cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$15 Plan

parth5678
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Question about my $15 plan. It said I would get $5 off. Is the plan originally $20 and I am getting $5 off for 8 months or is it $15 and $5 off for 8 months.

Also is evening and weekends free? or do I only get 100 min a month and unlimited incoming 

Also how do I get the $ 5 off ? 

21 REPLIES 21

Smnewt
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I simply added the 500 minutes of outgoing calls, they will carry over month to month until used up. I text the kids when I want to speak to them and they phone me. 

Dolphin1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@parth5678 wrote:

Thank you. Also, I have 100 min and 250 data - Will it ever go over and overcharge me? Or will it just stop if I pass 100 min or 250 data 

There are no overage charges.  You cannot go over as the service will stop working.  For example if you use you 100 minutes before the 30 days is up you cannot make out going calls unless you buy an add on.

@popping wrote:

SIMon says call forwarding uses minutes.

CallForward.JPG

True for the old $10 and $15 plans, not for the current $15 plan. Guess they need to update that... Especially since there are no current plans that consume incoming minutes.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Nezgar wrote:

- All call forwarding does not use minutes

SIMon says call forwarding uses minutes.

CallForward.JPG

@popping wrote:

@Nezgar wrote:

Some interesting (unofficial) quirks with the current $15 plan:

Off-Topic

Interesting... Anyone can confirm this.  I only have 50 incoming and outgoing minutes per 30 days cycle.  I will try this at the end of my current cycle with the unused minutes.

I used to configure my phone to call forward my calls to my Fongo number

1.  when my phone is off  

2.  when I do not answer

3.  when I on another call

I configure my Fongo account to forward the voice recording to my email inbox.

I can listen to my voice mail in any order I like without calling my voice mail #.

I called my system as poor men visual voicemail.

The no-longer offered $10 plan you mention will indeed support call forwarding & conditional call forwarding as you describe, but "unconditional" call forwarding I believe would consume your minutes, and "conditional" call forwarding would not. (Not sure about that! you'll have to verify.)

freephoneline.ca will work as a poor mans visual voicemail, because you get a dedicated phone number to forward to.

other services which 'share' a deposit phone number, for example the free version of YouMail, will not because testing has shown (at least with the $15 plan) that the "OCN" (Originally called number) is not received from Public Mobile when they receive the call, so they cannot tell what voicemail box to associate the call to.

popping

@Nezgar wrote:

Off-Topic

Interesting... Anyone can confirm this.  I only have 50 incoming and outgoing minutes per 30 days cycle.  I will try this at the end of my current cycle with the unused minutes.

I used to configure my phone to call forward my calls to my Fongo number

1.  when my phone is off  

2.  when I do not answer

3.  when I on another call

I configure my Fongo account to forward the voice recording to my email inbox.

I can listen to my voice mail in any order I like without calling my voice mail #.

I called my system as poor men visual voicemail.

When your data runs out, you can even still continue sending/receiving MMS/picture messages as much as you want. You will get a warning text at 75% and 95% of data consumed. At 100% it just stops working. No risk of 'overage' charges at all. (Fantastic peace of mind for parents for kids phones!!!)

- Calls to toll free numbers do not consume minutes. (Ie 800 844 855 866 877 888)

- Calls to check voicemail from your mobile DO consume minutes, but you can avoid this by dialing your cel # from a land line and press *, or dial one of the access numbers directly to avoid ringing your phone. Or the land line is in a different calling area than your mobile number: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/access-voice-mail-out-of-home...

- Public Mobile rounds up minutes to the next whole minute, from the time the call started ringing, not when the call is answered. If you hang up before the call is answered, no airtime is incurred.

- calls to 611 do not consume airtime.

Thats all for my brain dump from messing around with the $15 plan for now. Smiley Very Happy

@Jb456 wrote:

@parth5678 wrote:

last question. I used a friend code to sign up. Do I also get $10 or only them?

Within 72 hours it will be applied to your account.

And to add to that, yes, you get $10 on your account, but your friend doesn't get $10, and instead gets $1/30days, for every billing cycle that you stay as a PM customer.

@parth5678 wrote:

Within 72 hours it will be applied to your account.

Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂

parth5678

@parth5678 wrote:

Thank you. Also, I have 100 min and 250 data - Will it ever go over and overcharge me? Or will it just stop if I pass 100 min or 250 data 

Never over charge. You pay for what you get.

It will just stop.

No extra charges - it just stops, BUT you can still text all you want, and yap FOR HOURS, via someone calling you.

parth5678

popping

@CannonFodder wrote:

@popping wrote:

@gblackma wrote:

@popping I think that @parth5678 is referring to the Lunar promotion . @Jb456 answers the question.

OP is asking about the Lunar promotion specific to the $15 plan.  I posted the link the $15 plan and the promo details about the when OP will get the $5 credit.

Except that you said the OP would get a $15 credit..... re-read your own post.

Good catch.  Thanks.  corrected.

@popping I think the bit that confused me about your answer is the highlighted portion.

@popping wrote:

@parth5678 wrote:

Question about my $15 plan. It said I would get $5 off. Is the plan originally $20 and I am getting $5 off for 8 months or is it $15 and $5 off for 8 months.

Also is evening and weekends free? or do I only get 100 min a month and unlimited incoming 

It is a $15 plan, not $20 plan 

You will get the $15 credit to your account within 30 days after activation.

Read the promo details

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans/15for250MB-3Gspeed

"Activate on a $15 or $25 plan and receive $5 off for 8 months. Credit will be automatically applied to eligible rate plans"

@popping wrote:

@gblackma wrote:

@popping I think that @parth5678 is referring to the Lunar promotion . @Jb456 answers the question.

OP is asking about the Lunar promotion specific to the $15 plan.  I posted the link the $15 plan and the promo details about the when OP will get the $5 credit.

Except that you said the OP would get a $15 credit..... re-read your own post.... obviously a typo, and probably @gblackma  thought you were talking about the promo to get a free month, i.e. $15 credit for the 2nd month of service.

popping

@gblackma wrote:

OP is asking about the Lunar promotion specific to the $15 plan.  I posted the link for the $15 plan and the promo details about the when OP will get the $5 credit.

@parth5678   And, if you find that 100 outgoing minutes is just not enough, you can always add the $5/500mins. add-on, and those minutes don't expire, and stay in your account 'til you use them up.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

No the plan is $15 discount $5 making it $10 for pay period 2 to 9. First pay is full price .add autopayment for another $2 off bringing it to $8.

No the phone 100 minutes is all day no nights weekends free.. it's for outgoing calls..all incoming is free.

Also it's not a month. Plans are 30 days.

Terms of promo.

• This offer is availble for a limited time as of January 20th 2020 12:00AM ET 
  • Eligible customers will receive a credit for months 2-9, then resume paying full price from month 10 and onwards. Credit is non-refundable and non-redeemable for cash.
  • The first credit will be applied to all eligible accounts within 30 days of activation. Remaining credits will be applied prior to each renewal date.
  • You will also be able to see the credits you’ve received by logging in to Self-Serve.
  • If you switch your rate plan, OR fall into a suspend or inactive state while on the promotion, you will no longer be eligible for this promotion.

popping

@parth5678 wrote:

It is a $15 plan, not $20 plan 

You will get the $5 credit to your account within 30 days after activation.

Read the promo details

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans/15for250MB-3Gspeed

"Activate on a $15 or $25 plan and receive $5 off for 8 months. Credit will be automatically applied to eligible rate plans"

Need Help? Let's chat.