cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 phones-same numper?

swiss32
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

can I use the same number on 2 phones? if not can I get the same number on a new sim-card?

17 REPLIES 17

The plastic "punchouts" are just form-factor spacers, they will fit any SIM card from any manufacturer, they don't contain any circuitry, complex geometry, or special parts. What you see is exactly what you get.

You can always order another PM SIM card just to use its spacers on your existing SIM card. (And if you offer your spare PM SIM card to a referral then it'll basically pay for itself, lol.)

You can purchase SIM spacer sets at dollar stores (a couple bucks) and at many cellphone/electronics stores (overpriced).

You can even cut your own spacers from plastic or cardboard, it works fine if you do it right (and you can download printable reference templates), but I don't recommended it.

@swiss32  If you do not have the original larger sized housing for the SIM card you can ask at  a retailer that sells pm SIM cards and activations if they have any of the housing left over from another SIM card. Otherwise you can purchase SIM card adapters for couple of dollars online or around $5 at places like the source or best buy.

swiss32

ok, thanx to all that replied...

Swiss

Anonymous
Not applicable

@scorpio17 wrote:

No need to port out and port in. It will not give any advantages.

@@z10user wrote:

2. you could port out to another provider and then activate a new SIM and port back. You would lose whatever features you had on the original though. Unless you mean replacing your SIM...then yes...use the Change SIM feature.

But it depends. It was uncertain as to what the intentions were of the OP. Now it's clear.

scorpio17
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

No need to port out and port in. It will not give any advantages.

@@z10user wrote:

2. you could port out to another provider and then activate a new SIM and port back. You would lose whatever features you had on the original though. Unless you mean replacing your SIM...then yes...use the Change SIM feature.

Does the new phone require a smaller or larger SIM than the old one? If larger, you need a new SIM. Smaller, you should be able tompunxh the smaller SIM out. It's perforated.

@swiss32 wrote:

I got a new phone and the SIM-card is not the same size as the new phone, otherwise I would have just moved it. I want to stay on the same plan with public,so can i just get a new simcard

and keep my number?

@swiss32 wrote:

I got a new phone and the SIM-card is not the same size as the new phone, otherwise I would have just moved it. I want to stay on the same plan with public,so can i just get a new simcard

and keep my number?

Yes get a new sim card. If it's not 3punch

Screenshot_20200125_171900.jpg

@swiss32 wrote:

and keep my number?

The PM SIM card is adaptable for 3 different sizes.  Do you still have the parts of the PM SIM that you might have detached your SIM from?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@swiss32 wrote:

and keep my number?

Yes. And depending on how old your SIM is, they're what they call tri-punch. Each size can be "punched" out of the larger size. Unless you need to go back up in size. Then you would need the larger pieces that the smaller part got punched out of. You would need to be careful so as not to risk jamming the re-united parts in the SIM slot.

swiss32

and keep my number?

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Are you already a PM member @swiss32  is there a problem with your current sim? Are you trying to switch? You can set up a temporary PM account and then bring your number over, you will lose the temporary number when you port your number over. You can also get 2 Sims and forward one to the other and get both numbers on one phone. But, you cannot have 1 number on two phones. Each SIM needs a unique email address and account.

@swiss32 wrote:

can I use the same number on 2 phones? if not can I get the same number on a new sim-card?

P-Ran

Not sure of Public Mobilities, as I'm new, but I don't think any company offers it. Service providers map your cell phone number on one SIM card number to activate it. Therefore, activating the same phone number on two different SIM cards at one time is not possible.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@swiss32 wrote:

can I use the same number on 2 phones?

@swiss32 No, the only way is if you move the sim card between the two phones.

not can I get the same number on a new sim-card?

The only way would be to use selfserve and use the change sim card option. Please note that once you switch cards the old card gets deactivated.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@swiss32 wrote:

1. No.

danijel

No you cannot have the same number on 2 phones. Yes you can get the same number on a new sim card, it's a process called porting your number from another provider. Are your currently with Public Mobile or with someone else?

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

No. One sim per number.

You could take sim out and switch back and forth between phones but that's all. Not two phones running simultaneously with same number

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@swiss32 wrote:

Sorry but no to both questions that isn't possible.  One number/email per account at PM is allowed.

Need Help? Let's chat.