cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1GB Gift Promo when changing plan rate

Dididoo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, does the 1GB promo given to existing users at some point last year stay if I change my current rate to one higher or lower? When I go to change my plan, it outlines the CURRENT PLAN and STARTING x DATE, YOUR NEW PLAN WILL BE plans, but the promotion does not show up in either. Does that mean it will be unaffected, or that it will be removed?

24 REPLIES 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

🙄

Just differing perceptions. As we ALL do.

@treefrog 

Lol.....yeah that's about right if I had a brother that would be it....a real love/hate relationship between myself and @Anonymous  and his crazy imaginations sometimes.......

Anonymous
Not applicable

@treefrog 

I'm an opinionated old sot. If I feel like saying something, I do. More often around here I don't because I'm aware of that. But sometimes there just comes a point.

I have issues with people appearing to be gaming the system in order to increase their reward. I won't list the myriad ways to do so.

For me, I just post when and what I feel like answering and then whatever happens come reward time...great.

If a thread just seems to be descending into chat then I _usually_ back out.

But text is a funny thing. Some people interpret their reading of text differently than what the writer intended. So an argument flares up. I get triggered by the way some people write as well. It just simply takes all kinds.

But I'm sure regulars reading this are thinking yeah, as if, you so and so...

treefrog
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Anonymous

There's a lot of back-and-forth between you two are you sure you're not siblings or triplets perhaps? I've hit upon a few dreads with you two in the sibling rivalry?

@Luddite 

Lol.....good idea me too!

Hullabaloos are like disasters and war; interesting to read about, but great to avoid. Ergo, I'm out'a here. 😂

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Luddite 

Hmmmm......interesting choice on the solution for this one. After the hullabaloo that was created after the OP's solution was reassigned and @maximum_gato  got banned for questioning that decision you chose the reassigned solution anyways. I guess a pair of oracles trump a single OP and a single cat any day all day! Sure have been dealt some lousy hands lately....oh well with some lady luck things will turn around and be looking up again! Im down but dont count me out yet! Lol...

@maximum_gato wrote:
I mean if thats the case i can think of a few solutions that @AE_Collector  deserved but the OP chose someone else farther along in the thread that basically repeated his solution......he only has 14 at last count.

Nooo... I think I have 15! Maybe not, cant recall now. I recall one of the last ones I got disappeared the next day. I have had scenarios where I thought I couldn’t help but finally score a Solution but...I was wrong. On the Extremely rare occasion where I am first with the right solution it is Always awarded further down the list. But most often I am not the first but provide more detail but of course it is always too late. A few weeks back someone posted they made a mistake and should have awarded the solution to my response but it stayed where it was. 15 total solutions in 20 months isn’t bad...is it? I don't lose sleep over it, my involvement is on the decline overall and it shows in my Reward amount. I have a feeling more changes are coming to rewards overall. I managed to get a decent number of referrals via all the guys I worked with and retired with which makes me begin to fear that they may put some limits in place soon. It always seems to go that way for me.

AE_Collector

Anonymous
Not applicable

@maximum_gato wrote:

@Anonymous 

Well with my exceptional computer prowess when i started here and the nearly a year of fine tuning the only thing i have figured out to shut off......from the get go was the email notifications. Now that was  annoying.......

@maximum_gato @darlicious 

I only get email for any pm's I might get.

I had a look at my settings and I should get notifications. I don't subscribe to anything though so that might be why. Maybe you've chosen to automatically subscribe to threads you post in and so get all the notifications on it. Dunno. Now I know how you knew. So that's settled. The rest I currently don't care. 🙂

@computergeek541 wrote:

@maximum_gato wrote:

@computergeek541 

Wow ....did the OP ask you to change the solution or can i appeal the choice of solution when ive answered first? ( No offense @Anonymous  i realize you answered first.) I actually beat out @gblackma the other day (will miracles never cease?) but i didnt expect an oracle....excuse me... a retired oracle to come along and change it! I mean if thats the case i can think of a few solutions that @AE_Collector  deserved but the OP chose someone else farther along in the thread that basically repeated his solution......he only has 14 at last count.

I have no desire to argue about this, so I have left the solution open. I only made the change because this does appear to be case of the same answered being given later on. 

@computergeek541 , I think you should revert the solution back to what the OP had chosen as the post that answered their question.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@Anonymous 

Well with my exceptional computer prowess when i started here and the nearly a year of fine tuning the only thing i have figured out to shut off......from the get go was the email notifications. Now that was  annoying.......

@maximum_gato wrote:

i was surprised to see it changed usually thats only done when its not the correct solution or a self solution......it was the OP's choice. If thats the case we can let the oracles choose all the solutions all the time.

Please do not group the Oracles in on this one lol

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you darlicious. I did must know. I long ago turned off all extraneous notifications. I had no clue that selected solutions by who were at all visible.

I really would not want the whole crap-load o' notifications in my notification feed. But...to each their own.

I get bravo's (if any), solutions (if any), tag mentions (if any) and badges (if any).

@computergeek541 

Next time ill put ninja'd......

@maximum_gato wrote:

@computergeek541 

Wow ....did the OP ask you to change the solution or can i appeal the choice of solution when ive answered first? ( No offense @Anonymous  i realize you answered first.) I actually beat out @gblackma the other day (will miracles never cease?) but i didnt expect an oracle....excuse me... a retired oracle to come along and change it! I mean if thats the case i can think of a few solutions that @AE_Collector  deserved but the OP chose someone else farther along in the thread that basically repeated his solution......he only has 14 at last count.

I have no desire to argue about this, so I have left the solution open. I only made the change because this does appear to be case of the same answer being given later on. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Invalid-SIM/m-p/571306#M118554

@Anonymous 

For good measure heres the example i was referring to......

@gblackma 

Not that i want to take anything away from you but when you beat Usain Bolt you kinda feel a little proud of your accomplishment!

@Anonymous 

You misunderstood my poor sentence structure....i conceded you answered first and deserve the solution and i dont complain normally when ive clearly answered first but someone else is chosen like my example with @gblackma the other day but i was surprised to see it changed usually thats only done when its not the correct solution or a self solution......it was the OP's choice. If thats the case we can let the oracles choose all the solutions all the time.If you must know....thats how!If you must know....thats how!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jiminy Christmas darlicious! It's not worth the fight. We win some we lose some. How is it that if I answered first, that you answered first? What planet does that makes sense?

Also, how would you know who did what to a solution? All you can see is who had it first if you caught it in time and then who might have incremented up one solution on the change. Where which you would have to look at which poster got incremented. Is it really worth your time? Far be it for me to question how you want to spend your time but really.

@computergeek541 

@Dididoo 

Weirdly enough despite getting the august data add on first and about 40mb used out of it once the xmas data add on was applied and i used a little more data it came out of the xmas one....it appears to be used first out of the two......

Dididoo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you everyone!

@Dididoo 

If you are talking about the August thanks for being a customer 1gb data add on it along with the more the merrier 1gb data add on are completely safe....they are tied to your account not your plan.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Dididoo As was mentioned above, it will stay on your account. You can change your plan without any risk of loosing the promo 1GB.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dididoo wrote:

Hi, does the 1GB promo given to existing users at some point last year stay if I change my current rate to one higher or lower? When I go to change my plan, it outlines the CURRENT PLAN and STARTING x DATE, YOUR NEW PLAN WILL BE plans, but the promotion does not show up in either. Does that mean it will be unaffected, or that it will be removed?

The gift will behave like a regular add-on. It wasn't really a promo per se.

It will be unaffected.

Need Help? Let's chat.