cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$15 Plan, unlimited incoming is not activated...

colvonquack
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I changed over to the $15 100minute/unlimited text plan a few months back before it had unlimited incoming calling.

I figured it was logical at some point this would be added to this plan and I was checking the plans recently, sure enough it was. My bill just cycled and I did a test and an incoming call used a minute.

Do I have to manually change my plan to get the unlimited incoming or can somebody do this for me?

19 REPLIES 19

jimbobs
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@jimbobs wrote:

@jimbobs wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

Usage will never cost you funds from your Public Mobile account balance.  Since the incoming didn't use up any of your minutes, that's definitely a good sign.  Note that it doesn't matter for you where someone is calling you from.

Now I have to admit to being confused again!  Is there a way to check if I have unlimited incoming minutes?

Never mind.  I figured it out and have changed my plan effective from my next renewal date. 

After the plan change as mentioned above, my plan is now described as:

• This plan includes: -
  • - 100 Minutes Canada-Wide Talk + Unlimited Incoming Minutes
  • - 250 MB at 3G speed
  • - Unlimited International Text

No ambiguity there.  Thanks all.

jimbobs

@jimbobs wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

Usage will never cost you funds from your Public Mobile account balance.  Since the incoming didn't use up any of your minutes, that's definitely a good sign.  Note that it doesn't matter for you where someone is calling you from.

Now I have to admit to being confused again!  Is there a way to check if I have unlimited incoming minutes?

Never mind.  I figured it out and have changed my plan effective from my next renewal date. 

jimbobs

@computergeek541 wrote:

@jimbobs wrote:

@jimbobs wrote:

While I understand what you are saying about the negatives of unrequested changes to a plan, the incoming calls feature of the $15 plan is one I did not think I would have to manually change.  Like OP, I also assumed it was automatic.  Anyway, I'm going to make the change now.

Just reviewed my account and saw that a 41 minute incoming call from the US cost me $0 so I guess I'm already on the free incoming call plan. I guess I can afford to be more patient with the Chinese CRA callers and/or the duct cleaners in the future 🙂

jimbobs

@jimbobs wrote:

While I understand what you are saying about the negatives of unrequested changes to a plan, the incoming calls feature of the $15 plan is one I did not think I would have to manually change.  Like OP, I also assumed it was automatic.  Anyway, I'm going to make the change now.

Just reviewed my account and saw that a 41 minute incoming call from the US cost me $0 so I guess I'm already on the free incoming call plan. I guess I can afford to be more patient with the Chinese CRA callers and/or the duct cleaners in the future 🙂

@SD08 wrote:

I doubt that posts are manually assessed by PM as opposed to the rewards being automatically tallied.  So moderators don't have enough work to do in a support queue that takes days, and they'll spend time combing through all the posts from everyone to assess their quality?  Priorities...

PM's formula for assessing contribution rewards is kept secret to minimize the gaming.  We cannot know for sure how each statistic fits into their formula. Members should just help out with their knowledge where they can as their time allows and let the system do the counting at the end of the month.

From what I've seen, it's about the pure numbers. Public Mobile won't tell the members how exactly rewards are calculated, but I believe it to be almost fully automated.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@XionBunny wrote:

From what I've been told, post counts don't matter it's the post quality since posts are manually assessed by the team here.

I doubt that posts are manually assessed by PM as opposed to the rewards being automatically tallied.  So moderators don't have enough work to do in a support queue that takes days, and they'll spend time combing through all the posts from everyone to assess their quality?  Priorities...

PM's formula for assessing contribution rewards is kept secret to minimize the gaming.  We cannot know for sure how each statistic fits into their formula. Members should just help out with their knowledge where they can as their time allows and let the system do the counting at the end of the month.

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mh1983 wrote:

@jor123 wrote:

@mh1983 wrote:

@Psygineer wrote:

@mh1983 wrote:

Feels like there's a lot of system gaming going on here. 😕 

Not sure what you mean. If you mean about PM not auto-moving people to new plans, even the big carriers don't usually do that. Like if you are on a two year contract, when your two year contract ends they don't typically reduce you down to the BYOD rate even though you effectively are BYOD now that your contract is over. You have to ask for that. It's the same with PM. You get what you initially signed up for, if you want something else, change to it.

I actually meant related to people posting replies in this thread. Just edited my message for clarification.

How are people gaming the system by making replies? 

1. Posting the same response multiple times. (Forgivable when they appear within a similar time frame since answers aren't always refreshed at the time of someone replying. But in this case, considerable enough time passed between each post, IMO.)

2. Getting votes up for said posts.

3. Getting rewards for redundant information.

From what I've been told, post counts don't matter it's the post quality since posts are manually assessed by the team here.

mh1983

@jor123 wrote:

@mh1983 wrote:

@Psygineer wrote:

@mh1983 wrote:

Not sure what you mean. If you mean about PM not auto-moving people to new plans, even the big carriers don't usually do that. Like if you are on a two year contract, when your two year contract ends they don't typically reduce you down to the BYOD rate even though you effectively are BYOD now that your contract is over. You have to ask for that. It's the same with PM. You get what you initially signed up for, if you want something else, change to it.

I actually meant related to people posting replies in this thread. Just edited my message for clarification.

1. Posting the same response multiple times. (Forgivable when they appear within a similar time frame since answers aren't always refreshed at the time of someone replying. But in this case, considerable enough time passed between each post, IMO.)

2. Getting votes up for said posts.

3. Getting rewards for redundant information.

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@mh1983 wrote:

@Psygineer wrote:

@mh1983 wrote:

mh1983

@Psygineer wrote:

@mh1983 wrote:

jimbobs

@Psygineer wrote:

@colvonquack wrote:

Hi, I changed over to the $15 100minute/unlimited text plan a few months back before it had unlimited incoming calling.

I figured it was logical at some point this would be added to this plan and I was checking the plans recently, sure enough it was. My bill just cycled and I did a test and an incoming call used a minute.

Do I have to manually change my plan to get the unlimited incoming or can somebody do this for me?

As the others have indicated, Public Mobile never changes peoples plans automatically. They expect you to change it if you want the new plan's offerings. I can only imagine the outcry people would have if they started messing with people's plans automatically. "PM upgraded me to having texting and I never wanted texting. Now I keep getting texts beeping at me, how do I disable texting" and other such things posted here. It would also set the precedent for PM to negatively change your plan as well. PM raised the rates of the $25 plan back up to $30, so they reduced your package down to the new $25 package which is province wide and text only or the flip side, increased your bill to $30 and the new $25 suits your needs and budget better, so now people are mad they paid an extra $5 for service they don't need or want and demand a refund. It's just easier to let users change when they want to change and leave them on the plan they signed up for even if it isn't in their best interest anymore.

Psygineer

@mh1983 wrote:

mh1983

Feels like there's a lot of system gaming going on with replies to the original question. 😕 The same answer's been stated several times with considerable enough time in between each post.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

What you can do is log into My Account and click Change Plan...select the plan you'd prefer...then future date it to your next renewal. That way you won't forfeit any current plan. You can also get the $5 / 500 minute add-on if that will help. Those minutes don't expire until you use them up..even if it takes 2 years.

Good luck.

Psygineer

@colvonquack wrote:

As the others have indicated, Public Mobile never changes peoples plans automatically. They expect you to change it if you want the new plan's offerings. I can only imagine the outcry people would have if they started messing with people's plans automatically. "PM upgraded me to having texting and I never wanted texting. Now I keep getting texts beeping at me, how do I disable texting" and other such things posted here. It would also set the precedent for PM to negatively change your plan as well. PM raised the rates of the $25 plan back up to $30, so they reduced your package down to the new $25 package which is province wide and text only or the flip side, increased your bill to $30 and the new $25 suits your needs and budget better, so now people are mad they paid an extra $5 for service they don't need or want and demand a refund. It's just easier to let users change when they want to change and leave them on the plan they signed up for even if it isn't in their best interest anymore.

lubinyeee23
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You should change your plan to the "new" 15 dollar a month deal. You are currently set up with the older plan that you agreed too! Should be an easy switch and you'll have the unlimited incoming calling upon renewal. Works great for me, awesome budget plan.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@colvonquack , I believe you do need to change to the new revised version of the plan. 

mh1983

You'd have to change over to the new $15 plan. It's not an automatic change. Keep in mind that if you change immediately, you aren't refunded $15 already paid up front for the old plan. That's why we typically recommend people change upon next renewal, but I can see wanting the unlimited incoming minutes sooner than later. Just wanted to mention.

Need Help? Let's chat.