cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$15 plan question

VictorB
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I signed up on the $15 plan over a month ago, and at the time I was offered 250MB of data + Bonus 250MB of data when using autopay. So I signed up for autopay to get 500MB total per month.

Has the plan changed recently? Is the 250MB of data no longer offered? Now you can only get 250MB of data TOTAL per month when using autopay? Is this correct?

Would this only apply to someone who signs up for the $15 plan now? I would still receive 500MB per month because I signed up before? Is this correct?

Thank you.......

12 REPLIES 12

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

^I am almost certain OP is mistaken. 

@VictorB wrote:

Yeah, definitely not advertised well so to speak. I only saw it when browsing plans on the web-site, it just happened to be the right time. I wonder how long they had that promotion? 3 days, 1 week, 2 weeks?

That's interesting and if that is the case you certainly got a great deal. 

But as others have mentioned I don't ever remember seeing a $15 plan with 250+250 mb, and I usually check the plans page almost everyday.  So if there was some sort of special then it would have been only available for a few hours at the most.  I only remember the earlier version of the $15 plan did not have unlimited incoming calls.

So I would be really interested to see your overview screenshot too (minus personal info), if you don't mind sharing, as suggested earlier.

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@VictorB wrote:

I signed up on the $15 plan over a month ago, and at the time I was offered 250MB of data + Bonus 250MB of data when using autopay. So I signed up for autopay to get 500MB total per month.

Has the plan changed recently? Is the 250MB of data no longer offered? Now you can only get 250MB of data TOTAL per month when using autopay? Is this correct?

Would this only apply to someone who signs up for the $15 plan now? I would still receive 500MB per month because I signed up before? Is this correct?

Thank you.......

Are you sure about this?  As far as I know or remember the $15 plan never had 500 mb data with Auto Pay.    From my recollection it was no Data but if you signed up for Automatic Pay you would get 250mb data

YVR
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The current $15 plan has no data except for a auto-pay bonus of 250mb per 30 days. 

That gives this plan a total of 250mb if using autopay.

Did you ever have 500mb with your plan?

shaynecai
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@VictorB wrote:

Thank you.......

i just active my $15 plan, only 250MB of data available.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@VictorB wrote:

Yeah, definitely not advertised well so to speak. I only saw it when browsing plans on the web-site, it just happened to be the right time. I wonder how long they had that promotion? 3 days, 1 week, 2 weeks?

I have no recollection of this promo either. For us curious types, would you be willing to provide a screen snip of your overview page. Blank out personal info of course.

VictorB

@VictorB 

Thanks for the update.  You got a good deal then.  That promo was not advertised well, or I would have switch also....  Smiley Happy

Edit:  the original plan offered just 250 MB as the autopay bonus.  

VictorB

No, not at a kiosk. I saw the promotion online last month, not that long ago. So I changed the current plan I had to the $15 a month plan (during the month of August).

VictorB

Thanks, that's what I figured. I wanted to sign up someone else on the same plan, but they would only receive 250MB of data per month now unfortunately.

@VictorB 

Interesting, where did you sign up for this promotion?  At one of the PM kiosks?  

It was not advertised on the community forum.  But, you should be grandfathered for now as long as you are on autopay.  All new customers will only get the 250 MB data.  

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You would receive 500 MB of data.  You must have signed up during a promotion.  The current plan only offers 250 MB bonus.

Need Help? Let's chat.