cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2.5 questions about 3gig port in bonus

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi everybody

I just noticed the ad and was wandering if port has to be done during the sim activation or can the port happen right after?

I don't like ports during the activation as you can get stuck. i did it for a family member and she was freaking out cause she couldn't be reached for 30 minutes.

If port can happen later, what time frame are we looking at?

And finally, will there be anything similar for freedom rogers or any other specific provider?

8 REPLIES 8

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Porting has to be done at activation. You can use old sim till it stops working. 

surreyboz
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@kselmak wrote:

Hi everybody

I just noticed the ad and was wandering if port has to be done during the sim activation or can the port happen right after?

I don't like ports during the activation as you can get stuck. i did it for a family member and she was freaking out cause she couldn't be reached for 30 minutes.

And finally, will there be anything similar for freedom rogers or any other specific provider?

I guess no one told you and that is why you couldn't pass this information on to the Family Member you were porting from that your old SIM card remains fully active until the Port is fully complete.   

@Klane wrote:

@kselmak  port is required during activation, however I dont reccamend taking your people to PM.... the outlook on the Horizion is this ship is sinking and help is 3 days away !

It's funny to see this every time great promos come out.  Public Mobile is not inking, it's just that they seem to be bailing a lot of water at the moment.

PM is not closing down.  I've been here for almost 3 years, and this rumour keeps popping up.

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

it seem slike port in at same time, but who knows the way they play their game.

Klane
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@kselmak  port is required during activation, however I dont reccamend taking your people to PM.... the outlook on the Horizion is this ship is sinking and help is 3 days away !

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Porting process seems to have gotten better.... not sure if that helps.

I still see some failures but it's not close to what happened a while back.

Just get your info. correct in the application and you should be (hopefully) good to go for porting and activation at the same time!

@kselmak wrote:

Hi everybody

@kselmak wrote:

Hi everybody

I believe that port in needs to be done at the same time as activation for this offer.  As for not being able to be reached for 30 minutes, that doesn't have to do anything with when the port was done.  When a porting request is made, incoming messages and calls don't work immediately on the Public Mobile service.  This is true if you port during activation or later. The 30 minutes not being able to be reached could have been avoided by continuing to use the old carrier's sim card until it stopped working.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kselmak 

I'll say that it says "new customers". If you sign up and take a number first then you're now a customer. To then port afterwards would not be porting in as a new customer because you're already a customer.

But I'm no lawyer and we all know many things don't work as stated around here so for all I know it would work fine.

I think porting from more obscure providers might be dodgy compared to porting from a major carrier.

My crystal ball is on the fritz to be able to tell you about future promos.

Need Help? Let's chat.