cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$15./Month plan and cannot text at all?

DMS71
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Plan includes UL international text and texting has stopped working. We can make outgoign call as per the plan however textng has stopped - incoming and out going. 

We get 250mb of data but we are aware that it has ran out until reneweal. 

Why won't texting work?

Thanks,

DMS

6 REPLIES 6

Whether or not you have data available, in order to send SMS and MMS on an iPhone, the cellular data must be turned on, and if you're using the SMS/MMS fallback, the data will actually be zero-rated (free).

If you're forcing only blue bubble messages, it's looking for a data source which is available (and not zero-rated).

GR
Mayor / Maire

Does it work on WiFi?  Just to see if you're trying to send iMessages 

DMS71
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i phone 5

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@DMS71 wrote:

Plan includes UL international text and texting has stopped working. We can make outgoign call as per the plan however textng has stopped - incoming and out going. 

We get 250mb of data but we are aware that it has ran out until reneweal. 

Why won't texting work?

Thanks,

DMS

If your account status is active, try the lost/stolen phone trick to re-provision your plan features again.

1. Login to your self-serve account.
2. Report your phone lost/stolen using [Plan and Add-Ons] --> [Lost/Stolen Phone]
3. Logoff
4. Wait 5 minutes and login again
5. Report your phone found.
6. Re-start you phone to provision your account again. i.e. enable all features of you plan again.

If this trick failed to get thing working again, you should send a private message to moderator for help. But the wait is up to 48 hours. Good luck.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@DMS71What kind of phone and texting software are you using? Make sure in your texting software, you have turned on the MMS / SMS fall back options. If you don't turn on those options, the software could rely on your data bucket to communicate.. Since you also mentioned you are out of data, it will cause your texting software to fail.

GR
Mayor / Maire

What kind of phone? Could it be that its I messages and they won't work without data or WiFi? 

Need Help? Let's chat.