cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1GB add on not showing

nlan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I bought 1GB add on yesterday. My credit card was charged. I never saw the add on listed on my account. This is my first time buying an add on or using data. Bad experience.

I tried to suspend my account and start it again trick. I tried resetting my phone. Logging into and out of account.

Please help.

7 REPLIES 7

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Purchasing add-ons are a two step process.

You also need to add it to your account.

To purchase Add-Ons using your Self-Serve account, follow these steps:

1. Click on ‘Purchase Add- Ons’ on the Overview tab and scroll down to the Add-On calculator.
  2. Click the plus sign (+) to add and the minus sign (-) to remove selected Add-ons.
  3. When you’ve added all your desired Add-Ons, click ‘Buy Add-Ons’ or ‘Make a Payment’ below the calculator:
    • You will see ‘Make a Payment’ instead of ‘Buy Add-Ons’ if there are not enough funds in your account to make the purchase.
    • If you don’t have sufficient funds to purchase the Add-Ons, you will be asked to make a one-time payment equal to the price of the Add-On, less your current available funds. Click ‘Submit’, then ‘Go back’: now the button below the calculator will say ‘Buy Add-Ons’.
  4. Select ‘Confirm my purchase’, and you’re off to the races!

@nlan based on the information provided, the $15 you deposited  for the addon was used to pay for your plan renewal. You would have to deposit another 13, since you have $2 in your account and then buy the addon.  Stay safe. 20200417_204130.jpg

nlan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I didn't realize that it's a 2-step process. My credit card has the charge in pending. On Friday when I purchased the add on I had $15 available funds. As of yesterday (Aug 8), I have $2 available. I've also received notification that my prepaid plan has been renewed for another 30 days.

So do I purchase the add on again and then add it? Will my credit card get charged twice?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@nlan wrote:

I bought 1GB add on yesterday. My credit card was charged. I never saw the add on listed on my account. This is my first time buying an add on or using data. Bad experience.

I tried to suspend my account and start it again trick. I tried resetting my phone. Logging into and out of account.

Please help.

Log into your account...do you see your $$ sitting in Available Funds ? If so, now go back and buy the Canadian Data add-on that you wanted.

You see, it's a 2 step process to purchase add-ons. First step is add $$, second step is to buy the add-on.

Restart phone and it should be working right away.

I have never bought an add-on but from everything I hear, people select the add-on they want and then they get a message to add the necessary funds to their account which they do and then they figure it is bought and paid for. BUT, once you have the available funds required you then have to go and select the add-on that you want to purchase. If you don't do it in this Order the funds are just sitting in your account.

Prepaid versus Postpaid. Pay First then go shopping.

AE_Collector

shep22
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@nlan wrote:

Please help.

@nlan hi first thing you have to do is put the funds in your account which I believe you did and then go into your account and purchase the add on good luck 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@nlan wrote:

Please help.

@nlan   Check your self serve account and if the funds are still sitting there, then you didn't take the second step of going back to make the purchase of the add-on which is required after adding funds to account.

Need Help? Let's chat.