cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

100 minutes 30 days plan -Call starting in previous 30 days and ending in the new 30 day

jasica
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am palnning to buy my parents 100 minutes 30 days plan.

A quick question.

I start my call on the last 30 day at 11:56 pm .

The call finishes at 12:10 am of the new month.

Will I be billed 4 minutes from the last 30 day and 10 minutes from the current month

or I will be billed all the minutes from the previous 30 days

or I will be billed all the minutes from the current 30 days.

7 REPLIES 7

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@jasica wrote:

A quick question.

Will I be billed 4 minutes from the last 30 day and 10 minutes from the current month

But....if you choose to stop your account with public mobile at the end of the 30 days...it will stop at 12.00..so if you are on the phone it will stop?????..Is it possible that the system count minutes before and minutes after..???

@Dogbert wrote:

@jasica wrote:

A quick question.

I looked at my own usage and it shows when the call was initiated and total talk time (no indication of when the call ended).

Thinking the billing software is written not to take into account of these cases; it will bill your plan on when the call was initiated (previous 30 days).  Software is not smart enough to know that it went into the next day (which is the start of the new plan).

My 5 cents worth.........

When you login into your account the renewal date and time are listed. Not sure it's always midnight. As for the call my guess is that the call will get dropped at the time or renewal but that is just my guess.

I'm not on limited minutes, but I know that for data it's a hard reset of the counter at 00:00 ET, no matter where you are in your continued data session.

Dogbert
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@jasica wrote:

A quick question.

I looked at my own usage and it shows when the call was initiated and total talk time (no indication of when the call ended).

Thinking the billing software is written not to take into account of these cases; it will bill your plan on when the call was initiated (previous 30 days).  Software is not smart enough to know that it went into the next day (which is the start of the new plan).

My 5 cents worth.........

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I am going to throw in another bit of uncertainty here.  The renewal actually takes place a little past mindnight eastern time.  So, does the clock start when the renewal has taken place.  This is the complication with these limited use plans, so many permutations...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jasica 

That IS an interesting question. Do you anticipate using the phone around midnight ET on renewal nights? Out west that's only 9pm I get it.

Edit: and to make that thought more complicated...the prepaid term end floats around a bit due to being 30 days...not a month. Maybe it just all comes out in the wash eventually.

@zork1984 Seems pretty much everything around here runs on ET.

zork1984
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Interesting question.  I don't have the answer but a related question: what time zone does Public Mobile use for billing purposes?

Need Help? Let's chat.