cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1GB Data addon for 3G only phone with a $10 50/50 plan

gochris
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have the $10 50/50 plan and want to get the 1GB data addon, but my phone only supports 3G. I see the PM data addon defaults to 4g lte on this $10 plan.

Will data work at 3G speed on my 3g phone or do I need to get a 4G lte phone?

If it works at 3G speed as well, will I need to enter different parameters for it? Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I think it depends how your phone settings are setup. If it automatically switches between 3G and LTE (usually default) it should detect no LTE connection and switch to 3G. If that doesn't work you should be able to manually select 3G network as your preferred network 

Morpheus
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

hi gochris,

There should not be a problem. The data could be used on 3G phone. Regarding the APN for data, you could check it here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/How-do-I-set-up-data-APN-on-my-smartp...

Effort
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If your phone only supports 3G, then it will work on 3G.

You don't need to change anything, everything is done automatically for you.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@gochris wrote:

I have the $10 50/50 plan and want to get the 1GB data addon, but my phone only supports 3G. And the data addon defaults to 4g lte.

Will data work at 3G speed on my 3g phone or do I need to get a 4G lte phone?

If it works at 3G speed as well, will I need to enter different parameters for it? Thanks.

You should be able to use the dat(I am not an expert though) as people who purchase the 3G(LTE lite) plans here are able to switch their phone to run on the 3G network.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.