cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1GB Data Add-on purchased but not available

Even_Kiel
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

Two weeks ago my wallet was stolen and I had to renew my Autopay option with a new card. Last week my data was close to running out so I topped up my account with a 1gb data add on to tide me over until it resets. It resets on the 26th. Yesterday/today the data ran out completely and the 1 gb of additional data did not activate. My visa card was charged the $15. 

Additionally when I logged into the Public account it says my account status is plan expired. At the top of the account page it also says:

"Please disregard this message if you have enough funds in your balance or are on AutoPay. Your account has been suspended. Make a payment to reactive your current plan.Suspended accounts are deactivated after 90 days of non-payment and you will lose your phone number and service."

The mew card works and is activated. My phone seems to be working OK now as the data 8.5 gb from the plan has reset. However I am wondering about the $15 I was charged for the additional 1gb add on...

Also do I have to worry about the plan expire/warning message? I have auto-pay selected.

11 REPLIES 11

@Even_Kiel 

I would suggest by private message. Enter Moderator_Team in the send bar, "missing add on" in the subject bar and a detailed message describing the problem include or mention you have screenshots showing there was no usage. Include the following:

1. Full name and address on your account.
  2. Telephone #, pin # and email address.

If you do not know your pin # include at least  3 of the following:

1. Date of birth
  2. Alternate phone # on account if any.
  3. Last payment, type, amount, last 4 digits of card.
  4. Security question and answer.
  5. Plan amount, date activated, recent purchases or account changes.
  6. Frequently called/texted phone # s.

Keep an eye on the envelope icon at the the top right corner of your screen for a little number to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly will speed up service times.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Even_Kiel wrote:

It didn’t actually appear. It did before the plan renewed but after the renewal it doesn’t seem to appear.

I noticed the $5 reward wasn’t applied for auto-pay/loyalty as well..!

If you saw it after you bought it and now it's gone I would say you used it.

The $2 autopay and $3 loyalty did get used for your renewal. It's why the payment card only took $45 for your plan. Don't forget taxes.

Even_Kiel

How do I contact a mod?

Thank you

@Even_Kiel 

Take screenshots of your daily usage from the 19th til renewal showing no mobile data was used. You can then ask the moderators for a credit or the add on.

Even_Kiel

C78CC32F-F070-4CBD-80D3-E1724EF51579.jpeg

It didn’t actually appear. It did before the plan renewed but after the renewal it doesn’t seem to appear.

I noticed the $5 reward wasn’t applied for auto-pay/loyalty as well..!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Even_Kiel wrote:

Yes that shows that you fully purchased it.

Does your data otherwise normally work? Like now after renewal?

The add-on certainly should have started after you fully finished your plan data. Maybe there was some slight overlap where you didn't actually touch it.

Maybe you could have done a restart.

What does the consumption on the 1gb say now under your data & add-ons? 0 of 1024MB?

Even_Kiel

C97A3E5B-52BA-4492-827C-027BBA8808E4.jpeg

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Even_Kiel wrote:

The plan expired message is gone now. The $15 for the 1gb add on was charged to my visa on the 19th when I bought.. today the plan charged $50. The 1gb add on never did activate though..

Could you post a screen snip of your Payment history from here. Blank out personal info of course.

Even_Kiel

The plan expired message is gone now. The $15 for the 1gb add on was charged to my visa on the 19th when I bought.. today the plan charged $50. The 1gb add on never did activate though..

@Anonymous wrote:

@Even_Kiel : all those warnings are normal. Do you have $15 in your Available Funds or current balance or some such wording after expiry? If so then you didn't fully buy the add-on. So now that $15 will go towards your renewal and your autopay will get charged that much less.

As long as your services are working through tomorrow noon ET then you're good.

@Even_Kiel 

Whatever you do, don't try to purchase the $15 data add-on now. If Public Mobile has already used Autopay to add additional funds to your account, but has not applied it towards the plan price yet, using that $15 to purchase an add-on now would make the renewal fail.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Even_Kiel : all those warnings are normal. Do you have $15 in your Available Funds or current balance or some such wording after expiry? If so then you didn't fully buy the add-on. So now that $15 will go towards your renewal and your autopay will get charged that much less.

As long as your services are working through tomorrow noon ET then you're good.

Need Help? Let's chat.