cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Gigs Add-0n Data

Bigpointguy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My wife's account has  a GB of add-on data and an addditional GB of Data on I received in a a while back. Neither has been touched for a variety of reasons. She is currently on the $25 plan. If I drop her down to the $15 plan will she lose those 2 GB of data? 

Thanks for the help,

Pat

11 REPLIES 11

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

@Bigpointguy 

Thanks Pat. Hope you got everything sorted out now and for the record, I’m more than happy here at Public Mobile as well!

Take Care,

AE_Collector

Bigpointguy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

AE_Collector, Thanks so much for the answer. I appreciate you taking the time to reply. The help of the community makes us pleased to be Public Mobile customers.

regards,

Pat

@geopublic 

That is pretty close to where I was at with it as well, But we don't really have enough info to know for sure that the two promos are the AUG & Dec 2019 free 1Gb Gifts though it is likely. And I have something nagging at me that there may have been one Promo possibly for one of the free data add-ons (though some of these were for larger than 1 Gb data add-ons) that involved the $25 plan, I cant be sure. But agreed, in all likelihood we’ve accurately determined what is going on in this particular scenario.

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector wrote:

@geopublic 

That is generally true but is definitely not always the case. There were numerous New Customer Promos in the last 6-9 months offering one time Data add-ons that said they would be forfeited if a plan change was done. There were also new CUstomer Promos that offered recurring monthly data bonuses for first 3-6-8 months that also would be lost if a plan change were done.

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector  In this case it's true. @Bigpointguy  Stated that his wife is on the $25 plan and that both add-ons have been on the account for a while. The $25.00 plan does not have any conditional promos that I' aware of.

@geopublic 

That is generally true but is definitely not always the case. There were numerous New Customer Promos in the last 6-9 months offering one time Data add-ons that said they would be forfeited if a plan change was done. There were also new CUstomer Promos that offered recurring monthly data bonuses for first 3-6-8 months that also would be lost if a plan change were done.

AE_Collector

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Bigpointguy  Add-ons are associated with one's account and not their plan so you will not lose your data when you switch plans. In fact you can switch plans as many times as you wish without affecting your add-ons or rewards.

It is worth noting that there HAVE been data add-ons given as Sign Up Promotions That ARE tied to the plan that would be forfeited if a change to the plan were done. These types of Promos might have gone back as far as last fall and early this year. If this plan has been in existence longer than that all should be okay. AND, I don't really recall any of these  Promos applying to plans such as the $25 plan, they were usually for the $35 plan and higher. If your plan was active prior to last September you are in the clear.

An add-on purchased by you will remain in place as will the two Free 1 Gb Data Add-Ons that PM gave us, the first in August 2019 Titled 1 Gb Promo and the second made available (if you logged in and claimed it) Last December titled Holiday give Away.

AE_Collector

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Bigpointguy if you are you referring to the 2 gift 1 gig data add-ons or 2 that you purchased, then they stay with the plan. If you got them on a promotional sign up. Then it depends on the terms that you received them under. Stay safe. 

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Bigpointguy If you change the plan, addons will remain on your account. They are linked to the account not the plan. Change the plan without any fear😉

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Bigpointguy 

The add ons remain with the account.I agree  It’s a good idea to check just in case. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

The add-ons will remain in the account until they are used up.

Need Help? Let's chat.