cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

12GB for 3 months who’s got this plan?

Lteguy
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

it’s not enough data for 3 months? Can we do something about this plan guys? Other carriers are offering 10 gigs a month and giving promotions for example “sign up for this plan get bonus 2gbs monthly”.

when I signed up it was a pretty good deal $120 prepaid 3 months for 12GB data, unlimited local calls and texts, caller id, voicemail and of course the usual rewards to bring down the monthly bill with potential to get it down to $0 a month one day. However, this deal is getting old and I just need more data without having to pay do add ons because it cost money while other carriers are getting perks of bonus data for free. We should be getting bonus data at public mobile especially for the guys on this plan. What is the name of this plan?

17 REPLIES 17

@Lteguy the only difference I find with the throttled LTE is downloading/updating apps and streaming video content. when I'm indoors the LTE signal isn't strong enough to provide smooth play. at times the video will buffer on social media sites. when I'm outdoors it works great and can play 1080p quality on YouTube. you can also switch to HSPA(3g) and have higher download speeds of 12mb vs 3mb(throttled LTE)

hopefully when 5g arrives pm will atleast upgrade the plans to throttled LTE 12mb/s

@Lteguy wrote:

That’s amazing i would get a dual sim phone if I had another SIM card for data. It’s good to have LTE I didn’t even realize. What about 5g is that going to be faster then LTE?

As of right now 5G is more hype than reality so I wouldn't worry about it.

Lteguy

I never heard of this before

Carniam
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It will be, that is if it doesn’t kill us...

@Lteguy wrote:

That’s amazing i would get a dual sim phone if I had another SIM card for data. It’s good to have LTE I didn’t even realize. What about 5g is that going to be faster then LTE?

Oh yea...you'll be able to burn through 10GB of your data in about 2 minutes !

Lteguy

@Lteguy Your rewards would be converted to 30 day equivalents.

@Lteguy wrote:

I currently have loyalty rewards, autopay rewards and refer a friend rewards associated with my account, if I switch plans do I retain all those rewards?

There is no impact on rewards if you change plans.  However, these 3G speed plans might be hard to get used to when you have been using full speed data for so long.  I have a full speed LTE plan and I will never give it up.  I have resorted to augmenting the data with data only service on a second SIM, $5 for 4GB.  

Lteguy

I currently have loyalty rewards, autopay rewards and refer a friend rewards associated with my account, if I switch plans do I retain all those rewards?

@gblackma Best data deal depends on what the customer needs. It's the one that includes everything that the member wants/needs while paying the least. For most people, I don't agree that the $50 plan is best deal  I believe that most would consider those to be either the $25 or $40 plans. But yeah, the $50 plan is the lowest cost per GB.

@Lteguy wrote:

Sweet, Is that 3G or LTE service?

I’m on the 90 day legacy plan, so I get 4GB for 40 bucks, so can I bump my gb to 8.5 for $10?  I want this deal!

Go to the top of this page and click on "Plans" for your current menu.

Lteguy

Sweet, Is that 3G or LTE service?

I’m on the 90 day legacy plan, so I get 4GB for 40 bucks, so can I bump my gb to 8.5 for $10?  I want this deal!

Carniam
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

though this is still 3G. Sorry @Lteguy 

@Lteguy wrote:

That deal sucks, I’ll just have to monitor my data usage for now

If it's possible...make use of your wifi to minimize your PM data consumption. Where I live in BC, ShawGo wifi is free for anyone to use . Not sure how long it'll be free but it's great gesture from Shaw.

@Lteguy  Currently the best data deal here is the 8.5 gigs with autopay for $50 per 30 days. Stay safe. 

Lteguy

That deal sucks, I’ll just have to monitor my data usage for now

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Lteguy  hi maybe the  8 gb for 50 may suit your needs https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ab/plans/50for8GB-3Gspeed

Need Help? Let's chat.