cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10GB plan $60 ??

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I noticed this when I logged this morning.

Seems to also include calling to USA. 

I will just add that for $60, the US Roaming plan that was canceled as of last night had much better value for the same price. 

14 REPLIES 14

@AE_Collector wrote:

Comparing the $40/5Gb plan to the $60/10Gb plan makes this one look a bit better. $50/8.5 may be on its way next..... Just saying. And since the $60 US roaming plan was a derivative of the $50 plan that could explain its elimination. 

The new $60 plan is just the $50 plan with more data. It doesn't have roaming like the old plan, sadly.

Comparing the $40/5Gb plan to the $60/10Gb plan makes this one look a bit better. $50/8.5 may be on its way next..... Just saying. And since the $60 US roaming plan was a derivative of the $50 plan that could explain its elimination. 

The last big plan shake out looked bad but they filled some of the holes soon after so things aren’t too bad now. More changes over the next week wouldn’t shock me. I like my rumour of a competitive 30 day US Add-on to any plan personally!

Terry

@maheshboloor wrote:

@AE_Collector Interesting. I am in Ontario so I guess it's in certain provinces only. Lucky you BC guys, u don't have to see such a bad plan on your list..lol.

There aren't any differences in plans offered for people in different provinces.

@AE_Collector wrote:

Okaaayyyy.. I just went to the plans page and I don’t see anything above the $50/8.5Gb plan. The top banner is back to the $40 plan from the US $60 plan. I am set to BC...could they be offering this competitively in certain provinces only?

@AE_Collector  It's available in your self serve account.  I don't see it on the plans page either though.

maheshboloor
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@AE_Collector wrote:

Okaaayyyy.. I just went to the plans page and I don’t see anything above the $50/8.5Gb plan. The top banner is back to the $40 plan from the US $60 plan. I am set to BC...could they be offering this competitively in certain provinces only?

@AE_Collector Interesting. I am in Ontario so I guess it's in certain provinces only. Lucky you BC guys, u don't have to see such a bad plan on your list..lol.

maheshboloor

@AE_Collector oh yes, the 35$ 1.5 gb plan. Jesus, that plan is probably worse than this one lol. Like you literally are payin 10$ for extra 500 mb...smh.

Well this is just the equivalent of the $35/1.5Gb plan in a larger size. Someone the other day lost a referral because the friend had to have 10Gb. PM has resisted breaking the 8/8.5Gb barrier as though TELUS wouldn’t allow them into the larger data bucket market. So being one to see the good in things I see this as an interesting developement even if not the very best deal PM has to offer.

Calling to the US from Canada is part of the $50/8.5Gb plan so it is only logical that it is included for $60.

countonalex
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Horrible plan. Should be way more data. 

Samaanthag
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I decided to set the same limit for myself. I got 5 GB for it. If there were a lower priced plan for 3 GB, I would have gotten that.

maheshboloor

@will13am Yup, if you do the math its a bad/unwanted plan. The plan would have made sense if it had atleast 12 gb or more. The US roaming plan of 60$ had so much more value to it. Personally i have been waiting for PM to respond to Lucky's unlimited data plan of 128 kbps (which is perfect for my use case if not valid for others) and doesnt look like they will. I am probably gonna switch to some other carrier end of this year after gauging the plans which come out during the holiday season. I am sure several other PM subscribers are also moving on. PM has been great so far but they dont seem to be even trying to compete with thier direct competitors.

Pound
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

What happened to "pay less for less"? I thought it was PM's motto. It's literally pay more for less now, with this new plan and a few other plans being grandfathered. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I am going to be the first to call this $60 offer as a very bad deal!  The $50 plan already offers 8.5GB.  You would think that volume purchasing would get you more than 1.5GB with an incremental $10 payment.  Going from $40 to $50 gets 3.5GB more.  At least they should have added 3.5GB and made it 12GB for $60.  

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

It says special offer, who knows how long it will last. If you find it a good deal then go for it.

Its not  bad when compared to Koodo's or telus' 10gb for $75,  but personally,  $40 is my personal limit on cell spending.

Need Help? Let's chat.