cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$15 plan and out of minutes. How do I get more ASAP?

cyclet
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Title says it all. 

21 REPLIES 21

Okay good... wondering if they had addressed that. Makes sense for the switch to test plans beginning at the one with the least capability until one is found that can can complete the particular call.

Thanks.... Terry

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AE_Collector wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

"M"?? I think AE_Collector is digging into specific semantics. Ok. That's cool.

Yes trying to determine if the $8 or $15 plan for calling USA was what was meant by “LD Plan” or the $5/500 minute plan which can be referred to as a LD Plan as well. I hadn’t considered that the $8 or $15 US add on would solve the problem of having run out of outgoing Canada minutes.  I pictured it still not using that add on if your call attempt wasn’t going outside of Canada just like it works (isn’t used) when you still have local outgoing minutes available for local or Canada calling. Listening.... Learming.... Listening...

Terry

All three add-ons can call Canada. If you're out of plan minutes or only have province-wide then relevant calls will use either of those add-ons.

It has been announced that if you have multiple add-ons then the order will be 1) plan, 2) 500, 3) 200, 4) 400.

Edit: presumably...US calls will be 1) plan (just 1 or BYO), 2) 200, 3) 400

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes trying to determine if the $8 or $15 plan for calling USA was what was meant by “LD Plan” or the $5/500 minute plan which can be referred to as a LD Plan as well. I hadn’t considered that the $8 or $15 US add on would solve the problem of having run out of outgoing Canada minutes.  I pictured it still not using that add on if your call attempt wasn’t going outside of Canada just like it works (isn’t used) when you still have local outgoing minutes available for local or Canada calling. Listening.... Learming.... Listening...

Terry

Anonymous
Not applicable

@stonechucker wrote:

@AE_Collector, the $5/500 is Long Distance 'Canada-Wide'.  On limited use plans, it's used to make more 'minutes' when you run out.  All the LD plans ($5, $8, and $15) can do this, but the $5 is Canada only, $8 is +US, $15 is +16 other countries.

This isn't supposed to be rocket science.  Unfortunately, M doesn't really explain things in simple language.

@AE_Collector, the $5/500 is Long Distance 'Canada-Wide'.  On limited use plans, it's used to make more 'minutes' when you run out.  All the LD plans ($5, $8, and $15) can do this, but the $5 is Canada only, $8 is +US, $15 is +16 other countries.

This isn't supposed to be rocket science.  Unfortunately, PM doesn't really explain things in simple language.

Post edited, thanks z10.  Stupid keyboarding... lol

@stonechucker  “adding LD minutes” or adding the $5/500 Canada minutes plan?

Terry

You need to remember, the ORIGINAL $15 didn't have unlimited incoming calls.  If the subscriber is still on the original $15 plan, they need to upgrade to the now current $15 plan.  This will allow incoming calls, and use all 'minutes' for outgoing only.

The original $15 plan used 100 minutes for both in and out calls.  This is why adding LD minutes *should work* and does on the $10 plan (as referenced by @Anonymous) and *should* on the $15 (either of them) the same.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AE_Collector wrote:

But the difference here with the $15 plan compared to the $10 plan is that an incoming call shouldn’t tap into the add on minutes. Incoming is unlimited on the $15 plan but not the $10 plan. All info indicates that the $5/500 add on will work as intended for outgoing calls once your 100 minute outgoing allotment is exhausted. BUT, given the extra complication on only the $15 plan (unlimited incoming coupled with limited outgoing), the newness of the $5 add on and several other glitches with the $15 plan when it launched all make me curious to hear that everything works properly!

Terry

You're right with the subtle distinction. We know that a call will just drop when whichever plan minutes are done. I know I've gone through the 50 minutes at least another time. (I barely use my phone) I don't recall if it was out or in when it went over.

For the 100 out, I would be confident that it would flip seamlessly to an add-on. But you're right, no actual experience.

But the difference here with the $15 plan compared to the $10 plan is that an incoming call shouldn’t tap into the add on minutes. Incoming is unlimited on the $15 plan but not the $10 plan. All info indicates that the $5/500 add on will work as intended for outgoing calls once your 100 minute outgoing allotment is exhausted. BUT, given the extra complication on only the $15 plan (unlimited incoming coupled with limited outgoing), the newness of the $5 add on and several other glitches with the $15 plan when it launched all make me curious to hear that everything works properly! I think this is what @Tammy3 @wanted to confirm in her previous post..

Terry

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tammy3 wrote:

I too would like to confirm that the 5$/500 minutes starts for outgoing calls once the 100 minutes is exhausted.

@Tammy3 

I know the thread title is about the $15 plan but I'm on the $10 plan with only 50 minutes total. I had the 200 minute add-on on hand. I took a call that exhausted the remaining 50 minutes and the call continued seamlessly. Afterwards, I saw that it had taken from the 200 minute pot. I would be quite certain that the 500 would work the same.

@Tammy3 wrote:

I too would like to confirm that the 5$/500 minutes starts for outgoing calls once the 100 minutes is exhausted.

@Tammy3  Yes, that is correct.

Tammy3
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

bridonca
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

All the replies above are great options.  I have one more.   Use google hangouts dialer more.  You can use your data for that or wifi when available, and google hangouts dialer can spoof your cell phone number, so the receiving party caller id recognises your number.  You can then use your 100 outgoing minutes for more important calls.

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@stonechucker ya i was just doing the math now, 1cent a minute that's amazing.  As soon as I saw this I'm like definitely getting my mom switced over now, lol.  Hopefully this add-on will be here to stay and is not temporary.

@dna2016, it was inside an announcement, within the last 2 weeks.  It's a nice little addition.

There was an issue where these minutes were not being used if you had a previous $8 or $15 LD plan..but has since been resolved.

$5/500 minutes is 1 cent/minute.  Not a bad deal at all.  That's VoIP calling prices.

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@RossN WHAT THE........When did this $5 Canada Wide Add-on start.  Did PM even announce this add-on?  I only remember there being the $8 & $15.  Did I just happen to miss this announcement or was PM just being all sneaky about it.

But isn’t that likely the plan the OP is already on and ran out of outgoing minutes? The only way to just renew the plan early (paying the $15 renewal right now to start the 100 outgoing minute timer over again) is to do it through a moderator I believe. Unless it is some old grandfathered $15 plan but switching away would mean not going back if a plan no longer offered.

But yes, switching right now to say the $25 plan gets unlimited in and out calls for the next 30 days along with 1 Gb of data. If you want back to the current $15 plan afterwards you should future date a change back to it immediately after starting the $25 plan on the off chance the $15 plan is eliminated by PM over the next month. That would guarantee you can get back to it even if it were eliminated.

It would be interesting to confirm that the $5/500 minute add on works properly with the $15 plan, IE: it only uses the add on minutes for outgoing once the 100 minutes are exhausted and doesn’t get used for incoming minutes. If it works properly that add on would be good for many people with the $15 plan to have just in case since it would last for months or even years until its minutes are used up!

Terry

selva1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

That is best choice for this situation. Good answer.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Or change to a plan with more minutes. The 15$ plan has 100 mins and free incoming and 250 MG data if I recall. 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

get the 5 dollar add on 500 minutes stays on your account until used up

Need Help? Let's chat.