cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1gig add-on us roaming.

mellondon
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

My plan replenished today ( it’s the $60.00 us plan).  I purchased 1 gig roaming add-on a few days ago as I needed it, so what happens now. I still have a few days left on that add-on but does it automatically revert back to my regular plan and I loose out on the rest of the roaming data on that add on. Asking because I’m crossing today into the USA. 
cheers 

don 

13 REPLIES 13

mellondon

Yes it is a good plan for me as I’m in the USA  twice a week. Very advantageous for me 

Other than this small glitch this really is the perfect plan for you! I was disappointing that they chose to discontinue this plan so soon after it was introduced in Aug-Sept 2019 time frame I think it was. IMHO it was the most innovative new plan I saw introduced here at PM since I arrived just over two years ago.

AE_Collectors

mellondon

Thanks I’ll try the mods 

It is an unusual scenario using the 10 day US roaming add-on with he $60 US roaming plan. Mostly because there are so few of these roaming plans out there and any other plan would carry on for the full 10 days because there isnt another “included US roaming” factor restarting when your plan renewed. That said, it doesn’t make sense in this case and they should be able to code the 10 day add on to keep going in this situation. I would send a message to the moderators to take a look at the situation. You have all the details recorded and they may not have even considered this!

AE_Collector

mellondon

update. 
jus returned to canada via Detroit/windsor and I used 364 MB’s of my 2gig roaming plan and 0 of my buddy 1 gig roaming add on. A little disappointed that public mobile doesn’t have a better system in place for a case like this 

mellondon

Thanks I’ll check it out 

@mellondon since you're in the states often. you should consider getting a textnow number and then purchase their $10 sim for free calls/texts in the US. they also have a $20/2gb data plan. forward your public mobile number and then leave it in Canada. 

*text messages won't get forwarded

textnow.com

Ah okay, so at least you got some use from the add-on last month. Hopefully it will continue until consumed and then go to your included plan data. Let us know what happens and Good Luck!

AE_Collector

mellondon

yes I was in the USA. I’m in the USA 8 times a month, and I need data for my business. I was close to running out last time I was there so had to purchase it. I don’t have to purchase it very often but had to this time. 

If you are likely to exhaust your included 2Gb of US roaming data this billing period...then yes, hopefully it continues using your purchased roaming data until all used of (or 10 days has passed) and then it begins to use your plan data. There are so relatively few customers on this US roaming $60 plan and it was only offered for about 2 months and that was over a year ago... thus I cant imagine there is much ongoing trouble shooting and/or improvements to procedures with the plan. 

Good luck and if you can let us know how it hakes out we would be very appreciative!

AE_Collector

mellondon

Thanks for your reply. At this point it’s better to use up the add-on which is already paid for and haven’t used hardly any data. 

Yes an interesting conundrum that has never occurred to me before. Too bad that PM didn't have US roaming add-ons that operated like other PM add-ons. 

@mellondon I’m not sure why you purchased the US roaming add-on a few days ago...you said you needed it. But you weren’t in the US a few days ago were you? Maybe you had been in the US during the previous 30 days and used up your included 2Gb of data. You are crossing into US today and your plan just renewed today. So ideally you would have gone to the US today and when your 2Gb of US roaming data was exhausted you would have then grabbed the 1 Gb US roaming add-on which you could use for 10 more days or until it was gone. 

AE_Collector

@mellondon Roaming add-ons always expire 10 days after purchase.  I think that the data priority as to which will get used first is a question best for @Alan_K .  Normally, customers would want plan data to be used first, but roaming works differently than other types of add-ons.

There actually is scenario (oppositen to what you now want) in which you would want your plan's roamimg data to be used first, such as if your are near the end of billing cycle. However, the sysyem is likely programmed with an absolute value as to which to use first.

Need Help? Let's chat.