cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

12GB in 90 days

joeyauyeung
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have the 12GB Data for 90 days plan, and i never exceed the usage. I just receive a text from public mobile saying that i'm reaching 95% of my usage, i'm only on the 60th day (approx) of my plan, and when i went in the account it says my plan expired, but i still have 12GB. I checked my usage it is way less than 12GB. I am so confused can someone help me here?

12 REPLIES 12

@aishanasiru 

Welcome to public mobile. If you would like to ask a question go to the "browse"section at the top left of your screen. Click on it and choose a category you think your question fits into. Then click on the "ask a question" bar. Type in the subject bar your topic and ask your question in the box below. Click post and your question will show up on the landing page.

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I'm not seeing any difference between public's 3mbps (it's still LTE) and koodos slightly faster LTE. Depends what you'd use it for, for sure, but for just basic email social media type things I don't notice much difference at all 

aishanasiru

Just try set up with the communit y

@joeyauyeung wrote:

@srlawren and @Dunkman both of you are correct. I have confirmed the $40 offer is as follows:

4.5 GB 
Data at 3G speed⁴
Bonus 500 MB 
with AutoPay
Unlimited 
Talk Canada-wide
Unlimited 
International Text and Picture Messaging

I currently have the $120 for 90 days fall 2016 promo, it is a grandfather plan that is no longer avaliable, which includes LTE data. To me 12GB in 90 days (4GB a month) is enough (except for some reason I went over last month...) so the trade off for a bit more data but slower speed is not a good deal for me. I am glad I found this out before i switch the plan cause I would not be able to get my grandfather plan back! Thank you very much for both of you! Have a great day!

You could try out 3G speed by opening another account and sign-up for the $15 or $25 plan with autopay. Use the data included for your everyday needs and see how it works for you (I don't feel a nocticable lag for e-mail, social media and the occasional YouTube video, but this is a personal preference!).

Don't forget the referral from your main account!

joeyauyeung

@srlawren and @Dunkman both of you are correct. I have confirmed the $40 offer is as follows:

4.5 GB 
Data at 3G speed⁴
Bonus 500 MB 
with AutoPay
Unlimited 
Talk Canada-wide
Unlimited 
International Text and Picture Messaging

I currently have the $120 for 90 days fall 2016 promo, it is a grandfather plan that is no longer avaliable, which includes LTE data. To me 12GB in 90 days (4GB a month) is enough (except for some reason I went over last month...) so the trade off for a bit more data but slower speed is not a good deal for me. I am glad I found this out before i switch the plan cause I would not be able to get my grandfather plan back! Thank you very much for both of you! Have a great day!

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@joeyauyeung yeah @Dunkman raises a good point.   

I'm going to assume you're on the "2016 Fall Promo" plan, which was $120 for 90 days of 12GB, unlimited texting, and unlimited province-wide calling.

For the same $40/30 days (equivalent to your $120/90 plan--PM does not offer 90 day plans any more), you would get your calling upgraded to Canada-wide instead of Province-wide, and get an extra bit of data.  Your 12GB plan works out to about 4GB/30 days, though you are free to use it any way you like during that 90 days.  The new plan would give you 4.5GB/30 days, and without that flexibility (since the cycle is actually 30 days, not 90).  Also, the data would be throttled to "3G-like" speeds of 3Mbps. If and how much this would bother you really depend on your usage patterns and patience.  So yeah, same price, slightly mroe but slower data, and upgraded to Canada-wide calling.  So, trade-offs, just like most things in life sadly.  Current $40 plan:  https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/plans/40for4500MB-3Gspeed 

If you wanted even more data (again at the slower speed) and didn't mind spending a bit more, you could get 8 GB/30 days, for $50, with the same unlimited texting and unlimited Canada-wide calling as the $40 plan.  https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/plans/50for8GB-3Gspeed 

In the end, whether the trade-off of speed for more data and upgraded calling is worth it to you or not is a personal decision.  Do note though that if you want to try out one of these plans, it's a 1-way street.  Once you switch away from your grandfathered plan, you will not be able to get it back.  You would only be able to choose from the active plans at the time you want to change plans, and they can all be found here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/plans 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

joeyauyeung

@Dunkman 

Oh that is a good point. Thanks for pointing that out i didn't even thought about that. I thought LTE will be the standard already. I'll make sure before i change it. Thanks again! 

@joeyauyeung wrote:

@srlawren thank you for your reply. One of the representative from public mobile contacted me and said it was me using up my data, so you're right maybe something from my phone used up without me realizing it. And the plan is a grandfather plan so it actually says expired on the plan indiciating that the plan is no longer available but im still on it. I might consider changing it to another plan now if there are better plans with more data. 

@joeyauyeung 

You may want to check your grandfathered plan.  It likely has LTE data, which is advantage over the newer plans with 3G speed data, even though the newer plan may have more data, it would be slower.  Something to consider.  

joeyauyeung

@srlawren thank you for your reply. One of the representative from public mobile contacted me and said it was me using up my data, so you're right maybe something from my phone used up without me realizing it. And the plan is a grandfather plan so it actually says expired on the plan indiciating that the plan is no longer available but im still on it. I might consider changing it to another plan now if there are better plans with more data. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@joeyauyeung wrote:

I have the 12GB Data for 90 days plan, and i never exceed the usage. I just receive a text from public mobile saying that i'm reaching 95% of my usage, i'm only on the 60th day (approx) of my plan, and when i went in the account it says my plan expired, but i still have 12GB. I checked my usage it is way less than 12GB. I am so confused can someone help me here?

@joeyauyeung to be clear: does it say Expired next to Account Status, or as part of your plan description?  If it's your Account Status, then yes your plan may be going through a premature renewal for some reason.  However, some of the older promo plans -- defintely including but not necessarily limited to the 2016 Fall Promo, which you may or may not be on -- show Expired as part of the plan description becuase the *plan* itself is expired (you can't get on it, you can only have it now by grandfathering), rather than the *account* status.

I think the latter likely applies to you, and you likely used up your 12GB without realizing it.  Many things can cause this.  You may have WI-Fi Assit / Fast Wi-Fi Switching / etc enabled and it kicked in without you realizing.  You may have accdientally streamed some video over mobile data forgetting you weren't on the Wi-Fi network.  Your OS may have downloaded a large update over mobile data--there's usually settings to turn this off, you may want to look.  An app may have gotten stuck in a refresh loop and consumed a bunch of data.  Yes this last scenario does happen!  It happened to me once with Facebook a few years ago and tore through a bunch of data (and battery) before I noticed; also happened to my mother when a list app she uses (Listonic) somehow got hung and upsed up a few hundred megs.  

Anyway the point is, it's likely something on your phone using up your data without you realizing it.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@joeyauyeung wrote:

@joeyauyeung  If your account says expired then is going through renewal. If it's only 60 days then something is really messed up. Best to submit a ticket to PM for help.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking the icon below:

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Contact a moderator . Use Simon (the ?). Type moderator and follow.  

@joeyauyeung wrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.