cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1GB data addon not working

Jasperchow
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I purchased a 1 GB data addon on June 8 and it works fine before, but it stopped working today and when I checked I only used 29MB and the addon is still active, please advise how to restart it, thanks.

14 REPLIES 14

neboh77

I already check  1gb used,  and no promo 1gb was used

@neboh77  Data is not working because you used it all up.

neboh77

My plan started by december 15 2019.   I get a 1gb promo plus 400 min international calling,  

now just i have 400 min international,   

No data working

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@boltev wrote:

I tried lost and suspend trick and restart. no luck  just purchased add today . 

Did you complete your purchase of the add-on data and it's not working?

If the lost/found trick didn't work for you then try adding $1 top up to your account and restart the phone, this has also has been known to reset the account.

It is a two step process for add ons.  You need to add then purchase them.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/purchase-add-ons-through-self-serve

They should appear in your self serve account under Add ons.

boltev

I tried lost and suspend trick and restart. no luck  just purchased add today . 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Jasperchow wrote:

Hi, I purchased a 1 GB data addon on June 8 and it works fine before, but it stopped working today and when I checked I only used 29MB and the addon is still active, please advise how to restart it, thanks.

@Jasperchow  Are you sure you haven't used it up? Maybe the 29MB is the data counter for your data from your plan?

Jasperchow

Thanks everyone, tried the lost phone trick, it works. Thanks.

@Jasperchow 

Did you try the lost/phone trick as described above?  It will reset your SIM card and sometimes does troubleshoot various account problems.  

Maybe toggle airplane mode off/on.  

Try your SIM card in another phone to determine whether hardware issue versus Public Mobile service issue.

@JasperchowAt this stage only a Moderator can help you.. contact them via this link. Hopefully they can help you out soon.. but they might not respond to you for up to 48 hours.

Jasperchow

Rest of services working, plan is active

@Jasperchow 

Is the rest of your service working? ie. talk, text?  

In your self service account, is your status active?

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Jasperchow  Try what  @brennanleblanc_  suggests but also reboot your phone afterwards.

brennanleblanc_
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Jasperchow wrote:

You could try the Lost/Stolen phone trick.

1. Go into Self-Serve under Plans > Lost/Stolen Phone

2. Suspend your service

3. Log out and wait 5 minutes

4. Log back in and go to the same page to reactivate your service

Need Help? Let's chat.