did you tried to manually search the network? Usually, you can find this under Settings -> Connections -> Mobile Networks--> Network Operators.

Most of the time, it's the first network that appears in that list that you need to connect to.

Try as well to do a power cycle. Do not forget to turn on  the roaming option from your phone settings.

If this does not work, you can reach out to SIMon or create a ticket and a moderator will help you out.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@LoreckAvery wrote:

I'm in the states. My phone switched over to t-mobile and I've shut the phone off and on and my texts and data are NOT working! This is frustrating to say the least. Yes it shows the add on under my plan 

Have you enabled data and roaming on your phone?

You can also manually select AT&T on your phone, sometimes one carrier gives better reception than the other.

Also if nothing helps you connect then submit a ticket to moderators via SIMon here: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

Need Help? Let's chat.