cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$15 Plans & the Canada-wide add-on

susanjm
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I activated the $15 Province-wide plan a few weeks ago and purchased the $5 for 500 Canada-wide minutes add-on. I was kind of ticked off that the $15 Canada-wide plan was no longer available because I make very few calls within Ontario; most of my calls are to my mother in Québec. So I'm happy that the plan I wanted has returned and I've set myself up to switch to the $15 Canada-wide plan on my renewal next week. (I've used 79 minutes of my add-on by the way. Usually it would be more but Mum has been calling me 🙂

I do have a small problem though. Due to some unusual circumstances, I ended up using a LOT of provincial minutes. So many that I may run out before my plan renews.

So what I'm wondering is if I run out of provincial minutes will I just dip into my Canada add-on minutes?

sjm

10 REPLIES 10

susanjm

.@darlicious

Absolutely correct!

@susanjm 

Well you didn't get what you were promised in their advertising. Did you purchase the $5/500min add on? If you did then asking for a credit is reasonable given the main purpose was to call your mom who is out of province so only having province wide calling "forced" you to purchase it when your 100 outgoing plan minutes had they been Canada wide would have been sufficient....ahem....right?

susanjm

@darlicious wrote:

@susanjm 

Well that's an interesting tidbit that had I known that at the time of your sign up I would have suggested you ask for a complimentary $5/500 min add on as compensation for advertising a plan that was ultimately unavailable. Two of my referrals were successful in getting the same compensation when their scheduled plan changes were inexplicably cancelled forcing them to have the province -wide $15 plan instead.

Dang! Actually I think I have a transcript of that conversation ... might be worth a try anyway!

@susanjm 

Well that's an interesting tidbit that had I known that at the time of your sign up I would have suggested you ask for a complimentary $5/500 min add on as compensation for advertising a plan that was ultimately unavailable. Two of my referrals were successful in getting the same compensation when their scheduled plan changes were inexplicably cancelled forcing them to have the province -wide $15 plan instead.

susanjm

@darlicious wrote:

Funny how after all of the wondering about how the province wide calling would work etc....just as quickly pm reverses its decision. We had previously discussed fongo so just a reminder about using it to call your voicemail so as to not use outgoing minutes. Pm will also send you a reminder text when you are down to your last 10 included plan minutes.

It's interesting. About a month ago (before we signed up) I saw an ad on my phone for the $15 Canada-wide plan. This was well after it had stopped being available. Checked it out and decided it was perfect. DH went to sign up - no such thing. He didn't care so he signed up for the province-wide. I thought it was odd and happened to still have the plan page open. Pushed it to my laptop, cleared cache and cookies, rebooted - link still worked. So when I went to sign up I asked about it and was told it was no longer available and they would contact the appropriate people to have the page taken down.

But the link never stopped working. My theory - they planned to bring it back or thought they might bring it back. So I wasn't surprised. I was planning to share this at some point but before I could they did!

sjm

(PS Dar - I signed up for Fongo as soon as you mentioned it!)

@mimmo wrote:

@esjliv this I believe is  a very easy  question and solution. I believe there is  no real  need to suggest messaging moderators.  Contacting Mods should be reccomded when it is account related and can not be answered in community. 

E X A C T L Y!!! The solution is to buy another $5 add on "if" the existing add on runs out.   Why do some members here just jump to contact a MOD vs perhaps not responding and let another MORE knowledgable member respond with a suitable solution? If you are on the $15 plan it is a good idea to have 2 x the $5 add on just for insurance and when one is used up then by another. And if you are lucky..you might get one or two of them free. 

@susanjm 

Funny how after all of the wondering about how the province wide calling would work etc....just as quickly pm reverses its decision. We had previously discussed fongo so just a reminder about using it to call your voicemail so as to not use outgoing minutes. Pm will also send you a reminder text when you are down to your last 10 included plan minutes.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@esjliv this I believe is  a very easy  question and solution. I believe there is  no real  need to suggest messaging moderators.  Contacting Mods should be reccomded when it is account related and can not be answered in community.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@susanjm wrote:

I activated the $15 Province-wide plan a few weeks ago and purchased the $5 for 500 Canada-wide minutes add-on. I was kind of ticked off that the $15 Canada-wide plan was no longer available because I make very few calls within Ontario; most of my calls are to my mother in Québec. So I'm happy that the plan I wanted has returned and I've set myself up to switch to the $15 Canada-wide plan on my renewal next week. (I've used 79 minutes of my add-on by the way. Usually it would be more but Mum has been calling me 🙂

I do have a small problem though. Due to some unusual circumstances, I ended up using a LOT of provincial minutes. So many that I may run out before my plan renews.

So what I'm wondering is if I run out of provincial minutes will I just dip into my Canada add-on minutes?

sjm

@susanjm Congrats on noticing the plan change! I think some customer's who activated on the Provincial Only calling plans my never realize it and by stuck with Provincial unwittingly. 

You could always inquire about your situation with the Moderators, maybe they can assist is some way. Add another $5 addon or a little something something, who knows!?

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them:

1 -  Faster Method - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right hand side of your screen, or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower Method - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@susanjm : Yes. And then when you change to the Canada-wide, they'll be there for when you go over the 100 minutes too.

Need Help? Let's chat.