cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$15 plan

kfixit
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am signed up for the $15 plan, I want to set up autopay BUT I dop not want any data (that comes when I auto pay) How do I make that happen?

9 REPLIES 9

@1vk wrote:

Disable your mobile data in mobile network settings, if the reason is you are afraid of over limit charge it will not happen. Your data simply stop working after your limit was used up.

@1vk please refer to my post immediately above yours why this isn't a good idea for most users.

1vk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Disable your mobile data in mobile network settings, if the reason is you are afraid of over limit charge it will not happen. Your data simply stop working after your limit was used up.

The suggestion to disable data is fine, if the subscriber doesn’t wish to send MMS.  MMS messages need data active, but do not consume data.

jonfirlotte
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I don't think you can remove the bonus data, but I wouldn't worry about it since there are no overages.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Or if you are getting it for somebody underage and don't want them to use data, just run couple of speed tests after every renewal.

Alternative thing is to ask how to disable it in apn settings 

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@hairbag1 wrote:

@RossN wrote:

@kfixit Hi I wouldnt worry about it just dont use it you will still get your 2 dollar autopay credit

You're entitled to the autopay credit if you use a valid credit card

on your account for future renwals. Even the $10 or $15 plans will get that credit if you use autopay. It's got nothing to do with any data.

PS...log into My Account ...click the Payment button and then Manage Autopay.

In the case of the $15 plan, data comes into the mix. When you sign up for auto pay, you get a bonus 250 mb per 30 days. The OP wanted to be excluded from the 250 mb. As others already said, OP, simply take the data and don't use it (or use it and don't worry about overages. It never hurts to have a bit of data). If you're really worried about data usage and don't need it, just disable the data connection on your phone. 

@RossN wrote:

@kfixit Hi I wouldnt worry about it just dont use it you will still get your 2 dollar autopay credit

You're entitled to the autopay credit if you use a valid credit card on your account for future renwals. Even the $10 or $15 plans will get that credit if you use autopay. It's got nothing to do with any data.

PS...log into My Account ...click the Payment button and then Manage Autopay.

And if you are worried about overages... Your in luck, no overages with PM. So just enable your data and MMS away!

RossN
Mayor / Maire

Need Help? Let's chat.