cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$15.00 Plan - Possibly a new Customer

tanyaluke
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So I see that the $15.00 plan has changed.  The 100 minutes of outgoing calls are to include only provincial calls now....not calls across Canada.  So did the unlimited incoming calls change as well, to only provincial calls in the province that you are living.  

Incoming and outgoing texts are still Canada wide correct? I'm just want to get all of the information correct before I make a decision.  I am with Bell right now and basically am paying for nothing.  They however do have the $15.00 plan.  Unlimited texting....100 minutes of Canada wide calling....but no incoming calls.

18 REPLIES 18

@darlicious wrote:

@computergeek541 

So there is an older plan that has limited incoming and outgoing minutes that are province wide only?

I have crossed out part my previous message to clarify.  They're probably trying to cover themselves when it comes to plans that don't include any calling minutes or that don't include unlimited incoming calls, although that doesn't really relate to province-wide calling plans.

@computergeek541 

So there is an older plan that has limited incoming and outgoing minutes that are province wide only?

@darlicious wrote:
When in Canada and while you still have remaining plan minutes, you can receive calls from anywhere in the world, regardless of whether you have a Long Distance Add-On.

Can anyone explain this line from the "Provincial calling explained"? Why would it make any difference if you have any outgoing plan minutes left in order to recieve calls from anywhere in the world?

Not all price plans that have been offered have unlimited incoming calls, including some that don't have Canada-wide calling.

When in Canada and while you still have remaining plan minutes, you can receive calls from anywhere in the world, regardless of whether you have a Long Distance Add-On.

Can anyone explain this line from the "How Province-wide Talk Works"? Why would it make any difference if you have any outgoing plan minutes left in order to recieve calls from anywhere in the world?

Edit: Corrected help article title.

@Rosguru wrote:

Just need more clarification on the "new" $15 Province Wide Plan and $5.00 for 500 minutes talk add-on

If I am on the province wide plan and live in BC, then visit Alberta, will I be able to use my 500 minutes to call back into BC or to call another province from Alberta???

This covers province wide calling. 

@Rosguru 

While you are in Alberta you can still receive unlimited calls from anywhere, and call unlimited alberta wide. Calls back to BC or any other province/territory will require canada-wide addon minutes.

At 1c/min it's still a pretty good deal...

Text the out of province person to call you 🙂 - especially if your number is a local call for them...

Rosguru
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Just need more clarification on the "new" $15 Province Wide Plan and $5.00 for 500 minutes talk add-on

If I am on the province wide plan and live in BC, then visit Alberta, will I be able to use my 500 minutes to call back into BC or to call another province from Alberta???

@hairbag1 wrote:

Outgoing calls to a number outside of your home province will require a Long Distance add-on. If you’re travelling to another province, you can make outgoing calls to any number within that province while you’re there, but you won’t be able to call your home province. You’ll still receive unlimited incoming calls. To call your home province while traveling, you will need a Long Distance add-on.

Basically, whatever province you are in you can call unlimited. Home province is irrelevant. If you go to BC, you can call anywhere in BC. If you go to Manitoba, you can call anywhere in Manitoba. If your "home province" is Ontario, you would need a LD addon to call Ontario only when you are not in Ontario. This could prove interesting if you are near a provincial border, depending which tower you are using....

Incoming calls while you are anywhere in Canada are included/unlimited, and don't need an addon.

roberto24
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

my friend incoming call are unlimited .it is a very good deal.take advantage it .regards 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@tanyaluke wrote:

So I see that the $15.00 plan has changed.  The 100 minutes of outgoing calls are to include only provincial calls now....not calls across Canada.  So did the unlimited incoming calls change as well, to only provincial calls in the province that you are living.  

Incoming and outgoing texts are still Canada wide correct? I'm just want to get all of the information correct before I make a decision.  I am with Bell right now and basically am paying for nothing.  They however do have the $15.00 plan.  Unlimited texting....100 minutes of Canada wide calling....but no incoming calls.

@tanyaluke   If you do decide to get the $15 plan at PM, just add the $5/500 Canada wide mins add-on to your account and you won't need to worry about making calls outside of the province you're in or if you run out of outgoing calling mins before your renewal cycle.    All domestic add-ons don't expire and unused mins (or data for data add-on) will roll over every cycle until depleted.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@hairbag1 

I am currently on the 15.00 Plan, I purchased 12 G of data a while ago because I could expense it through work. I will never change LOL

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Thanks to you both for clarifying, @RosieR and @hairbag1 !

@mh1983 wrote:

Incoming calls can come from anywhere, but with the "new" province-wide plan, you have to be in your home province for that to happen, no?

No, @mh1983  it is unlimited incoming calls from anywhere in the world as long as you are in Canada.

RosieR

@mh1983 wrote:

Incoming calls can come from anywhere, but with the "new" province-wide plan, you have to be in your home province for that to happen, no?

Receive calls from anywhere only whilst outside of the province.

(From OFFER DETAILS)----> Province-wide calling means you can make outgoing calls to any number within your home province. Plus, you’ll receive all incoming calls from across Canada regardless of the province they’re from. Outgoing calls to a number outside of your home province will require a Long Distance add-on. If you’re travelling to another province, you can make outgoing calls to any number within that province while you’re there, but you won’t be able to call your home province. You’ll still receive unlimited incoming calls. To call your home province while traveling, you will need a Long Distance add-on.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@mh1983 wrote:

With the new Provincial Plans you will receive all incoming calls regardless of the province you are in.

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@tanyaluke wrote:

The only really thing that changed (re the 'new' $15 plan offering) is the making of calls OUTSIDE of the province you are in will now require a Canada-wide add-on for new activations which take place beyond the Limited Time Offer period during which you can still access the soon to be 'legacy' plan.

I can't imagine ANYONE currently on the $15 plan would ever switch to the 'new' $15 plan - if so, they're giving up Canada-wide calling.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@tanyaluke wrote:

So I see that the $15.00 plan has changed.  The 100 minutes of outgoing calls are to include only provincial calls now....not calls across Canada.  So did the unlimited incoming calls change as well, to only provincial calls in the province that you are living.  ...unlimited in-coming from anywhere in the world while you're in Canada.

Incoming and outgoing texts are still Canada wide correct? ...worldwide

I'm just want to get all of the information correct before I make a decision.  I am with Bell right now and basically am paying for nothing.  They however do have the $15.00 plan.  Unlimited texting....100 minutes of Canada wide calling....but no incoming calls.

Need Help? Let's chat.