cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$15 Can-UK locked for security?

Vrdw
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just new to Public Mobile.  Bought an add on that gives me 1000min/m calls to the UK.  But, when I dial a UK land line number I get a message that the number is locked out as a security issue?  But it's a family number?  Any Ideas?

17 REPLIES 17

Import_from_NS
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello. Brit living in Canada here. 

You seem to be missing a digit. When I call my parents in Bucks  I need a '1' in front of their area code. 

So 011 xxxxxx (For my call) then their home number. 

@softech wrote:

Textnow is not free calling to UK.. only US and Canada

Calls to UK landlines used to be free, for example I used to be able to test calling the british museum at +44 20 7323 8000, but trying just now TextNow indicates 15c/min.

Looks like Ireland is still free.... I called the bank of Ireland no problem just now at +353 1 677 6801.

I think some other random other EU countries are (were) free too.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@softech wrote:

@t_p wrote:

@Vrdw wrote:

90.  As in 011 44 905..

@Vrdw 

Try using a voip  like Textnow to see if you can call it.

Never said it was free, but it won't hurt to pay this price to try:

t_p_0-1637809987272.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

To any regulars that take great exception and insult and think it's the end of the world that somebody dared to call them out openly and be corrected...

Thanks @wetcoaster . I think I skimmed over the "as in" thinking it was an example.

@softech wrote:

honest, dropping some zeros or so when calling UK really confused me sometime.. LoL

@softech   When calling another city locally in the UK, you always dial 01905 (example), but when calling internationally that same city, the zero needs to be dropped.

honest, dropping some zeros or so when calling UK really confused me sometime.. LoL

@wetcoaster wrote:

@Vrdw wrote:

90.  As in 011 44 905..

@Anonymous 

Republic of Ireland's country code is +353... The op mentioned +44...

Edited to add: 

@Vrdw 

Assuming that you are trying to call Worcester: Have you tried +44 1905 xxx xxxx? (just dropping the zero of the local number, instead of dropping 01) 

@Vrdw    Yes I think you're missing the 1 in front of the 905 as mentioned by @wetcoaster .  Of course, always drop the zero before any area codes when calling the UK.

@t_p wrote:

@Vrdw wrote:

90.  As in 011 44 905..

@Vrdw 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Vrdw 

do you call that number before !! 

and make sure you Purchase Add-Ons for

• 1000 Minutes to the U.K. for $15...
  • sign in to Self-Serve, to review your account,see it in your account the Add-ons.

if you can do some troubleshoot,

can you try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

can you try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

for android visit Here link ,

and do Rebooting your phone ,This is quick and simple,to refreshing your network,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

but make sure that number is right,

For example, a completed call 01144xxxxxxxx

@Vrdw wrote:

90.  As in 011 44 905..

@Anonymous 

Republic of Ireland's country code is +353... The op mentioned +44...

Edited to add: 

@Vrdw 

Assuming that you are trying to call Worcester: Have you tried +44 1905 xxx xxxx? (just dropping the zero of the local number, instead of dropping 01) 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Vrdw : Any chance you're calling a southern Ireland (Republic of Ireland) number? They're not a part of the UK.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Vrdw wrote:

Just new to Public Mobile.  Bought an add on that gives me 1000min/m calls to the UK.  But, when I dial a UK land line number I get a message that the number is locked out as a security issue?  But it's a family number?  Any Ideas?

@Vrdw  Can the person you are calling receive international calls? Perhaps this is an issue on their end. ask them if they ever received international calls before.

Do you know someone you call, or a business or somewhere close to them to ensure your call goes through? This would rule out something on your end if the call works.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@Vrdw wrote:

90.  As in 011 44 905..

@Vrdw 

Vrdw
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

90.  As in 011 44 905..

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Vrdw   what is the first couple digits of the number?

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@Vrdw wrote:

@Vrdw 

Have you by any chance dialed one of these ineligible numbers?

1. .... Calls made to numbers starting with the following UK codes are not included in UK calling from Canada and will not be completed when dialled: 4470, 44870-44879, 44843-44845.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Are you dialing 011 - 44 - Area Code - Land Phone Number ?

Try rebooting your phone.  You could purchase a long distance calling card which are sold at most retailers.

If you still need assistance then submit a ticket to a CSA by clicking on the bubble on the bottom left corner.

Need Help? Let's chat.