cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

15$ plan - Incoming Minutes

chrisco
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm a new PM user since December 2019. Everything work fine, but I realized this week, while working from home, that incoming calls count in my minutes usage even if my plan say I got Unlimited Incoming Minutes. The used amount shows 24min even if I no outgoing call, only incoming. Any idea why?

Thank you!

plan.pngdata.pngusage.png

12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@nehawadhera wrote:

Oh but i have not made any outgoing and it is showing X/100 used. I remember those X were the incoming as it is barely 2 days on PM for me. Is this how the usage information works but isn't that mis-guiding?

Using your phone to check voicemail will use your minutes.

How long have you had the plan? When it first came out last year, it was 100 minutes all. Then a few months later they changed it to 100 minutes outgoing. Your Plan Details should mention unlimited incoming if you're on the current one. If it doesn't say that then you're still on the original one.

nehawadhera
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Oh but i have not made any outgoing and it is showing X/100 used. I remember those X were the incoming as it is barely 2 days on PM for me. Is this how the usage information works but isn't that mis-guiding?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@nehawadhera wrote:

Great thanks!! So even if i do not make any outgoing, after 100 minutes of talk time (both incoming+outgoing), i will not be able to make any outgoing.

Not both. Just outgoing. You have 100 minutes outgoing. If the person you wish to speak to has unlimited calling then call or text them and have them call you back. Talk all day without a worry. You have unlimited incoming.

nehawadhera

Great thanks!! So even if i do not make any outgoing, after 100 minutes of talk time (both incoming+outgoing), i will not be able to make any outgoing.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@nehawadhera wrote:

I see minutes being used on incoming and outgoing, so my question is what will happen when i consume all my minutes? The plan says unlimited incoming, 

1) will I be able to receive incoming calls for free?

2) Will I be able to make calls with pay per use charge?

1. as included in the plan yes

2. no pay per use here

If you have called out and are on the call at the time of running out of the outgoing minutes then the call will drop.

Get the $5 500 minute add-on. It's a great add-on for limited minute plans.

nehawadhera

I see minutes being used on incoming and outgoing, so my question is what will happen when i consume all my minutes? The plan says unlimited incoming, 

1) will I be able to receive incoming calls for free?

2) Will I be able to make calls with pay per use charge?

chrisco
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Ok, looks like a display bug. If I select a time period (let say the last 3 weeks), hit view usage history and sort calls by duration or call type, it still show for the last 7 days and 2 pages of details. If I click on the 2nd page, 8 more appears will appear, with some outgoing calls (24min). So depending on where I click and in which order, I get different results.

I had to browse through all the pages in order to sort them correctly

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@chrisco 

The detailed history will show all calls and how many minutes were used.  But the last column "Charge" determine whether you were charged against your plan minutes.

You can also monitor the minute usage line on the overview page.

I have the $15 plan also.  My minutes usage line shows that I used 21 outgoing minutes out of my 100 plan minutes.  Please note that if you do not see the plan minutes usage line = you had used all your 100 plan minutes for the current cycle.

• Data & Add-OnsAmount Used
    $0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 1GB Add-on
    140.206  /  1024 MB
    $0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 400min INTL Long Distance (incl CA & US)
    1  /  400 MIN
    100 Minutes Canada-Wide Talk
    21  /  100 MIN
    1GB Promo
    102.004  /  1024 MB
    250 MB at 3G speed
    12.542  /  250 MB
    500 min Canada-Wide Long Distance
    133  /  500 MIN

@chrisco  here's an article on what counts against your minutes, if you are on the $15 plan as I am.  https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/limited-talk-and-text-plans

The 31 minutes of incoming calls rounded to the nearest minute shown in your screenshot aren't  counted against your 100 minutes.

To save more, add the TextNow voip app and use it via Wifi to make / receive / send calls and texts in Canada and to the United States for free. You can also use it as I do to check my voicemail from my own phone without using the minutes from the PM plan. Simply dial your PM phone number - reject the call when it rings (this sends the call to voicemail) - press the * key to allow you to enter your password. - enter - and you are in your voicemail account - Hang up when you are finished. No minutes used. 

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@chrisco check your second page of history. If there is no outgoing calls, then, contact mods:  send private message: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

You must look at ALL  pages of your transactions. I see your incoming is approx. 29 minutes and the “charge” says $00.00 BUT your summary shows 24 minutes. 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@chrisco wrote:

I'm a new PM user since December 2019. Everything work fine, but I realized this week, while working from home, that incoming calls count in my minutes usage even if my plan say I got Unlimited Incoming Minutes. The used amount shows 24min even if I no outgoing call, only incoming. Any idea why?

Thank you!

plan.pngdata.pngusage.png

It shows how long the calls are but I don't see it counting towards your minutes used, if it did you would have used 31 minutes not just 24 as it is calculated to the next minute.  So 12:02 would be 13 minutes

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.