cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1gb and below to be roll over.

two_door
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

cant we ask the admin of this network, for them to make a roll over data? just for the 1gb and below users. what do you think?

13 REPLIES 13

I agree with @BlueB that it is good to have data handy when needed.   Especially PM is prepaid, you need to go through the trouble to buy before you use, it is not like postpaid that can just turn on data when you really need it and worry a

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@computergeek541 wrote:

The moderators are there to provide support. They are not involved involved with the decisions for plans and add-ons that are offered.

True... as staff, they can facilitate forwarding suggestions to the right people so that's what I was suggesting.  If there's already a specific suggestion box somewhere, I'd love to learn where that is too!  🙂

BlueB

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm always astonished that people will pay for something that they don't use. "Oh but I like just knowing I have that data available just in case." "No I hardly ever use maybe 300 megs but I like knowing I have that 10.5 gigs available...y'know...just in case."

Or the others that don't care about the money...I'll take one with everything.

Too funny!  I like to have extra data and it has come in handy for internet outages and times when I need to work remotely without adequate wifi.  Then again, there's a reasonable amount of extra data, otherwise it's just a waste.  🙂

The only caveat @darlicious about the flexibility to switch between plans, is the danger of Public Mobile discontinuing an old plan so that you can't switch back.  That recent move to Province-only minutes before reverting back to the Canada-wide minutes was an example... (thankfully they got rid of that!).

@BlueB wrote:

@two_door 

I agree, I think this is a great suggestion and you can definitely send this to the @CS_Agent too!

I'm sure Public Mobile has considered this, along with its business implications on $$$.  Roll-over data could even have a limit of a few months so accounts wouldn't get out of control.  This would be great for us users (but probably not as good for Public Mobile/Telus!  lol)

It's good idea and hopefully it comes to life one day... we can always hope!  🙂

The moderators are there to provide support. They are not involved involved with the decisions for plans and add-ons that are offered.

BlueB

@two_door 

I agree, I think this is a great suggestion and you can definitely send this to the @CS_Agent too!

I'm sure Public Mobile has considered this, along with its business implications on $$$.  Roll-over data could even have a limit of a few months so accounts wouldn't get out of control.  This would be great for us users (but probably not as good for Public Mobile/Telus!  lol)

It's good idea and hopefully it comes to life one day... we can always hope!  🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

On choosing packages:

I think it can also depend on how you decide to analyse your consumption habits. Do you want peak ever usage? "Yeah one time I was out somewhere and I ran out of data and I really needed it. Never again!" Or do you go average after looking at all your fluctuating usage over say a year. Or do you go minimum and just stick with wifi when done.

I chose average when I first decided to change my provider. I had previously been with Telus and had a 6gb bucket. I primarily used it for hotspotting connecting a laptop to it. I went over just once. Got dinged of course. Wasn't much. When I moved here I looked at all that usage and Telus reported the usage differently from hotspotting and handset usage. I added up all my handset usage over the prior year and averaged it out and found I was around 350mb of handset usage. So I came here and got the 500mb bucket.

It was after that that I found my usage of all services became quite minimal. So I changed to the $10 plan. Bought add-ons as needed. Have acquired all sorts of gift add-ons since. (yes a text add-on would still be nice 🙂 )

But I still like the idea of banking paid-for features. I paid for it. I should keep what I don't use for later. But the companies are rather more interested in their profits. I still leave less than 50 minutes on the table for them to profit on on occasion.

The banking of it also allows for those fluctuating uses. You have it as an excess buffer for those times you go over your plan bucket.

To jinx this or parts of this thread, I predict this will get abyssed. But it could be moved over to the Community category. It doesn't need to be in the Rewards category. We are after all still talking about phone service.

@two_door 

To tell you the truth I don't really see the point when you have the flexibility to change plans to suit your data needs. As mentioned the $15 plan ( and those of us with the $10 50/50 plan) already fits this need giving basic services with the option to buy roll over data/minutes.

MVNO start up dot mobile ( data on tap) wishes to bring that concept to life and Quebec's Fizz mobile has a hybrid type model with data rolling over for 90 days and the ability to gift your data to other users. I don't see pm changing their current model.

You can always add it to the wishlist...some of those wishes have come true...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Community/The-Community-s-Public-Mobile-Wishlist/m-p/...

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@two_door  good idea.. but just need someone to start the fight  🙂

Curious.. why only 1Gb below?  People paying like $40 and $50 needs to be looked after too 

@Anonymous wrote: (in part)

"I'm always astonished that people will pay for something that they don't use. "Oh but I like just knowing I have that data available just in case." "No I hardly ever use maybe 300 megs but I like knowing I have that 10.5 gigs available...y'know...just in case."

Love it, @Anonymous. 

I think part of the reason folks do this is they're unaware how easy it is to simply switch up to a plan with more data.   They may activate and want nothing more to do with monitoring or changing up things.   So they think  "i'll go for the maximum coverage at the onset and I'll never have to worry about it..."   

Are they likely throwing away money... absolutely!!!   And too many of them likely never look at their data consumption so they have no idea they may only be using a fraction of what's available.

To each their own, I guess.  😁

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@two_door wrote:

cant we ask the admin of this network, for them to make a roll over data? just for the 1gb and below users. what do you think?

@two_door 

I do not not think any customer would disagree with you. 👌

Maybe add it to the Wishlist and see what happens....I actually don't even know if this Wishlist results in any actions, but you never know! 😁

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Community/The-Community-s-Public-Mobile-Wishlist/m-p/...

It sounds like you may not need the 1GB data...as it sounds like @Anonymous eluded to, try changing your plan to the $15 (100 outgoing minutes) and purchase a $5 - 500 minutes addon.

The $5 - 500 minutes addon kicks in after the 100 minutes is used up within your cycle; AND does roll over until fully consumed.

If you do not like this plan, easy peasy to change it back upon next renewal.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@two_door : Absolutely! Good luck with that though. It's why I love the least cost base plan and then use add-ons as needed. But from my investigating, it's only here and Koodo that allow that.

I'm always astonished that people will pay for something that they don't use. "Oh but I like just knowing I have that data available just in case." "No I hardly ever use maybe 300 megs but I like knowing I have that 10.5 gigs available...y'know...just in case."

Or the others that don't care about the money...I'll take one with everything.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Only add-on data rolls over except US roaming add-ons expire 10 days after purchase. Plan data expires if not used within 30 days period.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

It's a great idea, @two_door , however no pre-paid services I'm aware of will roll over services from cycle to cycle.  The allowances provided for in Public Mobile's plan's minutes or data allotments run cycle to cycle only.

Only services acquired through add-ons can roll over from cycle to cycle.

Great thought, though.

Need Help? Let's chat.