cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1GB Add-on not there anymore

amir_ali
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I got my 1gb add on from the christams period and it never kicked it since i was using my data from my plan. my data from plan recently finished and the add-on never kicked in and now there's nothing when i check under my account.

Where is my 1gb data?

12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I've seen them. I don't remember the exact conditions though so I guess I'll have to defer to these more recent observations.. Maybe it would show up when you're down to your last bucket.

@AE_Collector wrote:

Someone recently said that you don't get the warning texts from PM if you have an add-on in the wings.

I can confirm no warning texts when you consume your base plan data and  have a data add-on in the wings.

I suspect also no warning texts when the data  add-on is consumed too, but can't say for sure at this time...

I did not receive warnings at 75% or 95% of my plan data provision. I still have two 1GB data add-ons on account but I didn't want to consume them on further testing.

A couple of good questions brought up, that would be interesting to hear what the correct answer is.....

Someone recently said that you don't get the warning texts from PM if you have an add-on in the wings. But, maybe you might (or maybe not) get them based on the total data you have including the add-on(s)? 

AE_Collector

@Anonymous wrote:

@amir_ali 

You should have received texts at 75% and 95% of consumption.

That would be at 75% and 95% of the regular plan's allotted data, right? In which case the OP should have known approximately when the freebie 1GB would be kicking in.....

Anybody know if you get the 75% and 95% warning for the freebie data too?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amir_ali 

You should have received texts at 75% and 95% of consumption.

Edit: this _could_ be incorrect. See below.

@amir_ali  Aaaaand, you know what..... after reading what the other folks have said in this thread, I'm now starting to wonder if they're right, i.e. your extra 1GB of data PROBABLY did kick in automatically, and you may have simply blown through it. Your phone settings SHOULD reveal how much data you've used recently.....

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Check your view usage -usage history.  If there is no data under add-ons the it usually means that it has been depleted.

Data is very difficult to predict... therefore I am going to go with saying that you used up your plan data as well as the 1Gb add-on. You don't realize you've hit something very data intensive and it's gone like that. Unless you are setting quite low thresholds for data usage warnings in your phone, it's very easy to wipe it all out.

Before PM, my plan had 1Gb of data which was enough for me except in June, july & August when we almost live ago us cabin with no other internet access. Occasionally I would tether my laptop to my phone to send an email attachment. My worst nightmare was one morning when I knew my plan renewed at midnight a few hours earlier and I start getting data usage texts. By the time I figured out that my computer had said "Hey great, I'm back on Wi-Fi so I can start uploading all these pictures to the cloud" and stopped it almost 80% of my 1Gb of data that had to be rationed out for the next 30 days...was gone. That was the last straw, PM was then officially on my horizon!

AE_Collector

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@amir_ali wrote:

I got my 1gb add on from the christams period and it never kicked it since i was using my data from my plan. my data from plan recently finished and the add-on never kicked in and now there's nothing when i check under my account.

Where is my 1gb data?

Could you have already used up the data?  It only disappears when it is used up and does rollover.  If you don't think you have used it up contact the moderators and let them look into it for you

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

@amir_ali  Hmmmm, sounds like a glitch for sure, since EVERYBODY that's mentioned that add-on has said it rolls over each billing cycle, and stays in the account until completely used. Odd too, because shortly after I got both that add-on, and the 400 mins. long distance add-on, I had a phone call that exhausted my plan's remaining outgoing minutes, and the 400 mins. add-on automatically kicked in and I ended up using a few minutes from that, so your data SHOULD have automatically kicked in. 🤔 

I suggest you contact the Moderator team, this way:

To contact a Moderator, click on the question mark icon in the bottom, right corner of the screen, and follow the prompts.

1.) Click on Chat with SIMon, and on the line, "Ask me something", type "moderator"

2.) Click on "account specific question", and then click on "no, I want a human"

3.) When you see an answer, "submit a ticket Click me!", do the obvious.

Once you've submitted a ticket, occasionally check on your private message envelope icon, near the top of the screen, and when there's a number showing, you've received a reply.

Need Help? Let's chat.