cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$15 plan (100 CDN minutes) - Buy add-on 500 ($5) -- what happens in month #2?

jb1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just purchased the $15 plan (unlimited incoming, 100 mins outgoing Canada).

If I purchase the add-on 500 minutes ($5), how are the minutes used up?

e.g. If I use 200 minutes in month #1, and 90 minutes in month #2, is this how the minutes get applied....

- Month #1: first 100 minutes are pulled from my plan. The next 100 minutes are pulled from the add-on. At the end of the month, I would have 400 minutes remaining in the add-on.

- Month #2: are the 90 minutes pulled from my plan, or do they continue to get pulled from the add-on? (I would guess it would come from the plan first, but wanted to check.) In other words, at the end of the month, do I have 10 minutes unused from the plan (and they would disappear) and 400 minutes on the add-on, or would I have 310 minutes on the add-on?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MandyJ wrote:

@jb1 wrote:

Thanks. I was sure how it worked for the first month 🙂

But for the second month (I'm on Autopay so it'll keep going), I wanted to confirm that it would use the 'new' 100 outgoing minutes first before using any of the remaining 400 add-on minutes.  Is that indeed how it behaves? (I would expect it would, but I've learned not to assume :-))

The order that things are used up, is first from your plan, and then from the add-on. So if you don't max out your plan minutes for the cycle, then you won't even dip into your add-on at all. 🙂

And then the order of add-on use is 1) 500, 2) 200, 3) 400. Or 1) 200, 2) 400. Or of course finally if anywhere other than Canada/US the 400.

Or so they say.

The add-ons make the basic $10 plan totally inexpensive and flexible for ones use. Unless your teenage daughter spends hours everyday talking. Wait...do the kids talk on phones anymore? 🙂

They just need to implement a texting add-on... but not critical.

ZfromVanC
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Add ons are used up after your plan minutes are depleted. Any extra add on minutes carry over to the next month.

MandyJ
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@jb1 wrote:

But for the second month (I'm on Autopay so it'll keep going), I wanted to confirm that it would use the 'new' 100 outgoing minutes first before using any of the remaining 400 add-on minutes.  Is that indeed how it behaves? (I would expect it would, but I've learned not to assume :-))

The order that things are used up, is first from your plan, and then from the add-on. So if you don't max out your plan minutes for the cycle, then you won't even dip into your add-on at all. 🙂

jb1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@jb1 First of all, your plan has untlimtied incoming and 100 minutes for outgoing to be used first. If you have 200 minutes used in the month after you buy the add-on 500 minutes, You will have 400 minutes left in your account. The add-on won't be kicked in until your currect plan used up the limitation. Basically the add-on won't expired except you left PM and the remaining won't be refunded. 

Need Help? Let's chat.