cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$15 plan - receiving calls from outside of home area

dstrai
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have seen some discussion on this plan offering unlimited incoming calls, but have not seen an answer to this question:  if I am outside of my home area but still within Canada, am I able to still receive unlimited incoming calls without them counting against the included 100 minutes? 

On other companies' plans, receiving calls while roaming within Canada would cause long distance charges to apply.  I am looking for confirmation that unlimited incoming still works even while roaming within Canada.

10 REPLIES 10

I’ve been here for 3 years.  Province wide calling plan.  I receive calls from the US, and elsewhere in Canada. No other fees.  If I want to call out of my current province or territory, I use an LD plan addon.

Unlimited incoming calls means just that.  No extra charges.  Wherever you are connected to the Telus and Bell shared network.

@dstrai hi now I don't feel I am in the leaque of the other folks who replied to you post but if you can't take their word for it then maybe you should direct all your questions to a moderator

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Public Mobile runs on a national network.  There are no roaming charges to speak of.  If the phone is connected to the network, it will work.  As always with phone calls, long distance charges may be assessed against the calling party.  My legacy plan has only province wide calling.  My "home province" so to speak roams with my movement within the country.  Long distance charges apply when I call outside the province where I am making the call.  I never pay to pick up a call.  

@dstrai wrote:

Thanks for your replies - it seems like people think that unlimited incoming will work no matter where I am in Canada without causing long distance charges.  I'm fairly new to the Public Mobile community.  Can I rely on the replies here, or should I also look for 'official' confirmation from a mod?

@dstrai There are no LD or any other extra charges with Public Mobile. You pre pay for your plan upfront and that's it. If calling around around the world works for you it's called a bonus. In your case receiving incoming calls from anywhere in the world while you are in Canada is included free and doesn't count against your plan minutes. Bank it!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dstrai wrote:

Thanks for your replies - it seems like people think that unlimited incoming will work no matter where I am in Canada without causing long distance charges.  I'm fairly new to the Public Mobile community.  Can I rely on the replies here, or should I also look for 'official' confirmation from a mod?

We are of course just other customers like you but

all plans work for all services while IN Canada.

And besides...there are NO additional charges here. You pay up front for what you wish to use.

@dstrai yea you can beleive it it's true Smiley LOL

dstrai
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@dstrai that's one of the great features of PM it won't count against your limit!!

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@dstrai  yes you will still receive incoming calls free they will not count towards your 100 minutes

Need Help? Let's chat.