cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$15 Plan, Canada vs US/CDA Add-on minutes usage order

Alison20
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have a $15 plan that I activated less than a month ago.  I downloaded the holiday gift of 400 US/Cda long distance as soon as it went live in early December.  I just purchased the $5 500min Cda minutes add-on.  I'm about to run out of plan minutes soon.

Question:  Since my 400 gift minutes say they are long distance US/Cda and I got that add-on before purchasing my 500 Canada calling minutes, will my US/Cda long distance add-on get used before my Cda calling minutes when I use up my 100 plan minutes?

9 REPLIES 9

@Alison20 wrote:

I thought the fact that the gift add-on was called Cda/USA long distance meant if I used it to call a Canadian long distance or a US number my gift minutes would be used.  Are you saying that add-on is only for US calls?

If you have the $5/500minute Canada wide calling add-on...it will get used to call CDN numbers when your regular plan minutes max out.

Your LD gift minutes will be used whenever you call US or foriegn number.

@Alison20 wrote:

I thought the fact that the gift add-on was called Cda/USA long distance meant if I used it to call a Canadian long distance or a US number my gift minutes would be used.  Are you saying that add-on is only for US calls?

Only the add-on that is needed is used.  The gift add-on includes both, but making a call to a Canadian number only uses the the Canada-only minutes because that's better for you.

Alison20

@Alison20 wrote:

And the order that I acquired the add-ons doesn't make a difference?

Not in my case either. I have LD gift minutes from last year that haven't been used yet.

@Alison20 wrote:

The order that the add-on were acquired makes no difference.

Alison20

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Alison20...I have the same plan as you do. I also purchased the $5 /500 minutes of Canada wide calling add-on.I also have the recent gift minutes as well. When my regular plan minutes max out...the $5 /500 minutes start to be used. When they max out...then the gift minutes are used until my plan renews again.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Alison20 wrote:

I have a $15 plan that I activated less than a month ago.  I downloaded the holiday gift of 400 US/Cda long distance as soon as it went live in early December.  I just purchased the $5 500min Cda minutes add-on.  I'm about to run out of plan minutes soon.

Question:  Since my 400 gift minutes say they are long distance US/Cda and I got that add-on before purchasing my 500 Canada calling minutes, will my US/Cda long distance add-on get used before my Cda calling minutes when I use up my 100 plan minutes?

@Alison20 hi if you are making a call to a Canadian number you Canada add on will be used if you are calling the states then your Canada US add on will be used😊

@Alison20 wrote:

The least valuable minutes are supposed get used first after running out of the plan's 100 minutes as this would be to your benefit.

Need Help? Let's chat.