cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$15 plan and data add-ons clarification wanted

buntaeiji
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi all,

I'm currently on Public Mobile's dated $135/90-day + unlimited provincial talk + 6GB LTE data plan. I'm thinking of adjusting my plan based on my needs, as in:

1. I prefer Canada-wide talk, but don't need that many minutes;

2. I only need an average of about 1GB data per month;

3. I need data at LTE speed.

I think the new $15 plan with data add-ons works the best for me. According to the plan, I can have 100 minutes Canada-wide talk, and it costs $15 for 1GB data add-on, which makes it a total of $30/month.

Now my biggest concern is that if I switch to the new plans, I can't go back to the old plans with LTE data (all new plans have data at 3G speed). According to the terms and condition, "Data Add-Ons to supplement a Data Plan will be provisioned at the data speed selected in your plan. If you have a Talk and/or Text Plan only with no data, the Data Add-Ons available to you will be defaulted to 4G LTE speed." However, the $15 plan offers bonus 250MB data with AutoPay.

So my question is: is the $15 plan considered a talk and text only plan? Will it work with the data add-ons as I expect at LTE speed? If so, I can choose not to use AutoPay, so there won't be any data included in the plan, and my data add-on can be defaulted to LTE speed.

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4

If 1 Gb of data every 30 days meets your needs... I don’t think that you will notice that it is throttled to 3Mb speed. So may as well go with the $25 / 1Gb plan unless you expect to regularly be a fair bit (or byte?) below 1 Gb / 30 days in which case you may average less than $25 / 30 days on the $15 plan using add-ons due to unused portion of data rolling over until completely used.

AE_Collector

@buntaeiji 

All variants of the $15 plan include data only at 3Mbps speeds when connecting to the LTE network. I also believe that @Alan_K  confirmed this previously, although I do not recall where that message post is. 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

I think it is considered part of the plan as people who have not registered for autopay have received this data as well.  It is probably a way for PM to just provide data for the add-on at the 3G speed (unless you have a grandfathered full speed LTE Plan)  What is it that you NEED full speed LTE.  Personally, I haven't heard complaints about the throttled speed of this plan

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@buntaeiji wrote:

Hi all,

I'm currently on Public Mobile's dated $135/90-day + unlimited provincial talk + 6GB LTE data plan. I'm thinking of adjusting my plan based on my needs, as in:

1. I prefer Canada-wide talk, but don't need that many minutes;

2. I only need an average of about 1GB data per month;

3. I need data at LTE speed.

I think the new $15 plan with data add-ons works the best for me. According to the plan, I can have 100 minutes Canada-wide talk, and it costs $15 for 1GB data add-on, which makes it a total of $30/month.

Now my biggest concern is that if I switch to the new plans, I can't go back to the old plans with LTE data (all new plans have data at 3G speed). According to the terms and condition, "Data Add-Ons to supplement a Data Plan will be provisioned at the data speed selected in your plan. If you have a Talk and/or Text Plan only with no data, the Data Add-Ons available to you will be defaulted to 4G LTE speed." However, the $15 plan offers bonus 250MB data with AutoPay.

So my question is: is the $15 plan considered a talk and text only plan? Will it work with the data add-ons as I expect at LTE speed? If so, I can choose not to use AutoPay, so there won't be any data included in the plan, and my data add-on can be defaulted to LTE speed.

Thank you!

@buntaeiji hello you will get lte throtted to 3g you won't be able to go back to your old plan sorry 

Need Help? Let's chat.