2 devices on 1 plan

dennis77fox
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have an iphone on a plan

if i get a ipad and a sim card can i use it on the same plan 

7 REPLIES 7

nightowl7217
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

In a pinch you could take the SIM card from your phone & put it in the ipad. Whichever device you put the Sim card in is what will have the service.

JackQuint
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@will13am wrote:

I know of no carrier brand that sells a single plan that accommodates two devices at the same time. We can move the SIM card from device to device as much as we want though.  Anyway, Public Mobile is pretty competitive in phone plans.  I suggest the dog brand for tablet plans.  

This. The big three may have their share plans, but the share pricing is baked into the cost. It is one of the reasons that their are pricier than their second tier brands. As for the dog brand, their tablet plan requires you to already have a line with them. There are reports that people have been able to convince some retailers to give it to them anyway, but I had no success when I tried. YMMV.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I know of no carrier brand that sells a single plan that accommodates two devices at the same time. We can move the SIM card from device to device as much as we want though.  Anyway, Public Mobile is pretty competitive in phone plans.  I suggest the dog brand for tablet plans.  

@dennis77fox wrote:

You can use as many devices as you wish, but unfortunately not at the same time.

If the purpose of this is so that you don't have to tether through hotspot, you can only have one active sim card per account at a time.  You could still connect your iPad through Wi-Fi or tether to your phone.

If you're asking because you want the other device to be used at the same time at a different location, Public Mobile does not allow data to be shared between different phone numbers. If you want celluar data on both devices at the same time, you would need to subscribe to two separate plans.

Candy18
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Unfortunately it will not work

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@dennis77fox wrote:

Not sure I understand what you're asking.  If you pickup another Public Mobile SIM card and activate it that would be a separate plan.  Each SIM card is attached to a separate account and plan. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@dennis77fox wrote:

@dennis77fox  Unfortunately no. With PM each sim needs to have a seperate account/email combination.

Edit: Another option is to turn on the hotspot on your phone and connect your iPad via WiFi.

Need Help? Let's chat.