cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

~1GB monthly data, very occasion voice and message - which plan?

beejay
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there!!!

Newbie here. My typical monthly usage is around 1GB of data and very occasion voice and text - what would be the plan for me according to my usage?

Thanks a lot.

13 REPLIES 13

The thing with data is we all tend to use what we have

Someone else mentioned above about the old 90 day 1GB plan (about 333MB per month)

Then there were the 600MB per month plans on other carrier

Then 1GB per month (3GB 90 days), 2GB (6GB 90 days) & 12GB (4GB 90 days)

If a person usually averages 1GB that is because they are (usually) limiting their use to stay within a set amount to avoid overages on old carrier

If offered more for a reasonable price it is a no-brainer to take and use

I also really like Publics 90 day options as they do provide great flexibility for that odd month where you need alot more than your average months

Agreed with @will13am
Even though @beejay request for a suggestion about 1gb data plan with few text n talk but as other said if by only paying few extra dollars user will be able to get double data sometimes it's good to be have extra if incase if required in future since it's s promo plan I would recommended to go by 6gb plan Pm offer LTE plan it's better to have 6gb if you only have to pay little bit more
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

@MarieHelene_L wrote:

@kav2001c

Yes according to the information we have I believe the 90-day plan with 3GB of data is a pretty good option. It's not 3GB per month, it's 3GB for the entire 90-day period which averages to approximately 1GB per month, exactly what @beejay requested 🙂 

The suggestion is that it's far better value to pay a few dollars more per month and double the data to 6 gigs over 90 days.

MarieHelene_L
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@kav2001c

Yes according to the information we have I believe the 90-day plan with 3GB of data is a pretty good option. It's not 3GB per month, it's 3GB for the entire 90-day period which averages to approximately 1GB per month, exactly what @beejay requested 🙂 

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, PIN etc... This is a public forum!*

@mimmo wrote:

if going the for data only plan, there were other providers offering $15/month for a couple gigs /month  not sure if those plans are still around

Yeah, the Fido data plan is still available.  However, you need to be a existing customer with a talk plan to qualify.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

if going the for data only plan, there were other providers offering $15/month for a couple gigs /month  not sure if those plans are still around

youbme
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Just to make things more complicated for you @beejay, you could select a 6GB data-only plan for 90 days at $84 then sign up for a service such as Fongo to get a phone number and text through your data plan...it might be more economical if you are not a heavy phone user and rely more on data.

youbme
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I would have to agree with @kav2001c, simply due to the value of the plans. I'm on an older (no longer available) 1GB for 90 days plan and even though I don't use that much data, if I decided to upgrade I would likely go for the 6GB plan ($111 for 90 days vs. 120 for 90 days and double the data...).

But of course, this why Public Mobile is awesome, there's a plan for just about everyone! Robot Very Happy

@paulie & @MarieHelene_L & @cricketfan really???

He averages 1GB per month so you suggest the 3GB plan?

@beejay take the 6GB option; cost difference is only $3 per month more and you have alot more room to breathe 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Yeah, the 90 day option is a no brainer.  The cost per month is lower and the data carries over for the entire duration, making for great flexibility.

cricketfan
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
If I were you, I'd go for unlimited text, unlimited province wide call and 3 gb for 90 days plan with autopay. This way if you don't use 1gb fully in one month, it will (kind of) be usable in the remaining two months.

paulie
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

best to go with the 90 plan mentioned above.

Also be sure to add autopay to receive some discounting...

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Rewards/AutoPay-Reward/m-p/404#M3

MarieHelene_L
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hey @beejay

Thanks for choosing us! We're glad to welcome you into the Public Mobile family 🙂

Here are the 2 suggestions I would have for you,

- A 30-day plan that includes unlimited province wide calls, unlimited international text and 1GB of data for 42$

- A 90-day plan that includes unlimited province wide calls, unlimited international text and 3GB of data for 111$

You can also consult the plan creator available on our website to see for yourself!

https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans

Thanks 🙂

Marie

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, PIN etc... This is a public forum!*
Need Help? Let's chat.