cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Oracle

Re: 12GB for 3 months who’s got this plan?

@Lteguy wrote:

I currently have loyalty rewards, autopay rewards and refer a friend rewards associated with my account, if I switch plans do I retain all those rewards?

There is no impact on rewards if you change plans.  However, these 3G speed plans might be hard to get used to when you have been using full speed data for so long.  I have a full speed LTE plan and I will never give it up.  I have resorted to augmenting the data with data only service on a second SIM, $5 for 4GB.  

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Lteguy Your rewards would be converted to 30 day equivalents.

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

That’s amazing i would get a dual sim phone if I had another SIM card for data. It’s good to have LTE I didn’t even realize. What about 5g is that going to be faster then LTE?

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Lteguy wrote:

That’s amazing i would get a dual sim phone if I had another SIM card for data. It’s good to have LTE I didn’t even realize. What about 5g is that going to be faster then LTE?

Oh yea...you'll be able to burn through 10GB of your data in about 2 minutes !

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It will be, that is if it doesn’t kill us...

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I never heard of this before

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Lteguy wrote:

As of right now 5G is more hype than reality so I wouldn't worry about it.

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Lteguy the only difference I find with the throttled LTE is downloading/updating apps and streaming video content. when I'm indoors the LTE signal isn't strong enough to provide smooth play. at times the video will buffer on social media sites. when I'm outdoors it works great and can play 1080p quality on YouTube. you can also switch to HSPA(3g) and have higher download speeds of 12mb vs 3mb(throttled LTE)

hopefully when 5g arrives pm will atleast upgrade the plans to throttled LTE 12mb/s