cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$15 plan

dave-420
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I recently changed from the $50 plan to the $15 plan. I had problems with the transfer of the plans and then it got resolved. Then i was using my servive and all was good until i hit the limit of calls.. and now when i make a y call it says it cannot go thru becausr its ling distance which is actaully a local number.  Even when i call to check my voicemail it says the call cannot go thru because it is a long distance number.  What is thr point of this plan if you cannot even check your voicemail or make any local calls

16 REPLIES 16

@stevenanto 

No doubt that IS one BiG plan change! Sounds like a bit more research was needed initially but maybe the $5/500 minute add-on will take care of the problem. Or maybe its almost “Why cant I google anything on this plan?” time!

AE_Collector

@dave-420 wrote:

Yea for sure I'm interested.  Would u mind Goin more into detail for me  and let me know more info

@dave-420 

Here is some more information about add ons:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/overview-of-add-ons

Another article on purchasing add ons:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles?category=plans-and-addons&subcategory=how-to-pur...

Any further questions, let us know

stevenanto
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Im just surprised at the fact that he made the jump from the 50$ plan to a 15$, the difference between what these two plans offer is huge. I might have maybe downgraded to the next cheapest plan either the 40 or 45, youll lose like 3gb of data and the us unlimited calling. Now hes losing like 8 gb and only getting 100m of canada calling. 

dave-420

Yea for sure I'm interested.  Would u mind Goin more into detail for me  and let me know more info

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dave-420 : As you would see after clicking on Plan Details from your overview page, the $15 plan is unlimited incoming, 100 minutes outgoing, unlimited texting anywhere, 250MB data. All while in Canada.

dave-420

I just want to start by thanking everyone for the help and input.. Now when I changed plans i thought that I read that the $15 plan had unlimited text and 200 long distance minutes and unlimited local calling... I'm sorry if I misread that and I'll just get the $5; add-on..  which I do under the second icon correct?. And yes I smoke Ganga from time to time but it's no reason to make it sound like I'm an idiot from it... Thanks for all the help to the people out there actually providing me with usfull Intel and solutions

you need to stop smoking that ganja boy! 😑 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@dave-420 

The $15 plan includes only 100 outgoing minutes to ALL Canadian destinations (local or otherwise).

The only exemption is said to be toll-free numbers.

You're best bet is the $5.00 add-on as explained by others, for 500 minutes.  These never expire until consumed.  If you're finding yourself needing more than one of those per month, then you're best bet is to switch up to the $25 plan - but if you do that, do it on your 'next renewal' as opposed to 'immediate'.

@dave-420 

You switched to 100 minutes plan

If you do lots of calling i suggest you move to 25 plan

If you need a bit more you can try getting away with $5 add-on

ADD-ONS DON'T EXPIRE so if you use only 10 minutes if it, you will still have 490 minutes to carry over to next billing cycle. Better deal than even paid internet calling which are 1 us cent.

If you need to make a long call from tone to time you can use fongo to initiate there call and turn it into incoming (incoming are unlimited) if you are interested let me know and I'll detail it

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@dave-420 :The point of this plan is to save money - to save money and get the most benefit from this plan you have to learn to live within your means, that means not using more than what the plan allows you.

There are many ways to use your phone to call out and do everything the $50 plans do - to stay under your monthly 250MB, use only apps that don't use so much data, change your settings to turn off mobile data and turn off background data for all the apps you don't need on all the time, and of course use WiFi and turn off mobile data when using it.

To make calls and check voicemail etc, use free phone apps like Fongo only for dailing out, like calling your voicemail etc - Fongo less data than other free phone apps like textnow etc that waste your data with more ads etc. Of course wait till you have WiFi to make long calls.

Use your free text to get others to call you, or use apps that use less data like Signal Private Messenger to make calls and text.

The point of this plan is to save you money, my $15 plan started at $13 because of autopay and will be down to $8/month after 5 years because of loyalty rewards and because of referral rewards it will be down to $0/month soon - a free phone plan should be your goal which is only possible here at Public Mobile.

Because I use Wifi as much as possible and use Signal Private Messenger and Fongo, I never use more than 100MB each month. I use free text whenever I can, and for emergencies use Fongo and never use up my 100 outgoing minutes.

So, of your goal is to spend less money and have a usable cell phone too, Public is for you. If you don't want to worry about data and calling limits, you'll have to pay more for those conveniences.

@dave-420 wrote:

Time to change providers if i cant even make local calls  or call voicemakk

@dave-420 Why would you expect to be able to call local numbers if you have no minutes? I doubt any provider would let you do that.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dave-420 wrote:

You've been given two options for calling voicemail. And the $5 add-on comes to 1 cent per minute for 8 1/3 hours talk time. A great bargain for the limited plan(s).

dave-420

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dave-420 : It's not about "local calls". It's calling - period. I'm not sure other providers let you access voicemail without having the calling ability to do so. When you're out of minutes, all calls are "long distance".

Another option is a voip app like TextNow that also does calling.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@dave-420 wrote:

I recently changed from the $50 plan to the $15 plan. I had problems with the transfer of the plans and then it got resolved. Then i was using my servive and all was good until i hit the limit of calls.. and now when i make a y call it says it cannot go thru becausr its ling distance which is actaully a local number.  Even when i call to check my voicemail it says the call cannot go thru because it is a long distance number.  What is thr point of this plan if you cannot even check your voicemail or make any local calls

@dave-420 Is the issue that you are out of minutes and can't check your voicemail? Checking voicemail uses minutes. Call yourself from another phone, when your greeting starts, press *, enter pin and voila, you are in. You can buy 500 CDN minutes for $5 that roll over month to month if not used up.

If it's not an out of minutes issue, try adding +1 to your numbers. That usually fixes the message.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@dave-420  It's limited to 100 outgoing minutes unless you buy the 500 minute add-on for $5. Login to your account, look under Data & Add-ons, if you do not see a line like xx/100 then you've used this 30 days allowance for outgoing calls.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.